If you are looking for help to configure Netgear Nighthawk m1, we got you covered. The world today has centered around the Internet. Perhaps, we cannot imagine a day without the need for Internet services. The technology has gone through a great pace at such an exponential rate than what we use today was just unimaginable only a few years ago. With the advent of the 4G internet on mobile networks, the high-speed internet is now on your fingertips. However, how about the devices that cannot accept a SIM card and need to rely on WiFi connectivity? This is precisely where a device like Netgear Nighthawk M1 comes to help you out.
What is Netgear Nighthawk M1?
Well, the world has moved to the mobile internet. Gone are the days you relied upon a broadband connection and kept working with it on your desktop or laptop. Working with the internet has now ceased to be akin to working on a table at a predefined space.
Netgear Nighthawk M1 is a mobile router that should assist you in getting a reliable 5 GHz network performance on your laptop or any connected device from anywhere across the room that you are working in. The mobile router from Netgear is designed to work with Telstra 4G network and should provide you access to the best performance. The router can theoretically provide you speeds up to 1 Gbps.
The device can connect with around 20 devices at a time and offers you seamless internet connectivity on the go. The dual-band functionality of the router provides you access to both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz connectivity options.
The specifications offered by the device will include
- Up to 1 Gbps download speeds & 150 Mbps upload speeds
- Access to LTE CAT 16, 4-band CA and 4×4 MIMO connectivity.
- Up to 4X Carrier Aggregation and LLA
- LTE/4G 1/2/3/4/5/7/12/29/30/66
- 3G 2/4/5
- IPV6 Support
- Easy to set up and configure
- Great speeds.
- A massive battery life.
- Connectivity with 20 devices simultaneously.
- A bit larger and may not suit for traveling needs.
How to set up and configure Netgear Nighthawk M1?
Installing or setting up your Netgear Nighthawk M1 mobile router should be rather easy and straightforward. It is quite akin to beginning to use your smartphone a SIM card. Follow the steps here carefully.
- Ensure that you have turned the power off on your mobile router.
- Remove the cover at the bottom side of the Nighthawk M1.
- Press your fingers on the arrows and press down to open the cover.
- Remove the battery beneath.
- This should give you access to the SIM card slot just below the battery.
- Get your micro SIM card and insert it inside the card slot.
- Insert the battery back into the router. Make sure that the battery contacts are aligned correctly.
- You can even insert your microSD card if you have purchased one.
- Replace the back cover of your Nighthawk mobile router.
That completes installing the SIM card and completing the initial steps.
Next step will involve configuring your connection and beginning to use it for accessing the internet services.
- Install the Netgear Mobile app on your smartphone.
- Connect with your Nighthawk router using the default credentials and check the connectivity options.
- Next, change the Nighthawk router name and password and save your settings.
- You should also be able to use it for play and share your media
- This should also let you use it for travel router feature
You can download the Netgear mobile app using the link netgear.com/mobileapps
- Turn on the mobile router. You need to press and hold the power button for a few seconds.
- Ensure that you have enabled the WiFi functionality on your laptop, desktop, or any device you want to connect your mobile router to.
- Search for the WiFi networks and choose the network name corresponding to your mobile router.
- Enter the password.
That does it. You have successfully connected and configured your Netgear Nighthawk mobile router. You can either use the router as a WiFi hotspot or even opt for wired connectivity through the right kind of connectivity options.
In fact, the multiple connectivity options available on your new mobile router should be helpful enough in arriving at the best possible internet connectivity. The Nighthawk M1 mobile router from Netgear should be an excellent option for an enhanced connectivity functionality with its USB Type A, USB Type C, and Ethernet connectivity options.
How to access the Administrative Settings on your Nighthawk Mobile router?
You may, sometimes, need to have access to the administrative settings on your Netgear Nighthawk M1 mobile router. Accessing these settings should be rather quite easy and straightforward enough.
Follow the steps here below –
- Make sure you are connected to the internet through the Nighthawk mobile router.
- Launch any of your favorite web browser to access the internet.
- Enter the address http://m.home or http://192.168.1.1 on your web browser.
- This should take you to the settings page for the Nighthawk M1 mobile router.
- The default user name and password for the account are Enter these credentials or enter the changed password and username if you have changed them.
Are any other settings available for the Mobile router?
The Netgear Nighthawk M1 mobile router comes with a few exceptional features in addition to serving you offer the connectivity options to access the internet on a wide range of devices, u=you should also be able to use it for other functions as well.
The router can be used to charge your other devices with ease. You just need to connect them to the USB Type A port on your Nighthawk M1 router. You should find the boost being received on your connected device.
Here are a few other things that should assist you in arriving at the best possible assistance.
Check out the following LED signals that would help make the best use of the Nighthawk M1 mobile router –
|Blue light blinking slowly||The Nighthawk M1 router is ready to connect|
|Faster Blue light blinking||The router is on and transferring data actively|
|Slower amber blinking||The router is not yet prepared or ready.|
If you are still confused about how to configure your connectivity options, the following video should be helpful enough in assisting in your task of completing the installation and setting up of your Netgear Nighthawk Mobile Router.
That was all we have concerning the Netgear Nighthawk M1 router. In fact, this is one of the best options for mobile internet needs that you may have. The installation and setting up your router should be quite easy and simple to work with. The instructions provided in this tutorial should help you arrive at the easy installation for your new Netgear Nighthawk M1 router.
You can be assured of excellent speed performance and significant features of the robust Telstra 4G network connectivity. Want to stay connected to a powerful network performance? Check out the Netgear Nighthawk M1 mobile router for your needs.
More on Networking
- Mi Router 4 vs 4c vs 3c – What’s the difference
- Best Home Firewall VPN Routers
- NETGEAR Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream AX6000 vs TP-Link Archer AX6000
- Best WiFi 6 Routers (802.11ax)
- Best WiFi 6 Network Cards