Check out the best 11×17 flatbed document scanners which are suitable for scanning books or large-sized legal documents.
The conversion of documents into digital format is inevitable for a variety of applications. For personal and business use, digital scanners have now become an integral part. It assists people to convert documents into digital format in a span flawlessly and subsequently shares it online across a broad audience throughout the world. The business operations are streamlined with the use of scanners, and they have entirely replaced the traditional fax machines.
Related: Best Duplex Scanner with ADF
Any business is incomplete without a document scanner because scanning documents are the crucial need for a business. Those individuals who are in the hunt for a decent quality scanner for their business operations, or personal use, the most excellent choice to consider are a flatbed scanner. In simple terms, it is an optical scanner equipped with a flat surface assisting you to keep the documents that need to be scanned.
To make sure your investment proves valuable, you need to consider a broad set of factors before making the purchase. While choosing a flatbed document scanners, the needs should be thoroughly assessed. It could be the quality of the scanned copy, paper formats, and size it can handle, scanning speed, OS compatibility, speed, price, and many more.
In the market, several flatbed scanners can accept multiple sheets at a time. They prove to be an outstanding choice for bound documents. It is best to invest in a flatbed document scanners if you want to convert old pictures, books, or legal records of different types into digital files. To completely clear the speculation around the best flatbed document scanners, continue reading below:
Best Flatbed Document Scanners
|Sr. No.||Image||Product Name||Manufacturer||Buy Now|
|1||Doxie Flip – Cordless Flatbed Scanner||Doxie|
|2||Xerox DocuMate 3220 Flatbed Scanner||Xerox||Buy from Amazon|
|3||Plustek A3 Flatbed Scanner||Plustek||Buy from Amazon|
|4||Epson Perfection V600 Flatbed Scanner||Epson||Buy from Amazon|
|5||HP ScanJet Pro 2500 f1 Flatbed Scanner||HP||Buy from Amazon|
|6||Canon CanoScan 9000F MKII Flatbed Scanner||Canon||Buy from Amazon|
|7||Expression 12000XL-PH Flatbed Scanner from Epson||Epson||Buy from Amazon|
7. Expression 12000XL-PH Flatbed Scanner from Epson:
For business professional and professional photographers, the 12000XL-PH flatbed scanner from Epson is an ideal choice. The device is capable of presenting professional large-format scanning. It can seamlessly accommodate reflective media sized up to 12.2″ x 17.2″, plus slides, negatives, and transparency strips. The reason behind why it is called a versatile flatbed scanner is it presents 2400 x 4800 dpi resolution. A 3.8 Dmax for outstanding image quality and implements Micro Step Drive technology. If there is a need for large-format scanning, then this Epson scanner is a suitable choice to consider. Now you will be able to scan multiple printed images simultaneously and save the files to your PC or Mac.
For professional photographers, this unit features a high-performance transparency unit for slide and negative batch scanning, which is extremely useful. The cheap quality document scanners may be inefficient or restore faded colored photos. However, this Epson Expression flatbed scanner comes with one-touch color restoration. The exclusive Easy Photo Fix technology from Epson effectively restores faded, dull color photos and negatives within less time. Furthermore, it presents in the facility of automatic dust removal and grain reduction useful for film scanning.
- The 12000XL-PH flatbed scanner presents enhanced color with the execution of the ColorTrue II imaging system. This system effectively combines superior image processing, Epson MatrixCCD technology, and a fast warm-up LED lamp for facilitating bold, vibrant scans.
- The built-in transparency unit is accomplished to scan up to 30 slides, 48 frames of 35mm negatives, 8 frames of 4″ x 5″ transparencies or 6 medium-format transparency strips with length up to 18 cm.
- It packs in the LaserSoft Imaging SilverFast Ai software.
- It is possible to load up two film holders simultaneously flawlessly.
6. Canon CanoScan 9000F MKII Flatbed Scanner:
It is difficult to find a flatbed scanner equipped with high-speed scanning and many other advanced functionalities. When you go for the CanoScan 9000F MKII scanner, you will avail the benefits mentioned above. Without compromising the scan quality, this Canon scanner unit is capable of scanning photos, documents and 35 mm film too. The output represents the professional film scanning quality suitable for professional use.
Through the assistance of 9600 x 9600 maximum color dpi1, this scanner unit generates implausible detail in business documents and photographs both. The users can make the most out of their records and photos with the use of My Image Garden2 software. This software presents a simple and intuitive approach to scan and organizes your files quickly.
The CanoScan 9000F Mark II showcases Super Toric Lens capable of delivering extremely sharp scans from edge-to-edge and vivid low-noise images. This lens needs zero warm-up time and employs lower power consumption due to the efficient white LEDs. The facility of scratch and dust exclusion is provided along with grain, fading, and backlight correction.
- In this Canon flatbed scanner, the FARE (Film Automatic Retouching and Enhancement) Level 3 retouching technology conveys automatic correction to films and photos. This technology excludes a significant amount of scratches and dust while simultaneously restoring their color.
- Based on what you are scanning, the Auto Scan Mode automatically attunes settings.
- It comes with 7 EZ Buttons to make the complete scanning process automatic. With the simple push of a button, you can effortlessly copy, scan, and prepare email attachments or PDF files.
- The built-in Gutter Shadow Correction eliminates the shadow usually perceived while scanning a page from a book. Consequently, a clean scan of the page is showcased, excluding the- dark gutter.
5. HP ScanJet Pro 2500 f1 Flatbed Scanner:
Now you can boost the productivity for routine scanning with the help of this compact-sized HP ScanJet Pro. With its appropriate use, you can effectively automate workflow. This is because it enables quick, two-sided scanning with 1500 pages duty cycle. With the assistance of one-button shortcuts, the entire working operation is simplified. It is a piece of cake to capture and edit text from your documents quickly.
It is generally observed that this f1 flatbed scanner is highly suitable for clear legal-size documents. Inside the unit, the sheet feeder functions very smoothly and reliably. Due to its multifunctional features, the unit can seamlessly scan receipts, insurance policies, investment statements, reports, and handwritten notes. Regardless of the application, this HP flatbed scanner is applicable for most of them.
The prominent features that make it simple to use are color scanning, custom profiles — an extensive range of accepted media sizes and types, superb scan speed, and ADF. By setting up a custom folder, the documents will be automatically going into the specific folder once you have saved the scan. Moreover, you will be able to scan, delete, and even rotate the documents before saving.
It comes with intuitive software loaded with tons of features. The enticing aspect of the software is the potential to alter the scans once scanning is done. The same is accomplished by changing brightness, contrast, colors, page order, and adding/removing pages.
All the output scans will come out in crystal-clear quality with a satisfying resolution. Through its single-pass duplex scanning, it has already surpassed many of its competitors. This functionality has elevated the scanning speed compared to the conventional method of utilizing a flatbed scanner to scan each page separately.
- The maximum scan speed achievable is up to 20 pages per minute, 40 images per minute, and 1,500 pages per day respectively with single-pass, two-sided scanning. In this way, the workflows will be automated.
- It comes with the ADF (Auto document feeder) capable of loading up to 50 pages for presenting fast scanning.
- The wide range of paper sizes supported is a letter, executive, legal, business cards, 8×12, 6×8, 4×6, 7×10. Moreover, it can handle paper sizes maximum of up to 122 inches.
- Names of the software features included are automatic crop, orient, exposure, page size detection plus blank page and hole removal; edge erase, background cleanup & removal, color drop out, straighten content, merge pages, and black & white enhance.
- The scanned documents can be directly sent to email, Dropbox, SharePoint, network, FTP, local drive, custom locations, and multiple destinations.
- The scan output can be converted into fully editable documents. These translated documents are compatible with Microsoft Office, Adobe PDF Reader, and many more file types.
- It comes with the TWAIN and WIA scan drivers.
- Before saving the scan, editing is possible with the help of included powerful editing tools.
4. Epson Perfection V600 Flatbed Scanner:
When it comes to the scanner, Epson is a leading brand name popular throughout the world. Belonging from the dominant line of scanners, the V600 flatbed scanner packs in great versatility you may require for extraordinary scans for personal or professional uses. With the implementation of ground-breaking Epson technology, anybody can achieve remarkable scanning results.
As a multi-function versatile printer, this scanner unit is capable to scan documents, photos, films or 3D objects. You can quickly scan receipts and reports, restore dull color photos, or make implausible enlargements from the film. A noticeable boost in productivity is perceived through the energy-efficient ReadyScan LED light source. This light source makes sure there is no warmup time; it facilitates swift scans and reduced power consumption. Devoid of mercury, this LED technology is more suitable for the environment than the conventional cold cathode fluorescent lamps.
The presence of scratches and dust usually deteriorate the film output. The V600 flatbed scanner is capable of discarding the facade of dust and scratches from film. The unit comes with digital ICE for films and prints. The appearance of creases and tears from photos will also be discarded. With a single touch, you can restore the dull color photos. The integrated transparency unit is competent to scan negatives, slides, and medium-format panoramic film.
The available four customizable buttons enable the user to immediately scan, copy, send scanned output to emails and generate PDFs. One of the noticeable traits is the unit also features fully automatic scanning. The scanning will be entirely under your control through the three additional modes. Right from invoices to 3D objects, this scanner unit can scan everything.
- The 6400 x 9600 dpi resolution guarantees precision film scanning for sharp, bright reproductions up to 17″ x 22″. This resolution enables you to create astonishing enlargements from the film.
- For presenting the enhanced productivity and energy efficiency, the V600 unit comes implemented with the ReadyScan LED technology from Epson.
- With the help of 4 customizable buttons, any scanning related tasks can be quickly accomplished.
- The scanned documents can be flawlessly converted into editable text with the ABBYY FineReader Sprint Plus OCR.
- In this Epson Perfection scanner, the included ArcSoft PhotoStudio assists to edit and enhance your digital images. It also facilitates a comprehensive photo restoration solution.
3. Plustek A3 Flatbed Scanner:
Keeping in mind the issues faced while performing large format document scanning, Plustek uniquely designed thisA3 flatbed scanner. The OpticSlim 1180 in the present discussion is basically an 11.69″ x 17″ tabloid-sized scanner. The unit is potent to scan two letter-sized pages; two pages spread book, legal-sized documents, large-format magazines, newspaper, and scrapbooks. Not just its versatility, but its design is also made enticing.
With a sleek and compact design, this Plustek flatbed scanner takes less desktop and also occupies less storage space. This directly implies how it is highly suitable for any SOHO workplace. Apart from office use, the scanner unit is also ideal for the public to scan in places like the library or universities. It comes with the maximum scan area up to A3 size allowing the users to scan different types of documents. With A3 format, it is even possible to browse large-format books.
Eliminating the warm-up step and also conserving energy, the latest LED light source design allows the unit to scan immediately. The built-in stable LED light source guarantees superior image quality for every scan. It supports 11.7×17 large format scan size required for documents and blueprints. Plustek made it such that it is compatible with Mac and PC.
- With thePlustekA3 flatbed scanner, scanning an A3-size merely takes 9 seconds for Grayscale (300DPI) and 15 seconds for Color (300DPI).
- The one-touch button and preset function facilitate quick operations.
- To streamline its usage, the unit is equipped with 4 one-touch scan buttons.
- These buttons are scan, OCR, email, and PDF. They are dedicated to streamlining the entire scanning process.
- The improved OCR accuracy is conveyed with ABBYY FineReader 12, and DocAction, which is useful for file sharing.
- It generates an eBook library for the convenience of readers. With this library, readers can bring their whole book collection with them or take them anywhere they go. There are no concerns about losing the original copies.
- The best way to preserve newspapers is to digitize them. With the use of OCR function, you can save the image by searchable PDF format; subsequently, you can use a sentence or keyword to search report.
2. Xerox DocuMate 3220 Flatbed Scanner:
The present model of the Xerox DocuMate scanner unit is a 2-in-1 flatbed scanner and can also work as Automatic Document Feeder (ADF). It is a versatile printer tool competent to handle a wide range of scanning tasks. Regardless of how intense or straightforward the scanning requirements are, all of them are fulfilled by this flatbed scanner. It is a perfect scanner unit for workgroup since it employs fast duplex scanning for documents and images along with enhancing image quality.
All the scanned documents will stay organized and finding information is easy with the help of included software bundle. On the surface, there is a front panel that offers smooth single-button operation suitable for scanning to any of 9 preset options.
The DocuMate 3320 is dedicated to combining an A4/letter-sized flatbed scanner with an ADF. This combination allows you to conveniently scan photos, receipts, plastic cards, checks, and handwritten notes. Therefore, the scanner unit is a perfect choice for fields like education, insurance, real estate, retail, financial services, and healthcare industries. With the special assistance of the incorporated TWAIN, WIA, and ICA drivers, this flatbed scanner is compatible with PC and Mac.
- While working as a flatbed scanner, the maximum paper size supported is 8.5 x 14 inches whereas it supports 8.75 x 38 inches size while working as ADF.
- It can efficiently scan up to 23 ppm/46 ipm black & white and 13 ppm/26 ipm in color at the resolution of 200 dpi.
- The implementation of Visioneer OneTouch technology allows the DocuMate 3220 to employ one-touch scanning for any application. Consequently, the documents will get scanned to an appropriate setting for color, resolution, and cropping. The exact file format will get delivered to a file folder, printer, email, or Microsoft Word.
- The Visioneer Acuity software bundle works powerfully to improve image quality, generate searchable PDF files, and convert scanned documents into editable text. This software strives to enhance the quality of the image by discarding undesired marks, creases, and smudges. With the use of advanced algorithms, this software corrects document imperfections, boosts the quality of scanned images and also boosts OCR accuracy.
1. Doxie Flip – Cordless Flatbed Scanner:
The perfect size, impressive quality scanned documents are now a common requirement, and this cordless flatbed scanner aptly fulfills the same. The Doxie Flip conveys fantastic image quality up to 600 dpi. The Doxie Flip unit is capable of scanning originals up to 4×6” (A6). Its overall size is made compact and sleek to let you carry it easily. The detachable lid simplifies scanning.
The effective operation of this cordless flatbed scanner is quite smooth. Just place your original on the glass and then push Doxie’s sizeable green button to scan into the included SD card. The overall designing is made perfect for capturing pocket notebooks. It can scan notes, sketches, and artwork with exceptional clarity.
You will be stunned to perceive that your originals will always stay protected. The structure of the Doxie Flip unit depicts a transparent scanning window and the quick release detachable lid. Henceforth, you can seamlessly scan old photo albums, notebooks, etc. All you have to do is simply flip Doxie over and put it safely on your originals.
The included window allows you to see the document you can, and you can see the entire scanning process going on. The automatic image recognition system delivers the crisp, clear digital images of your originals from Doxie. Every scan appears stunning with the smart cropping and contrast enhancement. Overall, the scanner unit is impeccably designed for scanning photos, albums, memories, sketches, and pocket notebooks.
- Being lightweight and the size of a book, it is straightforward to use it.
- Different types of things it supports for scanning are photos, ticket stubs, coins, letters, portraits, stamps, scrapbooks, Polaroids, sketches, postcards, and pocket notebooks. All these mentioned things will get scanned into digital files that can be saved and shared instantly. In addition to that, it can save your old albums, index cards, keepsakes, paper photos, Field Notes, and Moleskine brand pocket notebooks.
- The built-in Doxie software allows you efficiently organize your scans and also save digital copies directly into your desktop. Alternatively, you can keep these copies to the cloud for instant sharing. It is even possible to directly scan to iPad with Apple’s iPad SD Card Reader.
The flat surface, versatility, and efficient output are the key specialties of any flatbed document scanners. Now you can scan a wide variety of documents in less time through such scanner units.
More on Scanners:
- Best Scanners in India with Portable Options
- Best USB Fingerprint Scanners
- Best Negative Film Scanners