The implementation of advanced technologies has entirely changed the concept of TV watching. Gone were the days were these appliances were only used to view the broadcasted channels. With the inclusion of smart additions and many innovative features, these appliances are now made versatile.
Related: List of TVs with 120Hz Refresh Rate
The discussion of the present article is based on a detailed comparison between three popular TV models. They are Thomson R9, Thomson B9 Pro, and Kodak X900. Each of them differs from one another when it comes to displaying resolution, screen size, smart features, connectivity, and many more aspects. First of all, let’s have a look at the descriptions of each of these TV models, and then we will look at a detailed comparison between them:
When you set up the Thomson R9 32 inch TV in your living room, it is sure that your home entertainment would come alive. It is an HD Ready LED TV boasting a Zero Dot A+ Grade Panel. One of the best aspects of this appliance is it supports 178-degree wide viewing angles. These angels allow you to enjoy watching your favorite shows in crystal-clear clarity from most of the spots in your bedroom or living room. This appliance will surely upgrade your viewing experience with striking visuals and immersive audio.
This TV is equipped with various connectivity options like PC, HDMI, USB, and earphone jack outlets. The built-in 20 W output speakers present clear quality sound for an immersive listening experience. Moreover, 5-sound Mode provides vibrant and loud music.
- The display resolution is 1366 x 768 pixels, which provide detailed visuals when watching movies, videos, and playing games.
- It comes with a Zero Dot A+ Grade Panel that presents bright shades on the HD-ready display. Therefore, every image would appear lifelike on this TV.
- At the output, crystal-clear images are shown regardless of the viewing angles.
- It comes with minimum power consumption.
- The display type is LED, and the TV comes with a response time of 6.5 ms.
Thomson B9 Pro:
When it comes to a budget-friendly TV incorporated with all essential features, the Thomson B9 Pro attains great fame in the market. This is because you will be surprised to get lots of features by paying a reasonable price. Right from the evolution of the TVs to date, people have been attracted by their features.
The Thomson B9 Pro is a 32-inch HD Ready LED Smart TV comes with a bright display output for great viewing pleasure. In this TV, the screen’s aspect ratio is 0.67292, and it successfully meets the latest standards. In addition to the basic features, many extra features make it a popular appliance among customers. These features include Double USB Sharing, Display Mirroring, Screen Casting, MHL, WiFi Direct, SmartView, and Android support.
The appearance of the Thomson B9 Pro is precisely like its 40-inch 4K model, but its size is a bit smaller than that. You will notice the glossy black plastic bezels present across the edges of its 32-inch screen. Though they are not excessively thick, they are not the slimmest bezels seen on any budget TV. The overall design is made classic to represent all the details in a simple form. Based on your requirements, you can either mount it on a wall or place it on a desk by using the bundled stands. With the assistance of a pair of plastic stands with rubber feet, this TV will be held entirely in a place.
The critical aspect to discuss for any TV is the picture quality, and it is satisfactory in this HD-ready TV. The overall color reproduction is excellent, and the colors feel natural in most cases. However, the contrast is not high. This is because it tends to lose a lot of detail in dark and excessively bright areas. Compared to its non-pro variant, i.e., Thomson B9, the overall picture quality is better.
Taking a look at the working mechanism, this appliance is powered by a quad-core processor and 1 GB RAM. This RAM space is enough to run things flawlessly at HD resolution. There would be no lag in navigation. Moreover, the UI is quite easy to use. This appliance comes with two USB ports and coaxial AV inputs present on the side of the TV. On the other hand, the I/O ports and HDMI ports are positioned along their lower edge. Considering the TV’s size, no ports are difficult to reach even if you have wall-mounted them.
It is known that the video file format support through USB is outstanding. It can successfully play different video file formats with many different popular codecs via its default player. One of the surprising specialties to note is it can easily play 4K videos through USB without a hitch. There is no doubt that this is a 768p screen, and the videos are scaled, given that. It would be quite easy for you to control the playback with the help of the bundled remote. Also, you can install VLC Player to experience better playback support and interface.
Within 30 seconds, this TV will boot up. So, its booting time is quite lesser than most smart TVs. It does not come with the quick resume from standby feature, as seen on its 4K model that would start back up from standby mode in only 5 seconds. One more drawback, i.e., the interface becomes unnoticeable due to the button on the remote.
- The Thomson B9 Pro comes with a 32-inch screen having a resolution of 1366 x 768 pixels, and also it comes with LED backlighting.
- It comes with an A+ grade Samsung panel with a 60Hz refresh rate and 450 nits brightness.
- A pair deliver the audio output of stereo speakers, which are rated at 20 Watts RMS.
- The skin tones appear flat on this screen, particularly when you are viewing non-HD channels.
- It allows you to adjust the picture settings. There are options to change contrast, brightness, color, sharpness, and backlight over and above the picture presets.
- The connectivity options supported are two USB ports, three HDMI ports, an RJ45 LAN port, two A/V inputs, a headphone out, and a coaxial out.
- Like all smart TVs, the B9 Pro unit is equipped with WiFi 802.11 b/g/n compatibility, and it connects at 2.4 GHz. The process of setting up and linking to a WiFi network is secure.
- There are built-in apps for Netflix and Amazon Prime Video.
The time spent with your best ones is the time to be cherished for a lifetime. Now you can make it even more pleasurable with the set up of Kodak X900 television. Whether you desire to watch your favorite shows, movies, TV series, play games, etc., this full HD LED TV is a perfect choice for you. The price offered is not expensive, considering the features presented and picture quality. Moreover, the sound quality is fantastic. Within a few minutes, you can complete the installation process in either a wall-mountable fashion or on a desk.
In this Kodak TV, the video file format support via USB is excellent. The reason behind this is it plays every file with different codecs you threw at it. Various file formats are played via its default player. The cheap quality LED TVs may include delays in the video output, but the video output on this TV is without any delay. The bundled remote allows you to regulate the playback easily. To experience better playback support and an excellent interface, you can install VLC Player.
With the setup of X900 television, you can watch movies and play games directly from your USB drive. Alternatively, you can watch on-air programs in rich detail. Due to the Dynamic Picture Enhancement technology implementation, the visuals are brighter and more stunning than standard televisions.
- The Kodak X900 features a full HD, wide-angle display of size 101.6 cm. It comes with a resolution of 1920×1080 pixels. At this resolution, you can watch Blu-ray movies at the highest level of detail.
- It comes with a standard refresh rate of 60 Hz to present a blur-free picture quality.
- The display comes with 300 nits of brightness for presenting bright and vivid visuals.
- Kodak has included two HDMI ports for set-top boxes and consoles. Also, the TV comes with two USB ports to effortlessly connect your camcorder, digital camera, or USB device.
- The wide-angle display allows you to watch the onscreen action from any angle.
- There would be no eye strain issues while viewing less bright scenes. This is because it comes equipped with Kodak’s Dynamic Picture Enhancement technology. So, whenever the dark scenes are showcased, it improves the contrast and brightness to let the pictures appear sharper.
- The productive sound output is delivered from a 20W speaker.
- For hassle-free connectivity, there are USB and HDMI ports included.
- This TV unit is protected against lightning and humidity, and it could function without a stabilizer.
Comparison of Thomson R9 Vs B9 Pro Vs Kodak X900:
Thomson B9 Pro
|Weight without stand||5.9 kg||3.7 kg||5.5 kg|
|Weight with stand||5.9 kg||3.9 Kg||6 Kg|
|Dimensions with stand ( W x H x D)||735 mm x 480 mm x 100 mm||731.9 x 481.5 x 182.8 mm||925 x 539 x 86 mm|
|Voltage requirement||AC – 220 V, 50 Hz||100 – 240 V||100 – 240 V|
|Power consumption standby||54 W||50 W||85 W|
|Power saving mode||0.5 W||.05 W||0.5 W|
|Display Type||LED||Direct LED Backlit||Full HD LED|
|Aspect ratio||16:9, 4:3, Auto, Just Scan, Zoom1, Zoom2||0.67292||0.67292|
|Refresh rate||60 Hz||60 Hz||60 Hz|
|Response time||6.5 ms||6.5 ms||8 ms|
|Resolution||HD Ready 1366 x 768 Pixels||HD Ready, 1366 x 768 Pixels||1920 x 1080 Pixels|
|Horizontal viewing angle||178 degree||178 Degree||178 Degree|
|Vertical viewing angle||178 degree||178 Degree||178 Degree|
|Size diagonal||32 Inch||32 Inch||40 Inch|
|Other display features||HD||HDR (High Dynamic Range), Micro Dimming||3D Comb Filter|
|Image formats supported||JPEG, PNG||BMP, JPEG, PNG||JPEG|
|Analog TV reception formats||PAL, SECAM||PAL, NTSC, SECAM||PAL, SECAM|
|Video formats supported||AVI, MPG, DAT, VOB, DIV, MOV, MKV, RM||MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, WMV||3GP, AVI, MP4, WMV|
|Audio formats supported||WMA, MP3, M4A||AC3(Dolby Digital), MP3, WMA||AAC, MP3, WAV, WMA|
|Number of speakers||2||2||2|
|Total speaker output||20 W||20 W||20 W|
|Output per speaker||10 W||10 W||10 W|
|Other smart audio features||Digital Media Player (DMP) Content: Music, Music Alone mode, Noice reduction 3D, Sport Mode|
|Auto volume leveler: Balance||5 Band Equalizer, Auto volume leveler: Balance|
|Sound type||Surround sound type||2.0,Stereo||2.0,Stereo|
|USB supports||Audio, Video, Image||Audio, Video, Image||Audio, Video, Image|
|RF input Analog coaxial ports||1||1||1|
|Headphone speaker output ports||1||1||1|
|remote feature||Battery operated||RF (Radiofrequency)||RF (Radiofrequency)|
|Miracastscreen mirroring support||No||Yes||No|
|Other smart features||–||Display Mirroring, Double USB Sharing, MHL, Screen Casting, SmartView, WiFi Direct, Android||Double USB Sharing|
Whichever you choose from any of these 3 TVs, a pleasurable viewing experience is guaranteed. The Thomson R9 excels in its bright display panel, but this TV does not have smart features. The Thomson BP Pro is famous for being lightweight, low in power consumption, lots of connectivity options, and satisfactory picture quality. The Kodak X900 is renowned for presenting bright visuals and excellent screen resolution.