In this article, we explain how to remove or disable Mi Browser on Redmi Phones running MIUI 10 or early builds.
It is vital to receive the essential notifications in the in-built Mi browser, but the unnecessary notifications in bulk will ultimately degrade the user experience. Now it is possible to disable annoying notifications from the Browser app on Xiaomi phones operating on Android 9 or 8. Just turning off the push notifications may not guarantee a completely hassle-free experience. This is because there are several effective methods that you need to follow to accomplish the same. It is true that the browser is pre-installed and could not be uninstalled without rooting your device; however, the same is not a recommended approach. At times, it happens that the Xiaomi Browser app sent you multiple notifications which are not essential.
The Mi Browser is a better alternative if Chrome browser does not suit you. It is significant to note that the Mi Browser comes with several drawbacks. For those who suffer from the annoying experience of swiping away the unnecessary notifications from the Mi Browser, the methods discussed below will assist a lot. Contrasting to the news feed, disabling notifications in Mi Browser is a straightforward process. Take a look at the below sections to disable notifications in Mi browser in Redmi phones easily:
Method-1: Turning off notifications for Mi browser:
It is possible to get rid of the push notifications from any app and not just from browser from Xiaomi. Follow the three simple steps discussed below to turn off notifications:
- Drag down the notification shade.
- Press and hold down your finger on the notification.
iii. Turn off notifications for MI browser.
Method-2: Turning off notifications from Apps Setting:
If Xiaomi phone users already come about to dismiss notifications by MI Browser, you could wait till the next one and implement method-1 discussed above. Alternatively, you can disable push notifications instantly by the below steps:
- Navigate to Settings.
- In Settings, scroll down to the Apps Settings section and then click on Installed apps.
iii. You have to click on the search field shown at the top part and search for Browser (make sure not to search MI Browser)
- Choose the Xiaomi Browser app within the results.
- Now choose Notifications, and now you have to toggle them off globally, or you can configure it in the desired way.
Method-3: Turning off notifications from Mi Browser Settings:
The easy steps discussed below will assist you in turning off notifications from Mi Browser Settings:
- Firstly, launch Mi Browser and then click on the three-bar menu. From there, choose Settings.
- Click on Notifications and then toggle off the notifications shown on the following screen.
Method-4: Turning off notifications from System Settings:
You can use the System settings to turn off notifications, and this is an alternate approach to disable notifications. Follow the below steps for the same:
- From your Xiaomi phone, open Settings and go to Installed apps.
- Inside Installed apps, search for the Browser app and click on it.
iii. Now you have to tap on Notifications and toggle off for Show notifications.
The irritating notifications shown in your Mi browser in Redmi smartphones will now be dismissed. All the above four methods incorporate simple steps to accomplish this purpose. Hence, the overall browser experience will be user-friendly and neat.
More Reading on Related content:
- Mi Router 4 vs 4c vs 3c
- Mi TV 4 Pro vs 4x Pro 55 Inch 4K Smart TV
- Xiaomi WiFi Router 3 vs 4(c) Feature