The popularity of the internet has escalated to a level that now, more and more homes and remote offices are being equipped with an active Internet connection. A modern router promises to offer a reliable internet connection without much compromise in the speed. Also, the browsing and downloading speeds conveyed by routers are far better than other connected devices. South East Asia’s favorite brand Xiaomi presents routers to its customers so that anyone can avail Internet access for personal or professional use. Out of the many devices manufactured by Xiaomi, they excel outstandingly when it comes to the router. The three prominent router models from this favorite brand are Mi Router 4 vs 4c vs 3c. Let’s take a look at the details of all 3 of them, the difference between them and their comparison:
Mi Router 4:
The WiFi dual-band wireless router 4 from Xiaomi is equipped with the cutting-edge 802.11ac WiFi technology. This technology guarantees a reliable Internet connection for browsing, downloading, streaming, etc. This wireless technology offers Internet speed, which is three times faster than wireless N speeds. Besides, it conveys a collective wireless data transfer rate maximum up to 1167Mbps.
The reason why it is termed dual-band router is it offers 867Mbps wireless speeds over the 5GHz band, and it offers 300Mbps over the 2.4GHz band. This benefit makes this router4 an exceptional choice for flawless HD streaming, playing online games, and other Internet-accessible tasks. Also, the prime specialty of this Xiaomi router is its four powerful high-gain external antennas. These antennas are dedicated to offering broad coverage and decent performance when plenty of devices are connected. This aspect makes it perfect for a huge home.
Taking a look at the physical structure of this router, at the front of the package, the original Mi branded look is conveyed. When you look at the back, you will see key features are printed and also the MiNET technology is highlighted. At the top side, you will see the Xiaomi logo and a push type physical button. Finally, the bottom side is furnished with a grill especially made for enhancing the cooling performance. It is known that the holes available at the back of this router boost the heat dissipation efficiency considerably. This aspect indirectly suggests continued operation without any interruption. The credit of efficient heat dissipation goes to the two essential elements. They are the large area of aluminum-magnesium alloy heat sinks and high thermal-conductivity type heat-conducting plastic; this plastic material would boost the heat dissipation.
Generally, it is found that the 2.4G of this router is convenient for long distance wireless transmission even with multiple obstacles on the way. Through the reduced interface, the 5G band of this router works speedier than other routers.
- Inside the configuration of the Mi Router 4, an MT7621A MIPS processor, 128MB DDR3 RAM, and 128MB SLC Nand Flash ROM are included. The mentioned RAM is dedicated to making the connection reliable and stable.
- The wireless signal transmission is facilitated through the four external omnidirectional high-gain antennas. With the help of these antennas, the router attains a decent internal layout which successfully boosts the signal gain effect and also enhances the transmission performance.
- The WAN and the LAN ports present on the surface are equipped with the indicator lights at the base. These indicator lights denote the network connection status.
- Many utility functions are conveyed through its Xiaomi router App. This app contains some tasks like device management, smart speed limit and set to fulfill different requirements.
- The network settings can be easily managed through the Xiaomi MiWiFi APP.
- The availability of the MINET key assists in supporting the MIOT fast WiFi connection protocol. Any new smart devices are now no longer needed when they are initially connected to the network. By a simple press of the MiNET button, the network setting operation within the APP enables the smart device to make a connection with the router instantly.
- It supports the connection of approximately 128 devices simultaneously.
Mi Router 4C:
Primarily Xiaomi launched the Mi Router 4, especially for fiber optics, and the Mi Router 4Q with OpenWRT. Following the agreement with Jinshan Cloud to provide navigation improvement, Xiaomi launched Mi Router 4C. This new router proves to be an alternative with a cutthroat and reasonable price. Recognized as the third product of the series, especially in terms of design, this router maintains the standard of its predecessors. With the use of this router device, users could anticipate all the benefits conveyed by Xiaomi products, comprising of the compatibility with the Mi Home application. This version of Mi router provides 4 omnidirectional antennas accomplished of transmitting signals in various directions. Enhanced network functions are perceived through its WAN port and two LAN ports 100M. The advanced new navigation improvements are offered through its agreement with Jinshan Cloud. Its overall look possesses a brief appearance for diverse home style integration.
- The Mi Router 4C comes with a built-in 64 MB DDR2 RAMand an MT7628DA processor. It is known that this router device is competent in keeping 64 devices connected simultaneously. These many devices would stay connected even while you use WiFi and Ethernet connection.
- The integration of AI can uniquely control the security of the network.
- By its OpenWRT operating system, this 4C router is capable of recognizing the synchronization with newly added users who are not a part of the network. If in case the network is hacked, a notification will instantly inform you, and such users can be included in the blacklist.
- Implementation of the WiFi Optimizer function allows the four antennas of 5 DB gain to escalate its speed.
- To convey speedier performance, it comes with the intelligent speed limit function.
- Network security is guaranteed through the intelligent network watching function.
Mi Router 3C:
It is the 4 high-performance antennas that allow the Mi Router 3C to employ secure wireless connection in the surrounding. Supporting up to 300Mbps with 802.11n, there will be zero concerns of the Wi-Fi dead zones and weak links. There will be a noticeable improvement in the operating range and signal power through its four antennas. Every user connected on the network would be benefitted with the low-latency online gaming, flawless video streaming, and fast web browsing.
It is entirely safe to update this router device through the dual ROM partition system. This level of safety during the process of updating the firmware is rarely found in other routers. The mentioned dual partition system is exclusively configured on the high-speed 16MB flash storage. Consequently, the Mi Router 3C obtains the recent firmware updates on a timely basis. This is irrespective of the occurrence of a power outage.
Any third party applications and the connected devices utilize valuable router RAM. The same is the reason responsible behind why the Mi Router 3C is equipped with 64MB of RAM. This storage capacity is eight times higher than typical routers. In addition to an active wireless connection, the Mi router 3C also guarantees excellent security. If you wish to blacklist undesired internet activity or want to fix the time limits on the child, all these will be possible. Any internet browsing or downloading can be accomplished directly from your phone.
- The 4 antennas contained in the configuration are capable of providing superior wireless connectivity within the range of 80 meters in open space. Out of the 4 antennas, the 2 antennas function as receiver whereas the other 2 antennas perform as a transmitter. Therefore, the router 3C guarantees reduced interference and better speed.
- Its 64MB of RAM capacity allows the user to connect maximum 64 devices, with 24 stable connections.
- In most cases, the device is found compatible with input type RJ-45 (Ethernet cable) that is being supported by ISP’s throughout India like ACT Fibernet, Hathway, Airtel Fibernet, Exitel, Tikona, SITI, YOU Broadband, GTPL, etc.
- The router device could be utilized in repeater mode with ADSL connections. These connections would support Input Type RJ-11 like BSNL, Airtel Broadband, etc.
- The built-in Mi Wi-Fi app lets you exert complete command of your network whenever and wherever you need. Using this app, it is easy to view and manage settings remotely.
- Through the parental controls, you can easily filter out undesired content. So, you can employ complete control of what your children see. Furthermore, it can prioritize application bandwidth via the Quality of Service (QoS); consequently, you can relish rapid network speeds through the Wi-Fi boost.
Difference between Mi router 4, 4C and 3C:
Taking a look at the difference between router 4 and 4C, they differ significantly in terms of the storage. The Mi router 4C is equipped with 64MB of built-in memory whereas the Mi router 4 is fitted with the 128MB of DDR3 RAM and NAND flash storage. This directly suggests that the router4 can be used when there is a need for higher storage. Besides, the router 4 possesses built-in Xiaomi Mi-WiFi App allowing the user to manipulate network settings on their mobile phones. Such benefits are not found in the router 4C.
Discussing the difference between router 4 and 3C, the facility of a smart parental control is available in router 3C, but the same is not available in router 4. On the other hand, router 4 allows 128 devices to connect simultaneously, whereas the router 3C supports the connection of 64 devices simultaneously. Also, router 4C is more reasonably priced than router 4 and 3C.
The difference between router 4C and 3C is also essential to consider. The router 4C allows the signal transmission in many different directions, but such signal transmission diversity is not found in 3C. On the other hand, the superior browsing experience is found in 3C and not in 4C. Also, you cannot control undesired internet access through 4C, but you can do that by using the Mi router 3C.
Comparison of Xiaomi Mi Router 4 and 4C and 3C:
|Mi Router 4||Mi Router 4C||Mi Router 3C|
|Interface||DC Port, LAN, WAN||WAN port and two LAN ports 100M||2 LAN port and an RJ45 WAN port|
|Router Connectivity Type||Ethernet, Wireless||Ethernet, Wireless|
|Ethernet, Wireless, RJ-45|
|Network Protocols||IEEE 802.11a,IEEE 802.11ac,IEEE 802.11b,IEEE 802.11g,IEEE 802.11n,IEEE 802.3,IEEE 802.3U||IEEE 802.11a,IEEE 802.11b,IEEE 802.11g||IEEE 802.11b/g/n, IEEE 802.3/3u|
|Wireless security||WPA-PSK||WPA-PSK,WPA2-PSK||WPA-PSK / WPA2-PSK encryption, wireless access control (blacklist), SSID hiding|
|WiFi Distance||10 meters|
|10 meters||80 meters|
|WiFi Network Frequency||2.4GHz, 5GHz||2.4GHz||2.4GHz, 5GHz|
|Max. LAN Data Rate||1000Mbps||300Mbps|
|Device weight||0.5500 kg||0.4400 kg||0.241 kg|
|Quantity of Antenna||4||4||4|
|Heat Dissipating System||high thermal-conductivity type heat-conducting plastic and aluminum-magnesium alloy heat sinks and||Natural heat dissipation||Fanless architecture|
|RAM||128MB DDR3 RAM||64 MB DDR2 RAM||64 MB DDR2 RAM|
|ROM||128MB SLC Nand Flash ROM||16MB NorFlash|
|Processor||MT7621A MIPS processor||MT7628DA processor||MediaTek MT7628N processor|
|Package list||1 x Xiaomi Mi Wireless Router, 1 x Power Adapter, 1 x Chinese User Manual||1 x Router, 1 x Power Adapter, 1 x Chinese Manual||1xMiWiFiRouter3, 1xPowersupply, 1x Manual|
The discussed Xiaomi Mi Router 4, 4C and 3C can be placed next to the Mi/Redmi smartphones and Mi television units. The Xiaomi Mi Router 4 proves to be an excellent choice for the intelligent era with high throughput and storage capacity. The Xiaomi Mi Router 4C is famous for its reliable connectivity, affordable pricing, and unique network settings manipulation. Third router device in the present discussion, i.e., Xiaomi Mi Router 3C allows the user to experience blazing fast wireless speeds, smooth online game playing, and perfect browsing experiences.