Like we already know, AMD has announced the new range of chipset, a.k.a. B450 a couple of months ago. We had expected the launch of a new processor supported by these motherboards in July. The expectations have come true, and there have been a few launches from ASUS, ASRock, MSI, Gigabyte, and other top AMD partners. The budget B450 motherboard is expected to hit it well in the budget segment and will be supporting Ryzen 2 series processors.
Also Read: Best Budget B550 Motherboards
The AMD B450 Motherboards – An Overview
The new range of motherboards is expected to come with an affordable price tag. That said, they do not have the specifications that are available on high-end motherboards based on AMD’s X470.
The new motherboards will not offer support for the AMD’s CrossFire or Nvidia’s SLI technologies. You have the support for 16 PCIe Gen3 lanes for connecting the components. If you are looking for the PCIe Gen2 lanes, you will find that there are six lanes available on B450 compared to the 8 in the high-end processors. The number of USB 3.1 Gen1 is limited to six, while you will find ten on other options. The rest of the connectivity options remain the same across the other options – whether USB 2.0 ports, SATA Express slots, and DDR4 memory DIMMs.
Best Budget B450 Motherboard for Ryzen 2 Series
Almost all the main partners of AMD have announced the B450 based motherboards. The prominent among them are ASUS, ASRock, MSI, and Gigabyte. Let us check out a few choices you have at your disposal.
1. ASUS ROG STRIX B450 STRIX-F Gaming –
Designed for the next level gaming experience, the ASUS ROG STRIX B450 STRIX-F Gaming is powered by 2nd generation AMD Ryzen AM4 and 7th generation Athlon processors. It comes with full power functionality to support Ryzen 2 cores.
The motherboard boasts of a host of customization options, firmware controls, and software utilities. Asus claims that the first time configuration, maintenance, and fine-tuning are quite simple and easy to understand. You have access to dual-channel DDR4 memory, native 5Gbps USB 3.1 Gen 1, and 16 PCI Express® 3.0/2.0 lanes for outstanding performance.
- AI Suite 3 offers next-level performance leveling.
- It offers you better thermal options for active cooling that can be configured with Fan Xpert 4 or the UEFI BIOS. It also has a dedicated PWM/DC header for an adequate water cooling.
- The motherboard features an integrated audio solution in the form of SupremeFX, offering you a detailed sound performance.
- An effective data retrieval with two 10Gbps USB 3.1 Gen2 ports, two USB 3.1 Gen1 ports, and four 6Gbps SATA ports.
2. ASUS PRIME B450 Plus –
The Asus Prime series is aimed at providing you with smooth performance for your first build and also offers flexibility for the upgrades as you move ahead. It gives you complete control over fans, water coolers, and the recent all in one cooler.
No matter whether you are looking for an option that is performance-oriented or for fun, the B450 Plus from the Prime series should meet all your needs. You also have access to AMD’s StoreMI technology that ensures better system responsiveness.
- You are assured of reliability and stability with 5x Protection III
- The USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A ensures you an ultra-fast performance, coupled with x4 PCI Express 3.0/2.0 bandwidth, M.2 supports up to 32Gbps data-transfer speeds.
- It has an array of trace layout tweaks that improve the stability of your memory requirements.
- The SafeSlot Core, an exclusive Asus technology, ensures more reliable retention and better shear resistance.
- Maximum performance with NVMe M.2, USB 3.1 Gen2, DDR4 (3200 MHz) and Gigabit LAN
3. Gigabyte B450 AORUS PRO Wi-Fi –
The Gigabyte 400 series enhances the capacity of your PC with the AMD StoreMI technology. The motherboard has a hybrid digital power design that has been optimized for the AMD Ryzen 2 series processors.
The Dual M.2s available on the motherboard assures an extreme performance. You can be guaranteed a faster coverage Intel Dual Band 802.11ac WIFI + BT 4.2 Module. You have access to the next-gen connectivity with USB Type C. The high-end Realtek High-End HD Audio Codec provides an immersive gaming experience.
- Support for AMD 1st & 2nd Generation Ryzen/ Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics Processors
- The onboard AORUS M.2 Thermal Guard provides you durability and a better thermal solution.
- It comes with dual-band with up to 433 Mbps of throughput, and 3x faster Wi-Fi speed assures better coverage.
- Multi-Zone LED customization helps you with the best PC customization.
- Smart Fan 5 offers you cooling performance.
4. MSI ARSENAL Gaming B450M Bazooka
Excellent looks and large plated heat sinks – that is what would make MSI ARSENAL Gaming B450M Bazooka a superb choice among the newly arrived B450 motherboards. The MSI Mystic Light utility lets you customize and configure your color scheme.
Full control fan headers offer you excellent cooling performance. The motherboard comes with smart hardware and software to take your gaming experience to the next level. With support for all the storage standards, the motherboard should be quite ideal for your faster game performances. Then there is an excellent audio experience that boosts your expertise with MSI Audio Boost.
- A personalized gaming rig with seven colors and five effects.
- Core Boost technology for an enhanced, faster, and undistorted delivery.
- Support AMD Ryzen 1st and 2nd Generation / Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics Processors for Socket AM4
- Best memory performance with speed, high overclocking, and stability.
- Lightning Fast Game experience: 1x TURBO M.2, Store MI technology
5. ASUS TUF B450-PLUS Gaming
Another gaming-centric motherboard from Asus, the ASUS TUF B450-PLUS Gaming, is part of the TUF Gaming Alliance that aims at ensuring better build, compatibility, and aesthetics. They come with Asus SafeSlot technology to safeguard your graphics cards.
Powered by 2nd generation AMD Ryzen AM4 processors, the product is manufactured with the certified military-grade performance that offers you excellent temperature tolerance and a 5X-longer lifespan. The dual backward-compatible USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A ensures faster transfer speeds.
- A system tuned to offer excellent performance.
- The ultimate connection flexibility and blazing data-transfer speed that can range up to 10 Gbps.
- You can benefit from cooling effects configurable via Fan Xpert 4 Core and award-winning UEFI BIOS.
- The best in class gaming audio with DTS custom for gaming headsets.
- Aura Sync technology.
6. Gigabyte B450M DS3H
One of the most affordable options available in the B450 motherboards, the Gigabyte B450M DS3H, offers you faster storage with NVMe PCIe Gen3 x4 110mm M.2. You can experience speeds up to 32 Gbps.
The network traffic management by cFosSpeed helps improve network latency performance. It can go a long way in helping you get better responsiveness and performance in crowded LAN environments. You can also be assured of ICs that three times ESD resistance than the ones mostly observed. This can aid in protecting the motherboard and other components.
- Support for AMD 2nd Generation Ryzen™/ Ryzen™ with Radeon™ Vega Graphics.
- The AMD StoreMI technology enhances the performance of your storage devices to reduce the boot times and overall user experience.
- Faster storage performance and support for both PCIe and SATA interfaces* for M.2 SSD devices.
- The Smart Fan 5 technology to keep your PC manages the temperatures efficiently. Intelligent Fan Control design will stop the corresponding fan when predefined temperatures are reached.
- VR Ready performance for the best full HD graphics.
- High-end customization options with seven colors.
- Excellent on body audio performance with Audio Noise Guard.
7. MSI Performance Gaming B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
MSI believes that cooling is an essential element for the best performing PC. You have access to fan headers that come with the best-customized control so that you can adjust it the way you want to. Best suited for CPU overclocking, it offers you Core Boost technology for an undistorted content.
The MSI Performance Gaming B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC comes with a dedicated Audio Boost sound card and other components to ensure the purest audio. This is done with the isolated circuitry away from the motherboard. The PWM and enhanced circuit design are aimed at providing the best thermal solutions for multi-core operations.
- Support for AMD® RYZEN™ 1st and 2nd Generation / Ryzen™ with Radeon™ Vega Graphics Processors for Socket AM4
- A customized gaming rig with the Mystic Light technology.
- Cutting edge VR enabled hardware provides complete support for major VR brands.
- The most immersive sound with Audio Boost technology
8. MSI ARSENAL Gaming B450 Tomahawk
With a high degree of personalization options, the MSI ARSENAL Gaming B450 Tomahawk comes with unique designs, or you can create your own. BIOS Flashback+ option lets you handle the issues you may go through while updating your BIOS.
You can work with multiple cores and opt for higher performance with a thermal solution for all your needs. High-performance audio capacitors ensure the best audio clarity with the Audio Boost sound card. Isolation of the sound card and other components from the main circuitry enhances the audio signal further.
- Complete support for AMD Ryzen™ 1st and 2nd Generation/ Ryzen™ with Radeon™ Vega Graphics Processors
- The extended PWM and enhanced circuit design from MSI ensures the best performance for multi-core installations
- 8 million colors and ten effects with Mystic Light and Mystic Light Sync technology
- High standard BIOS 5 performance
- Heavy plated heat sinks for the best gaming performance
9. ASUS ROG STRIX B450-I Gaming
Powered by 2nd generation AMD Ryzen AM4 processors, the ASUS ROG STRIX B450-I Gaming motherboard lets you enjoy the next-level performance. The dual NVMe M.2, Gigabit LAN, and USB 3.1 Gen2 ensure you high-end connectivity options and speeds. You have access to one-click overclocking and cooling features for efficient working.
It offers you firmware and software utilities for every aspect of configuring your system. Whether overclocking, cooling, assigning network priorities, or tuning audio characteristics – customize your rig for any need you may have.
- The angular M.2 heatsink helps you keep your SSD remarkably cooler.
- High-end customization options with built-in RGB LEDs
- You have access to 802.11ac Wi-Fi with 2×2 MU-MIMO and full 160 MHz channels that offer you Wi-Fi speeds up to 1.73 Gbps of maximum theoretical throughput.
- SupremeFX audio technology provides a detailed and neutral sound experience.
10. Gigabyte B450 AORUS M
If durability is what you are looking ahead for, the Gigabyte B450 AORUS M is what you should forward to. The Hybrid Digital PWM and Lower RDS will be suitable for the resource-hungry components.
Powered by Realtek 8118 Gaming LAN, it helps you Automatic Bandwidth Allocation. This will ensure the highest network priority depending upon the game or the application that you are running. Real-time network monitoring is another feature that would make it an ideal choice.
- Smart Fan 5 technology offers you efficient cooling and optimal performance. The intelligent fan control design ensures fan silence when not needed.
- Audio Noise Guard offers you a high-end audio performance.
- The refreshed BIOS functionality ensures better experience while setting up your system.
- The TriDef ® SmartCam software can help you control the background efficiently.
11. ASRock MicroATX Motherboard B450M- HDV
Featuring a microATX form factor, the ASRock B450M – HDV comes with Realtek controllers for taking care of audio solutions and networking requirements. One of the basic options for the B450 processors from ASRock, it comes with several affordable features.
Some of the features worth mentioning include the following –
- Seven power phase design with CPU support for up to 105 W
- AMD StoreMI technology for better and faster data transfer.
- The M.2 slot should offer you a high degree of data transfer speeds of up to 32 GB per sec.
- The motherboard supports up to three monitors at a time.
- The robust capacitor design lets your motherboard work more stable and provides a longer lifetime.
If you find the motherboard impressive enough for your needs, you can check it out at this link on Amazon.
12. ASRock MicroATX Motherboard (B450M PRO4)
Have access to the budget-friendly option for the AMD Ryzen processors with the ASRock B450M Pro4 motherboard. Specifically designed gaming motherboard, it is one of the prominent choices for your full ATX form factor.
Some salient features that will make it a great choice including
- AMD StoreMI technology that combines the speed of an SSD with the faster and easy to manage option of HDD.
- The M.2 slot ensures that you can use both SATA3 6Gb/s and PCIe Gen3 x4 Ultra M.2 interface. This improves the speeds up to 32 GB per sec.
- This ASRock motherboard offers you an excellent option for dual USB 3.1 Gen 2 (Type A and Type C) connectivity. The USB 3.1 Gen 2 ensures the speeds up to 10 Gbps data transfer rates.
- Triple monitor functionality helps you access the connectivity with three simultaneous monitors.
If you find the motherboard to be one of the best options to go with, you may check it out here on Amazon.
13. MSI ProSeries AMD B-450 A Pro
One of the excellent options coming from MSI is the MSI ProSeries AMD B-450 A Pro that is designed explicitly for faster performance on a low budget. The Core Boost technology will ensure that you can have access to pinpoint accuracy. The motherboard also supports 2nd Gen multi-core Ryzen CPUs.
Here are a few salient features that the motherboards boast of –
- High-quality audio boosters to offer you access to HD audio processor, dedicated amplifier, and high-quality audio capacitors.
- MSI PCI Express Steel Slots ensure that any possible damage is minimized.
- Turbo M.2 ensures that you have access to speeds up to 32 GB per sec.
- The motherboard is engineered to meet the most demanding overclocking requirements.
You can check out the features and functions of the MSI motherboard at this link on Amazon.
MSI B450I Gaming Plus AC
The motherboard is available both in mini ITX and ATX form factors. It is compatible with AMD Ryzen 1st and 2nd Generation / Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics Processors. The dual-channel DDR4-3466 support is yet another advantage. The Turbo M.2 with AMD StoreMI support is yet another advantage.
The EZ Debug LED offers you an excellent option for debugging the errors and assists in troubleshooting. The X-Boost functionality lets you troubleshoot it effectively and efficiently. The PCIe steel slot provides you access to protection against the VGA cards against bending. The Core boost feature would be quite capable enough to support more cores.
ASRock B450M Steel Legend
If you are looking for stability and durability, the ASRock B450M Steel Legend should be an excellent choice you would want to go with. The affordable price offers you access to the best possible features. The micro ATX form factor lets you build a compact construction. You have access to the BIOS tuning for the overclocking of memory.
You should have access to a wonderful performance when it is used with the Ryzen 5 processors. The motherboard is best suited for use with amateur PC builders. VRM cooling is quite good enough, though you may not find any sort of impressive performance characteristics. The AMD CrossFireX support is yet another huge plus point you would find impressive enough.
Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite
The B450 Aorous Elite is not as popular as the other options from Gigabyte. But it can indeed be one of the best options for an excellent option among the best choices for the B450 motherboards. The Elite option is more focussed on the gamers and thus does not feature most of the features expected on a mainstream motherboard.
The HDMI, DVI-D ports can be quite helpful enough in providing you access to multiple display options. The integrated I/O shield comes with an ultra-durable design providing you an excellent level of functionality. Support for AMD Quad-GPU CrossFire and 2-Way AMD CrossFire technologies should be yet another plus point.
ASRock B450M Pro 4
The motherboard comes at an extremely affordable price band and offers you a 3+3 phase VRM option. It provides passive cooling performance on both Vcore and SoC portions. The motherboard works effectively with both Ryzen 5 and Ryzen 7 processors. The motherboard also packs in a pair of M.2 slots.
You also have access to four DIMM slots, four SATA ports, and one USB type C port. Two full-length PCIe x 16 slots for efficient performance. What’s more? The added support for Ryzen 3000 series support adds fantastic value to this motherboard.
The Concluding Thoughts
Well, those were a few quality motherboards employing the new B450 chipsets from AMD and supported the new Ryzen 2 Series processors. All these motherboards have already been made available. What should make these options best suited for our requirements is the affordable price tag that they come with?
Have you had any experience with these motherboards? Do share your thoughts with us so that our readers will benefit.