The importance of picture quality and sound output is immense while deciding to purchase a television. The recent models of LED smart TVs have significantly streamlined the entertainment needs by offering all the anticipated features. When it comes to such television units, the two pioneer brands are Samsung and LG. The South Korean giants just started to offer budget options for their smart TVs and we will check out two of them today. Below, you will be acquainted with the details and comparison of Samsung Series 4 vs LG 32″ TVs:
Samsung Series 4:
It may now be possible to buy a Samsung TV within a budget range with the release of Series 4. For that, the Samsung Series 4 TV is a suitable choice. It is a LED smart TV from Samsung that aptly fulfills the picture quality and sound output needs. The concert type experience is conveyed through the 10W speakers with surround sound. If needed, you may use the TV in the form of a Bluetooth speaker or can effortlessly connect it to any Bluetooth sound system through the built-in Bluetooth 2-way audio feature. The stunning picture quality is made possible with its HD ready display. You can now see vibrant colors in an exact manner. To avail a better view of a scene, you can zoom in to specially selected areas of the screen.
It is possible to optimize audio and video settings through the touch of a button. Moreover, you will feel as if you are located in the stadium with various sound effects. What makes it so exceptional is its stadium Freeview that provides free access to more than 50 channels. The users will be able to watch HDR content with excellent clarity and full-color expression. This HD TV is dedicated to providing more accurate details in dark and bright scenes.
The output sound is immersive for delivering excellent entertainment experience, eliminating the need for a separate system. Implementation of a powerful multi-surround sound effect enables the user to listen clearly. For all the music enthusiasts, this television can be transformed into a virtual music system which seems in 3 unique color tones. Therefore, all your beats will reverberate and appear better.
With the use of an advanced picture quality improvement algorithm, the Wide Colour Enhancer Plus from Samsung significantly enhances the image quality. Furthermore, it reveals hidden details. Through a simple push of a button, the users will be benefited with their favorite media content –whether it is sports, shows, series, etc.
The Samsung Series 4 TV also strives to maintain appropriate work-fun balance. During work calls, this TV can be transformed into a computer unit. The users avail flexibility to select to mirror their laptop for a considerable screen convenience, work from the cloud, or remotely avail their computer.
- The resolution from Samsung Series 4 is HD Ready (1366 x 768), and the refresh rate is 50 Hz.
- A feature of micro dimming pro lets you experience shadow detail and color entirely. It works to disseminate the screen into different zones. Subsequently, the micro dimming pro inspects each zone for purer whites and deeper blacks.
- To facilitate flawless connectivity, it comes with 2 HDMI ports that are useful to connect Blu Ray players, set-top box, and gaming console. Besides, a USB port is available to connect hard drives as well as other USB devices.
- All the essential data will stay safe because the Home cloud allows you to save your important files into this TV. The saving is accomplished automatically and wirelessly. Hence, this feature also assists you to free up space on your smartphone and ensures complete security of your data.
- It delivers 10 Watts sound output, and a total of 4 channel speakers surround sound provided at the output.
- There is the unique incorporation of the Samsung SmartThings app allowing flawless screen & sound convergence. This single app is useful to explore tons of smart features of this Samsung TV. This app also provides features like screen mirroring and smart remote controls.
The desire to watch favorite TV shows and movies in crystal-clear clarity with great sound is the desire of many people. This smart LED TV can now fulfill this same desire from LG. Salient features like Active HDR and LG ThinQ AI are packed in this unit to make the most of the media entertainment. The users would be certainly benefited with watching their preferred contents in the best settings along with advanced features.
One of the prime specialties of this television unit is the Active HDR, a technology which guarantees that the content’s color is made lifelike through a broad range of contrast. Those who admire to surf while viewing TV, it is sure that this device is a preferred choice. There would be no hassles to watch the desired sitcoms and sports matches.
Being a smart TV, this LG device packs in the Cloud Photo & Video app; you only need to launch this app and view images and videos with available settings. With the assistance of its expandable memory, there is no point of concern about the built-in memory. You can easily plug a USB and access external content. If the onboard memory gets full, the external memory comes handy.
Through the wireless sound (2 Way BT), there would be no chances of missing any moment while viewing TV. So, you could watch TV and surf the internet simultaneously. LG prepared this TV to offer multi-tasking functionality so that you could connect a Bluetooth Headset or soundbar wirelessly with TV.
- The implementation of the Active HDR technique allows the user to watch their desired content with precise detail and original color. The corresponding High Dynamic Range supports multi HDR formats including HDR10 Pro and HLG Pro.
- It comes with the resolution of HD Ready (1366 x 768p), and the refresh rate is 50Hz.
- For allowing other devices to connect to it, a total of 3 HDMI ports is included. It is possible to connect your set-top box, gaming console, and Blu Ray players. The built-in 2 USB ports allow the users to connect USB devices and hard drives.
- The cutting-edge technology from LG, i.e. AI ThinQ conveys an interactive experience. This is accompanied by the assistance of Natural Language Processing to allow the user to benefit from the intelligent Voice-activated Control.
- With the assistance of the LG Nano Cell Display, regardless of your position in the room, the colors appear more real. Also, the black levels appear deeper.
- The included LG Content Store is a hub for every entertainment contents comprising of apps, videos, and TV programs.
Comparing Samsung Series 4 vs LG 32″ TVs:
|Samsung Series 4||LG 32LK616BPTB|
|Product Dimensions||732.5 x 150.5 mm||742 x 472 x 180|
|Product Weight||3.9 kg (with Stand)|
3.8 KG – Without stand
|5.6 kg (with Stand)|
5.5 KG – Without stand
|Screen Size||32 inches||32 inches|
|Display Resolution||1366 x 768 Pixels|
|1366 x 768 Pixels (IPS Panel)|
Active HDR 10 Pro
|Image Aspect Ratio||16:09||16:09|
|Refresh Rate||50 Hz : Standard refresh rate for blur-free picture quality||50Hz|
|Batteries Required||Yes (Remote)|
|Yes (RF remote)|
|Connectivity & Ports||1 x USB 2.0|
2 x HDMI
1 SPDIF Port
1 Composite A/V
Component In (Y/Pb/Pr) – 1
Bluetooth – 4.2
|2 x USB 2.0|
1 LAN – RJ45
|Connector Type||Built-in Wi-Fi|
DLNA & Miracast Support
|Accessories included in the package||This LED TV, a tabletop stand, a wall mount bracket, a power cable, a remote control, a user manual, and a warranty card.||Manual, RF Remote, Cables, Mounts, Stand|
Both the smart LED TVs – Samsung Series 4 vs LG 32, 32LK616BPTB offers excellent picture quality and contrast levels. When you go for the Samsung Series 4, you will admire the picture clarity and the ample external connectivity options. On the other hand, with LG 32LK616BPTB, you will be benefited with the powerful HDR technique and smart features from LG to view online contents with great convenience.