Data Analytics in Excel 2016
- Extract Enterprise data easily using PowerQuery built into Excel.
- Supports New Data Sources like Hadoop, Azure HDInsight, SharePoint List, Relational Databases and much more.
- Data Shaping, Cleansing & Transformations
- Bringing data into the data model or to Excel sheets using PowerQuery & PowerPivot
Copy/Paste Queries between workbooks and between Power BI Desktop and Excel
Data connectivity updates:
- Support for SharePoint Lists from non-English sites.
- Enhanced support for the Exchange connector.
- Automatic column type detection when importing .XLS files via the Excel Workbook connector.
- A new “Select Related Tables” option when connecting to database sources.
- Enhanced Active Directory connector credentials.
- An improved function invocation experience.
- A new option to delete all entries in the Data Source Settings dialog.
- An option to “Enable Relationship Import during Refresh operations.”
Also read “What are Data Analysis Expressions“
Data Analysis Improvements in Excel 2016
- Usability improvements
- Deferred Refresh
- Search in Field List
- Smart Rename of tables, columns & measures
- In-context automatic relationships detection
- In-context create, edit and delete measures
Forecasting in Excel 2016
New time-series forecasting (using exponential smoothing)
- Forecast.ETS(time, time_series, value_series)
- Forecast.ETS.Seasonality( … )
- Forecast.ETS.Confint( … )
- Forecast.ETS.Stat( … )
Know more about forecast in Excel 2016 for Windows
This release introduced new charts across Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Box & Whisker
Read at Office Blog to know more
Publishing BI Reports
- SharePoint 2013 & 2016 On-Premises
- To Office 365 & Share Point Online
- Power BI Service @ PowerBI.com