This article is regarding D-Link AC1200 Wi-Fi Router Setup process with reset instructions. If this is something you are looking for, read along to know more.
The D-Link AC1200 Wi-Fi router employs an effective wireless networking solution specially designed to suit the Small Office/Home Office (SOHO) environments. The corresponding working operation combines the high-speed 802.11ac Wave 2 Wi-Fi specification with the dual-band technology as well as fast (Gigabit) Ethernet ports. Consequently, the DIR-1210 is dedicated to providing a flawless networking experience with outstanding convenience on a budget.
The key benefit is excellent flexibility for SOHOs. The below section highlights the setup and reset procedures for the DIR-825, DIR-850L, and DIR-842 routers:
D-Link AC1200 Wi-Fi Router Setup – The DIR-825 router:
Follow the below steps to accomplish the setup process for the DIR-825 router:
- Step-1: Open a web browser to access the setup wizard and then follow the step-by-step instructions.
- Step-2: In the next step, you have to configure, apply, and set up the WPA/WPA2 wireless security in a matter of a few minutes with the wireless network setup wizard. Alternatively, you can use the Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) that creates a secure connection to the new devices. With this approach, there is no need to go through the settings or create passwords.
Reset process for DIR-825 router:
Step-1: After you have decided to reset your DIR-825 router, the following step is to find the reset button available on the exterior part of the device.
Step-2: Now you need to take an unwound paperclip or identical object and then press down on the reset button for approximately 10 seconds to start the reset process. It is generally found that few routers will only reboot if you do not press and hold the reset button down for a long time. So, you need to be careful while attempting to log in using the defaults.
Step-3: Once you have reset the D-Link DIR-825 router, you have to log into it. The same is done by the use of the factory default username and password. In case the defaults do not work for you, the problem can be that the reset button was not pressed for a long time.
D-Link AC1200 Wi-Fi Router Setup for the DIR-850L router:
The DIR-850L can be set up in no time by the use of the QRS (Quick Router Setup) mobile app. This app can be installed on your Android or iOS device. The first step is to install this app.
Now plug in the router, launch the app, and carefully follow the simple steps to let your home network connected without using your computer. Moreover, you can quickly set up a secure network via the touch of a button with the use of Wi-Fi Protected setup.
Setup process using the mydlink Zero Configuration:
In case you own additional mydlink cloud products, it is possible to make the most of the mydlink Zero Configuration. Initially, you need to connect your mydlink-enabled device to the DIR-850L router. Consequently, the router would automatically link to your mydlink account. So, it will allow the new users to complete the setup and utilize their new device immediately.
Reset process for DIR-850L router:
- Step-1: With the DIR-850L unit on, you need to use the end of a paperclip in order to press the reset button. This button is positioned in a tiny hole on the bottom of the unit.
- Step-2: With the help of the paperclip, you have to press and hold the reset button for approximately more than ten seconds. Consequently, the power light available on the front part of the router will show orange color to depict that the router unit is restarting.
- Step-3: Now, this router unit will reboot automatically. After the Internet light would stop blinking, the unit would inevitably reset and is readily available for use.
Things to take care of while resetting DIR-850L router:
Resetting this router does not reset the firmware to a prior version. However, it would alter all settings back to the factory defaults. It is essential to take care that you should not hold the reset button for more than 10 seconds. Otherwise, it could let the router enter a recovery mode. In case, this router comes into this mode; you have to unplug the power from this router for 30 seconds.
D-Link AC1200 Wi-Fi Router Setup – DIR-842 router:
- Step-1: As the first step, you need to open up your web browser and then enter the below link in the address bar: http://dlinkrouter.local./in. Alternatively, you may enter the below IP address of the router, i.e., default: http://192.168.0.1
- Step-2: The shown up wizard is specially designed to let you complete the step-by-step process to configure this router device and then connect to the Internet.
- Step-3: In this step, click ‘Next’ to continue.
- Step-4: Now you need to wait while your router would detect your Internet connection type. Once the internet connection gets detected, you have to enter your ISP information like your username and password.
Reset process for DIR-842 router:
To reset the D-Link DIR-842 router to its default settings, follow the below steps:
- Step-1: First of all, turn on the router
- Step-2: Now press the WPS/Reset button for approximately 8 seconds
- Step-3: In this step, the process of the restart will be automatically executed, and finally, the restoration of standard settings will get finished.
Steps for the software reset-
With the assistance of the installed software, you can restore the factory settings in the D-Link DIR-842. Follow the below steps:
- Step-1: First of all, log in to the user interface of this router using your access data and then you need to follow the steps mentioned in the user handbook.
- Step-2: Once all the mentioned steps get executed successfully, you will see that the configuration of the router would get reset to factory settings. In case you wish to log in to the user interface, then you need to use the preset login data.
We hope that the steps for D-Link AC1200 Wi-Fi Router and reset instructions were helpful. Your suggestions are welcome in the comments section down below. Thanks for your visit!
More on Networking:
- Setup 4g LTE on ASUS RT-AX88U AX6000
- Mi Router 4 vs. 4c vs. 3c – What’s the difference
- Best Home Firewall VPN Routers
- NETGEAR Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream AX6000 vs. TP-Link Archer AX6000
- Best WiFi 6 Routers (802.11ax)
- Best WiFi 6 Network Cards
- Configure Netgear Nighthawk m1 4G WiFi Router
- Setup Wavlink AC600
- D-Link Official