What is Microsoft Project Online
Microsoft Project Online is a Cloud based Software as a Service (SaaS) offering based on the popular Microsoft Project Server which is available as an On-Premises product.
Here are the benefits:
- Employees who wants to work together from virtually anywhere
- Flexibility to manage Projects without up-front infrastructure costs
- Simplified subscription based Licensing vs. expensive on-premises implementation which requires additional licensing costs like SharePoint Enterprise, SQL Server and Windows Server.
- It provides more visibility and control over what people are working on. Using Project Online connector in Power BI, one can track project from their smartphones using the Power BI apps.
- Delivers full Project Portfolio Management (PPM) in the cloud
- Connect Online to on-premise Line Of Business Apps
- Achieve on-premise to Online migration
Read my post on Project Online Reporting
For team members, project participants, business decision makers
Project Pro for Office 365
For project managers, resource managers
Project Online with Project Pro for Office 365
For project managers, resource managers, PMO, business decision makers
In order to Get started with Project Online, follow these 4 easy steps
- Sign up for Office 365
- Get Started with Project Pro for Office 365
- Get Started with Project Web App
- Explore more features of Project Online
Visit the Microsoft Site to know more.