If you are looking for the best fanless laptops, you are not alone. We live in a mobile-first world, where we want lightweight everything without any performance compromises. With this one-dimensional thought process, we have started this article for our valuable readers.
Mainstream laptops have become thinner and lighter over the years. Laptop manufacturers have emphasized more on the smaller side and light ultraportable notebooks over bulky desktop replacements. When Apple released its first MacBook Air back in January 2008, other PC manufacturers were making bulky PCs, which primarily attracted business customers. Post-Macbook Air era, PC makers, have taken design cues from it. Today we see the 13.3″ form factors quite common in the ultrabook category.
With thin and light notebook computers, comes space constraints and design restrictions. On top of that, the Laptop needs to be adequately cooled, and we expect the battery to last for a good 10 hours. Plus, it’s 2017, and we have started hating bezels taking too much of space. With all of these expectations in place, we expect the laptops to run cooler and quieter. While there are no size restrictions imposed by Intel, most 13 inches or smaller ultrabooks weigh around 3 pounds or less, while the more significant 14 and 15-inch machines weigh approximately 4 – 4.5 pounds. So they are lighter higher than the average laptops in their classes.
Apart from Ultrabooks, mainstream laptops have also become thinner and lighter, but at the cost of performance. Ultrabooks are more expensive in comparison to mainstream laptops, but they do come with top-notch specs and high performance. It is one of the primary reasons why we have listed mostly ultrabooks on this list here.
Best Fanless Laptops
Most of the entry-level processors from Intel, such as the Atom, Pentium or even Celeron based laptops come with fanless designs. It makes them suitable for embedded scenarios or HTPCs as well. With power consumption between 4 Watts – 6 Watts, they work well with passive cooling solutions. But, as you go up the ladder, power consumption increased, and the presence of a fan becomes inevitable.
In this regard, Intel’s Core M series (m3-7Y30 Processor) comes with a TDP of 4.5 Watts and is found on many Laptops and convertibles. However, their performance is limited and is only suitable for light computing and browsing. If you want a perfect balance between performance and power consumption, then you would need to be in the 15 Watt processor category. The Core i3 and in some rare scenarios, the i5 series do feature a fanless design. A lot has been said. Now let us quickly jump right into our list of the best fanless laptops.
Article-14: Best Fanless laptops
|Sr. No.||Image||Product Name||Manufacturer||Buy Now|
|1||ASUS NovaGo TP370QL-4G64G Laptop||ASUS||Buy from Amazon|
|2||HP Spectre X2 12-a009nr||HP||Buy from Amazon|
|3||ASUS VivoBook Flip 14 2-in-1 Laptop||ASUS||Buy from Amazon|
|4||Asus ZenBook UX305FA Laptop||ASUS||Buy from Amazon|
|5||Microsoft Surface Pro (5th Gen)||Microsoft||Buy from Amazon|
|6||Acer Switch Alpha 12 2-in-1 Laptop||Brother||Buy from Amazon|
|7||ASUS Zenbook 13.3″ Full HD Touchscreen 2-in-1 Laptop||ASUS||Buy from Amazon|
|8||Dell XPS 13 9365 2-in-1 laptop||Dell||Buy from Amazon|
|9||Acer Switch 7 Black Edition 2-in-1 laptop||Buy from Amazon|
9. Acer Switch 7 Black Edition:
The black edition of Acer’s Switch 7 laptop is essentially the world’s first fanless 2-in-1 PC, which released the 8th Gen Intel Core Processor as well as NVIDIA discrete graphics. Both theses mentioned components make the Acer laptop impeccable for accomplishing intensive tasks, vibrant creations, and fast streaming. It is possible to make a transition from laptop to tablet in a snap, and thus enhance the work efficiency.
Taking a glance at its structure, the Laptop boasts elegant, sturdy brushed-aluminum design along with a snap-off full-sized type magnetic backlit keyboard. The included keyboard facilities you to make a smooth transition from tablet to laptop in a matter of a few seconds. Moreover, this model of Acer laptop makes sure you have ample battery life of 8 hours to last for the entire day.
The stunning 13.5-inch wide-viewing display conveys dynamic images and presents exceptional accuracy for availing an excellent writing experience. Furthermore, the vibrant images also offer an enjoyable tactile experience. When you simply drag out the embedded Acer Stylus pen, you will be able to see how the magic unfurls as you confine your creative ideas on the screen. This pen allows you to operate the Acer Switch 7 more easily and quickly.
With the assistance of the included Acer AutoStand, the users will find a positive increment in their work efficiency. With slight adjustments through the hand, you will be able to set the perfect angle for perfect viewing experience. Whether you want to work or play games or watch a movie, the automated pop-out and retracting kickstand will streamline the positioning. In order to deliver melodious sound output, the front-facing speakers are tuned by Acer’s TrueHarmony audio tech. In this way, there will be a significant boost in entertainment through an exceptional speaker design that conveys deeper bass and more volume.
- The Acer’s Switch 7 laptop packs in 16GB of LPDDR3 Onboard Memory and 512GB SSD. Those looking for an SSD laptop can try using this device.
- Its massive 13.5-inch, 2256 x 1504 IPS display is exceptionally designed with superb precision to support a simultaneous pen and touch experience.
- Acer has implemented the patented Dual LiquidLoop cooling, which makes sure the GPU and CPU performance are accomplished flawlessly without the noise. In its configuration, the dual fanless loop heat pipe cooling system is found to be highly energy efficient. This system makes sure the entire Laptop stays cool and facilitates noise-free operation.
- All the fine details can be entirely viewed through the wide-viewing angles. So, you can browse the web, watch videos, work on typing, etc. at a suitable angle.
- The built-in Acer Stylus comes implemented with Wacom EMR (Electro-Magnetic Resonance) technology. This stylus is dedicated to offering a natural, cordless and battery-free handwriting and drawing experience. It is now quite straightforward to transform your thoughts into action.
8. Dell XPS 13 9365 2-in-1 laptop:
Another classic black colored laptop in this list, this 2-in-1 Laptop from the acclaimed brand Dell is essentially a fanless device. Now there will be no disturbance or interference due to noise. Its unique fanless design makes sure the generation of heat is reduced throughout the operation. The XPS 13 9365 is designed uniquely with a flawless display, razor-thin bezel, and rule-bending creativity. In the present market of the Laptop, it is found that this Dell 2-in-1 laptop is one of the thinnest convertibles. Its overall size is a tad larger than an iPad and comes equipped with full computer functionality.
One of the noticeable aspects of this XPS laptop is its revolutionary 13.3-inch full HD InfinityEdge display. This exceptional display enables virtually borderless edge-to-edge views. This display comes protected with edge-to-edge Corning Gorilla Glass. In case you desire to carry this Dell laptop too far places or travel destinations or offices, you can stay stress-free. This is because the device is packed with superb portability. Weighing just 2.7 pounds and boasting a 0.3-inch profile, the XPS 13 9365 boast excellent portability.
Based on the observation, it is found that the unit works well for MS Office, web, and other applications. You will not find any depreciation in the speed while working. Those people looking for a laptop with a perfect combination of fanless design, portability, speedy and powerful operation, this device is a suitable choice to consider.
- The XPS 13 9365 from Dell houses Intel Core i7-7Y75 4M cache with Turbo Boost up to 3.60 GHz.
- It includes 8GB LPDDR3 1866 MHz RAM and 256GB SSD.
- The display resolution is 1920 x 1080, and it is embodied with the 10-finger multi-touch support.
- This 2-in-1 laptop unit includes widescreen HD 720P webcam and Windows 10 home 64 bit.
- In order to enable a wireless connection, there is the inclusion of Bluetooth 4.2.
- The embedded 4-cell 46WHr battery comes with up to 15 hours of battery life.
7. ASUS Zenbook 13.3″ Full HD Touchscreen 2-in-1 Laptop:
The model of Asus Zenbook in the present discussion is characterized by its ultra-thin body. This indirectly suggests that this 2-in-1 Laptop boasts excellent portability. Compared to other similar laptops in this category, this model of ASUS ZenBook Flip is slimmer, lighter, and faster than other notebooks. In this way, it presents unparalleled power and portability throughout the day. With the inclusion of the Solid State Drive (SSD), the Laptop offers excellent responsiveness. So, every task ranging from startup to loading demanding programs, take place in a flash.
The appearance of this Zenbook showcases the laser-edged, concentric circle pattern, which is mainly influenced by a circular clock. Furthermore, the aluminum unibody supplements form to functionality while it travels with you without adding up any weight. Despite being extremely slim, this device incorporates Intel HD Graphics, which is highly suitable for driving graphic-intensive programs. These graphics are highly ideal for light video and photo editing, as well as casual games.
The critical aspect of this Asus fanless laptop is its 13.3-inch wide-view display, which resists glare. This display appears astounding and makes sure there is no penetration of undesired glare. Therefore, you can flawlessly work even in a brightly lit room. Through the facility of a wide viewing angle of 178-degrees, it is quite easy to share the screen with others while you are watching an HD movie or showcasing your presentation files. The facility of the 360-degree rotation enables the user to switch the Laptop among its four modes immediately.
- With the assistance of the Kabylake Intel Core i5-7Y54 Processor and up to 8GB LPDDR3 memory and SSD, this Zenbook starts up in a few seconds. Right from operating large programs to navigating the web, these components allow the device to work at a rapid pace.
- Its touch screen FHD display comes with 1920 by 1080 resolution.
- There is a sufficient number of ports included –a Gen 1 USB 3.1 Type-C port, two USB 3.0 ports, and a Micro HDMI port.
- Due to its long battery life, you can use its keyboard and trackpad longer.
- It comes with Windows 10 OS.
6. Acer Switch Alpha 12 2-in-1 laptop:
The high popularity of the Switch Alpha 12 laptop adheres to the fact that it is the world’s first 6th Gen Intel Core processor-based fanless laptop. Being a 2-in-1 device it presents dual functionality i.e., the premium performance and excellent battery life. Moreover, you can use it as a tablet if you prefer so. The two significant specialties packed in this Acer 2-in-1 laptop are versatility and innovation. They convey an ideal blend of productivity, flexibility, and portability. It came to know that its inventive fan-less liquid-loop cooling system is the world’s first to hold up high-performance 6th Gen Intel Core processors. Simultaneously, this system makes sure this device stays crisp and noise-free during operation.
You can easily carry it on the go because its structure is made thin and lightweight. The inclusion of chic kickstand and wireless backlit keyboard makes sure your needs are aptly met, and productivity is maximized. During the travel trips, in order to save space, this Switch Alpha laptop can be easily transferred to a tablet.
- For personal or professional use, its 12-inch QHD touch screen display presents bright output. The resolution of this display is 2160 x 1440.
- It comes packed with the Intel Core i7-6500U processor working at 2.5GHz, 8GB Memory, 512GB SSD, and Windows 10 Home.
- There is the inclusion of the USB 3.1 (Type-C) port.
- The built-in battery comes with up to 8-hours of battery life.
- With the quick snap, its full-size keyboard can be converted into the tablet. With the special assistance of a magnetic hinge, the users can quickly turn the tablet into a laptop.
- On the backlit keyboard, there are widely spaced keys included for comfortable and precise typing.
- Regardless of your use, the 8 hours of battery life makes sure you can use it consistently for a full day.
5. Microsoft Surface Pro (5th Gen):
Identified as a versatile fanless laptop from Microsoft, the 5th gen Surface Pro laptop can accomplish many diverse tasks. Now you can study, work, and play virtually anywhere without any hassles. It is essentially an ultra-light laptop that presents excellent mobile productivity. With its all-day battery life, you can complete all the significant tasks without worrying about the battery.
Its ultra-portable design, along with circular edges, streamlines the use and also adds to the elegance. It came to know that this Surface Pro device works flawlessly with Surface Pen, Surface Dial, and Office. Moreover, it executes the full Windows experience, which incorporates 3D creation tools.
In order to let the users explore their creativity, this 5th gen laptop packs in next-generation creative tools. To facilitate real-time writing and artistic shading, it comes with a Surface Pen.
- The 5th gen Surface Pro conveys enhanced speed and performance due to its built-in Intel Core processor that works powerfully. This processor is equipped with up to 50% more battery life compared to Surface Pro 4.
- With Windows Hello, the users will relish swift, secured, and password-free sign-in.
- The included Surface Arc Mouse is compact, light, and ready to travel. Primarily, it is designed to conform to the structure of your hand and snaps flat in order to fit conveniently in your bag.
- When operated in the studio mode, you can lower the kickstand. This kickstand is furnished with a deep hinge to enable impeccable writing and drawing angle.
4. Asus ZenBook UX305FA laptop:
The Asus Zenbook UX305FA laptop is devoid of fan in its unit. In spite of being fanless, this Laptop would not get warm and makes sure the entire unit stays cool. Weighing just 1.2lb., this is an extremely lightweight laptop. Hence, you can easily take it anywhere. Its elegant appearance and quick response make it an enticing option among customers.
It comes with all the necessary ports i.e., 3 USB ports. Whether you need it for programming, game playing, video watching, or other routine tasks, the UX305FA laptop is a perfect device. For the offered price, it is a steal because it incorporates all the essential features.
- The operations are based on the Intel Core Broadwell M-5Y10 0.8 GHz processor.
- It comes with sufficient memory and storage i.e., 8GB RAM and 256GB SSD.
- Its 13.3-inch FHD screen clearly showcases the output in any light conditions.
- The construction process uses aluminum in most parts, so it is made ultra-slim.
3. ASUS VivoBook Flip 14 2-in-1 Laptop:
Presented in a Vivobook style, the Asus Flip 14 2-in-1 Laptop is flexible to use and packed with tons of features. The device is uniquely designed for ultimate touch experiences. Its ultra-accurate touch screen offers precise output without compromising on the user experience. Inside its configuration, the high-precision touch sensors are properly spaced at 6mm intervals. They guarantee exceptional sensitivity over standard displays. This suggests that even the most delicate touches are precisely detected.
It can operate in 4 different modes for the convenience of users. You can work it in Laptop mode, can flip into Tent mode, and communicate over ideas with friends or colleagues. Moreover, you will be able to create your own personal movie theatre with Stand mode, or you can conveniently use it on the go in Tablet mode.
During the making, Asus focused on sculpting from a single piece of aluminum. Moreover, the brand focused on including a stainless steel kickstand in order to present a sturdy, seamless finish. This slim, removable kickstand blends superb elegance and excellent durability. The full HD display flaunts 178° wide-view technology in order to guarantee that the contrast and color appear bold and vivid regardless of the viewing angle. Henceforth, this display is suitable for viewing videos or documents.
Despite being lightweight in design, the device incorporates a powerful battery embodied with up to 10 hours of battery life for conveying high productivity. With the implementation of the ASUS SuperBattery technology, the high-quality battery is flawlessly complemented by the new ASUS Battery Health Charging technology. The same allows the user to adjust the state of charge to different levels in order to avert overcharging. Asus has designed this model of 2-in-1 Laptop for those who emphasize beauty and performance equally as the practicality.
- The essential components of the Asus Vivobook Flip 14 2-in-1 laptop are powerful Intel Core m3-7Y30 2.6GHz processor, 4GB LPDDR3 RAM, and 128 EMMC storage. The mentioned Intel Quad-Core processor delivers the required performance for entertainment and multitasking.
- It comes with the comprehensive connections comprising of USB 3.1 Type-C (Gen1), SD Card Reader, Micro USB 2.0, micro HDMI, headphone out, and audio-in combo jack.
- Its structure showcases an exceptionally slim 15.4mm profile and also shows the ASUS NanoEdge ultra-narrow display bezel. This bezel allows it to fit a 14-inch display inside a chassis of a typical 13-inch laptop. It is not easy to accommodate a 14-inch Full HD display into a 13-inch frame. The bezel of the NanoEdge display makes sure the same is possible. Through its 8mm NanoEdge design, the VivoBook Flip 14 depicts a beautiful 73% screen-to-body ratio for presenting an immersive viewing experience.
2. HP Spectre X2 12-a009nr:
Belonging from the HP Spectre series, this slim Laptop is devoid of fan in its structure. The thinnest profile complements its brilliant design. It’s chic, and durable structure is being powered to boost its overall productivity. Since its operation does not require a fan, there will be no background noises while operating. Its powerful, built, and beautiful design makes your investment valuable. The fast processors, long-lasting battery, and high res displays make it a high-end device.
Based on your requirement, you can use full PC power on a high-performance keyboard. Alternatively, you can travel freely with the exceptional versatility of a full HD tablet in an ingenious device. The inclusion of HP USB-C to USB 3.0 adapter allows it to connect your standard USB accessories.
- The included Intel Core M5-6Y54 dual-core processor works at 1.1 GHz, and its speed can reach up to 2.7 GHz.
- Inside its configuration, the RAM and graphics are respectively 4 GB LPDDR3 SDRAM and Intel HD Graphics 515. Moreover, this HP Spectre laptop comes with 128 GB M.2 Solid-State Drive (SSD).
- The display included is a 12-inch diagonal WUXGA+ IPS WLED-backlit type touch screen with a resolution of 1920×1280.
- You can get rid of plugging into an electric outlet because it comes with up to 10 hours of battery life and LTE potential.
1. ASUS NovaGo TP370QL-4G64G laptop:
The exceptional fanless design is the crucial beneficial aspect of this version of the Asus NovaGo laptop. The NovaGo TP370 streamlines the process of connecting wirelessly. Since it incorporates Nano SIM support, the seamless connectivity is guaranteed at the output. The users just need to insert a SIM card from a carrier of their preference and then activate a local data plan directly from the carrier. Being recognized as one of the world’s first Windows on Snapdragon laptops, this device delineates genuinely connected mobility.
Because Snapdragon is powering it, it can work as an always connected to deliver the mobile-like computing experience. With the use of this Laptop, you will relish benefits like all-day battery life, enhanced LTE connectivity, up-to-date, and always-connected Windows 10 experience.
- Users can flawlessly navigate anything on the screen, which boasts a 13.3-inch touch screen.
- This 2-in-1 Windows 10 laptop packs in Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor working at 2.6GHz.
- The included RAM and storage are respectively 4GB and 64GB.
- The battery life of 22 hours makes sure the Laptop delivers performance for an entire day. This battery life is twice that of current laptops.
To deliver noise-free operation and eliminate interruptions while working, the discussed Laptop boasts fanless design. They are feature-rich, meeting all the fundamental necessities of the customers without compromising on user experience. You will enjoy the quiet operation for professional tasks, and zero interruptions of fans are relished for video viewing or game playing.
Here is our existing old list of the best fanless laptops. See below:
1. Microsoft Surface Pro 2017 Edition with Core i5, 8GB DDR4 RAM & 256 GB SSD
Microsoft Surface Pro is the most versatile Laptop. We’re thrilled about its advancements over previous generations. It’s lighter and thinner than all the previous Surface Pros. It features an extended battery life of 13.5 hours. It’s a 50% improvement over the Surface Pro 4 & 68% more than the Surface Pro 3. You should prefer the 7th Generation (Kaby Lake) Processor or the 8th Gen Coffe Lake. The device comes with a laptop-grade processor rather than the Core-M’s that you will see on this list. Performance-wise, the Surface Pro is 2.5 times faster than Surface Pro 3. The main product highlight, however, is passive cooling. This model with i5 doesn’t have a fan (unlike the Surface Pro 3 & Pro 4), and the Core i7 model comes with advanced hybrid cooling. The newly redesigned front-facing speakers is a big plus. The next-generation hinge makes writing easier than its predecessors. It folds all the way down to 15 degrees in “Studio Mode” so you can use the Surface Pen or the Dial most easily.
In the box, you will get the Surface Pro, a Power Supply Unit, Quick-Start Guide, and some Safety instructions, along with warranty documents. The absence of cooling vents makes it a better design. Surface Pro is now more of a tablet than a laptop. We are glad that Microsoft accomplished to make it passively cooled. The Surface Pen offers lower latency than before. It doubles the previous generation’s pen sensitivity, where the latency decreases from 45 ms to just 21 ms. With the lesser latency time, you get a more natural process of drawing. Originators who work with a pen will welcome this development.
The Surface kickstand is updated as well. You can instantly push it almost all the way back. Surface Pro can be applied at a 10-degree angle, which is more of a bonus. Microsoft added support for the Surface Dial. The Surface Dial is an impressive device, and we are glad that Microsoft extended support for the Dial over the entire Surface lineup.
There is also a version with an embedded LTE modem from Qualcomm. It supports both a sim-slot, as well as support for E-SIM. Check out the Youtube video below, courtesy of Microsoft.
2. Asus 13.3-inch Full-HD Touchscreen (UX360CA-AH51T)
Incredibly fast computer. Pretty easy to learn and set up. With a slightly higher TDP of 7 Watts, this CPU can scale to 3.20 GHz in single-threaded turbo mode. However, it still uses the old DDR3 memory @ LPDDR3-1866. The Intel HD 615 GPU does a decent job of playing basic games, and that’s about it. The main highlight of the PC is passively cooled, making it one of the best fanless laptops available on the market. The 512 GB NVMe storage is also generous, considering its price point. Here are the main device highlights below:
- 13.3″ Wide-view FHD (1080p) Touch Panel with Microsoft Windows 10 pre-installed
- Kaby Lake 7th generation Intel Core i5-7Y54 1.2 GHz (Base) Processor (Turbo: 3.2 GHz).
- Product Dimensions of 12.7 x 8.8 x 0.7 and 0.8 inch thick (WxDxH)
- 3-cell Fast charging battery
- Fast NVMe 512GB SSD along with 8GB DDR3L RAM
- Comprehensive connectivity with HDMI-D-SUB & USB Type C, 802.11a-c WiFi, & SD Card Reader
- Sleek & lightweight design weighing 4.0 lbs aluminum body for easy portability
3. Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro (2016) QHD @ 3200×1800 display
It is a great 2-in-1 convertible laptop with a clear FHD screen. Plus, it is easy to use and carry due to its lightweight. It’s a magnificent tool for salespeople or whoever needs to take a laptop and do a presentation on a daily basis. The only thing we are perplexed is that it can become slower when you multitask heavily. Other than that, we haven’t crashed into any predicaments or technological issues.
- Windows 10 64-bit Home Edition
- Intel Core-M 5Y71 Broadwell Processor (2.90 GHz @ Turbo & 1.20 GHz Base, with 4MB Cache)
- 13.3″ (3200×1800) QHD LED Glossy-Multi-touch with an integrated camera; Intel HD 5300 Graphics
- 8 GB DDR3L SDRAM @ 1600 MHz with 512GB Solid State Drive
- BackLite ‘AccuType’ Keyboard; Bluetooth 4.0; 720P HD Webcam; Dual-Band WiFi
3. ASUS VivoBook ‘E403SA-US21’ 14″ 1080p Laptop
This Laptop comes with a 64-Bit Windows 10 Home Edition. The RAM is soldered, and you will not be able to increase the RAM or HDD. However, you can expand via MicroSD Card with a built-in card slot. You can use a quick UHS-3 MicroSD card for good performance. The Laptop has a 32GB drive which had 17.9 GB of free space after Windows was pre-installed. It is more than adequate for just plain docs, etc. You can use the SD card for storing media files to keep the Laptop speedy.
The battery of this unit lasts around 10 to 11 hours. Do note that the battery life fluctuates by configuration, operating circumstances, and other constituents. The highest battery capacity decreases with charging cycles, time, and usage.
- 14-Inch Full HD 1080P Display, Windows 10 ‘Signature Edition’ Pre-Installed
- Intel Quad-Core N3700 @ 1.6 GHz, Turbo to @ 2.4 GHz
- Ultra-thin & light design: 0.7 Inch thin & 3.3 lbs. All day battery rated @ 57 Whrs
- 128 GB of eMMC Flash & 4GB RAM for fast boot time for good application performance
- Wi-Fi 802. 11-AC. Bluetooth 4.0. 1x USB 2.0 & 1x USB 3.0, plus, 1x USB3.1 Type C, 1 x HDMI.
4. Acer Spin 7 (SP714-51-M4YD) 256GB SSD, 14″ Full HD Touch
It is an extremely portable and usable ultrabook. I came to this machine from a Microsoft Surface Pro 3, which we loved, but which was limited in SSD space. The SP4 to be a bit expensive in comparison so that you can go with this instead.
Incredibly light, with a good aluminum build quality. This model is suitable for people that want a tablet occasionally but need a laptop most of the time. Surprisingly we got excellent performance on compute-intensive tasks, as long as you’re not demanding continued performance. The low power Core-i7 can have low expectations, but we were pleasingly surprised. It is not the machine for gaming, but for everything else, it is plenty fast. It comes with a reasonable, but not astronomical battery life. It comes with an impressive display and very little bloatware. The keyboard is just right and has a nice touchpad. From some of the teardown shots we have seen, it appears that this unit is easily repairable, should the need arise. It includes USB-C dongle adapters, which seem to be a nice touch. We like the fanless, passively cooled design. In our tests, it ran stable with no driver or technical difficulties.
- 7th Gen Intel-Core i7-7Y75 Processor Up to 3.6GHz in Turbo
- 14″ Full HD 1920 x 1080 Multi-touch IPS Panel with Gorilla Glass 4
- 8GB of LPDDR3 memory and 256GB SSD
- Windows 10 Home Edition
- Up to 8-hours of Battery Life
5. Dell XPS 9365 2-in-1 13.3″ 1080p Display
Just like the others on the list, the Dell XPS laptop comes with a high-performance Intel Core i7-7Y75 processor. The rated TDP is 7 watts, which is slightly higher than the Core-M parts. Check out its specifications below:
- 13.3″ LED display; 1920 x 1080 Touch Display
- Intel i7-7Y75 Processor 1.3Ghz (4M Cache, 3.60GHz Turbo Speed)
- 16gb DDR4 RAM; 512GB SSD
- Intel HD Integrated Graphics
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home
6. HP EliteBook Folio W0S06UT G1 12.5″ Notebook
This 12.5-Inch HP EliteBook Folio G1 model highlights a sleek and elegant silver design. With its ultra-thin & light aluminum unibody frame, it comes with a crisp and vibrant 1920x1080p Full-HD anti-glare non-touch IPS display. We felt that the Laptop has an excellent keyboard and trackpad. It also comes with excellent connectivity, including two versatile USB Type-C Thunderbolt ports, 8GB of system memory, and a 256GB solid-state drive. With business-ready encryption, as well as the biometric protection provided by an infra-red facial recognition camera.
Also, it has been ruggedized according to military specs With the capability of enduring a four-foot drop and absorb significant shock and vibration, and extremes of temperature and altitude. The Laptop is powered by a sixth-generation 1.1GHz Intel Core-m5-6Y54 ultra-low-voltage processor. It delivers excellent performance and energy efficiency, and low power consumption, long battery life, and runtime.
It makes little heat generation, and a fanless makes it a virtually silent system. It is an ideal laptop for anyone who needs a very portable, capable, and versatile device. The 12.5-Inch HP EliteBook Folio G1 model is an excellent mobile workstation, and we give it a five-star rating, along with our highest recommendation.
What makes this Laptop different and better than every other one I’ve researched on the market is the following
- 2x USB-c thunderbolts 3x ports (Most Models come with USB-c but no Thunderbolt 3, forget 2 of them)
- Cognitive facial recognition cameras with Windows Hello support
- Easy, removable cover so components can be repaired
- Availability of a nvme SSD storage option.
- All substantial with state-no moving parts or thermal fans
- Small & lightweight build
- The moderately long battery life of >7 hrs, depending on workloads.
7. Huawei 13″ Laptop MateBook X’ Signature Edition’
The Huawei Matebook X comes with a Intel Core-i7-7500U processor @ 2.7GHz & 8GB @ 1866 MHz. Storage options include up to 512GB of NVMe based storage. With just 12.5mm in thickness and weighing 2.31 lbs, the Mate Book X is a fully functioning Windows 10 PC.
With 2K display @ 2160×1440 pixels and Corning Gorilla Glass protection, the 4.4mm narrow bezel with 88% screen to body ratio is one of the best of any laptop computer. The absence of a fan makes it virtually soundless, and just like the MacBook, this Laptop does not get heated up either. Overall an excellent buy if you have a thousand bucks to spare.
8. Samsung Galaxy Book 10.6″ (4 GB RAM / 128 GM ROM)
The Samsung Galaxy Book comes in a compact 10.6″ form factor and provides you an S-Pen in the box. You get various storage options (64, 128, 256 GB) to choose from, but we recommend the 256 GB version since you are using Windows 10. Just like Apple, Samsung also maintains a secure ecosystem across its devices. Using Samsung Flow, you can seamlessly connect to your Galaxy smartphone with the click of a button. Samsung claims a battery life of 11 hours, and real-world tests give you around 8, which is not a bad number either.
What we don’t like is the thick bezels, which somehow looks dates these days, especially when devices like the Huawei Matebook is around. However, the utterly fanless design ensures that the Laptop runs quietly, and you can safely carry it around.
We see great potential with fanless laptops. Most of the users will not use the extra performance available on high-end devices. For them, these laptops should fit in well. We hope you like our article on the best fanless laptops available on the market. Questions or suggestions are welcome in the comment section below.