Oppo has been one of the successful smartphone manufacturers in India. In a short time, they have become a real contender to the Redmi series when it comes to the best mid-range performance. The new crowning glory of the company is the Realme 3 Pro in the mid-range segment. Realme also has added the capability to shoot in 64 MP resolution – perhaps the first time on a smartphone. The phones from the manufacturer have been performing well, but as can be a common issue – there are a few issues you may come across the devices. In today’s post, we will discuss the options to reset Realme password with ease.
Why set The Password on your Realme device?
Well, almost all smartphones, irrespective of the manufacturer and model, ask for the password while you set up your phone for the first time. The password can be in the form of a pattern or an alphanumeric format. This can go a long way in helping you protect your data from the prying eyes.
The passcode or the password can have several formats. Realme lets you configure four different forms for the password –
- Combination: a 4 to 16 digit alphanumeric password. This comes with a combination of numerical digits, alphabets, and a few select symbols
- A 4 to 16 digit numeric code. This consists of the numbers only format.
- Numerical, 4 digit code. This will once again consist of only numbers.
- Android-based pattern match. The pattern should connect a minimum of four dots.
If you enter a wrong password or pattern, several times in sequence, your phone will be locked temporarily. You will be able to make emergency calls, but the other services will be discontinued entirely. You need to wait till the predefined interval before you can try unlocking your phone.
In any case, until you enter the correct password or pattern, your phone cannot be used for any of the activities.
How to Reset your Realme Password or pattern?
Well, you have two options to reset your Realme password. If you have forgotten your password or the unlock pattern, you can make use of your Google account to reset it.
Method 1 – Use Google Account to reset your password
The process should be comfortable and straightforward to work with. Here are the steps involved –
- Type in the wrong pattern or password for a couple of times.
- You should now get an update or notification to reset your password.
- Your phone will be locked for 30 seconds.
- Wait patiently till those 30 seconds and try to type once again.
- You should find the option to reset your password. Tap on, Forgot your password?
- Choose the option to unlock your device with Google Credentials.
- In the next step, you will need to enter your Google account password.
That should do it. Your Realme device will be unlocked. Make sure you replace your Realme password or pattern by creating a new one.
Method 3 – Use your Fingerprint
You can use your fingerprint sensor to unlock your phone and use it in the usual way. However, once the phone is unlocked, make sure you go into the settings and reset or change your Realme password or pattern.
Please note that if the phone has been rebooted or shut down, the first attempt to unlock it would require the password or pattern. The phone will not unlock on the first attempt using fingerprint if it has just been rebooted.
Method 3 – Hard reset Your phone
If both the above methods fail, the only option left for you would be to use the hard reset option. Do note that this choice will erase all the data on your phone. If you have already backed up your device, you can restore the data after the reset.
How to hard reset your Realme Phone?
The hard reset option should be the last resort that you would want to resolve the issues you would want to on your Realme device. It will delete all your personal data. If you have a microSD card inserted on your device, it will not be affected in any way, and the data saved on it will stay intact.
If, however, it may be ideal enough to remove the microSD card before you can actually begin hard resetting your Realme device.
Here is how you can hard reset your Realme device –
- Make sure your phone is charged to at least 80 percent.
- Power off your Realme smartphone.
- Remove the SIM card and microSD card from your device.
- Press and hold Volume Down and Power button simultaneously.
- You should get a vibration on your phone.
- Let go of the Power button when you detect the vibration. Keep holding the volume down button.
- You should now find the Oppo logo on the screen.
- Let go of the Power button.
- Tap on Wipe Data.
- Next, tap on wipe data/keep SMS contact and Photo
- Wait till the data is erased.
That should do it. Tap on Reboot, and your phone will be back to a situation that it originally came with.
Another simple option to hard reset or factory reset your device would include using the options within your phone settings. This should be technically easier than the method that we just covered.
Here are the steps involved in resetting your Realme to factory settings –
- Turn on your phone.
- Go to Settings
- Locate and tap on Backup and Reset.
- Tap on Factory data reset.
- On the next screen, tap on Reset device
- You should now get an option to Erase Everything. Tap on it.
- Tap, OK, and your device should now reboot.
Please note that it will take a while for your device to reboot. Once it does, it will be back to the status that it was first bought.
If you have forgotten your password or pattern, the second method to hard reset your device will not work. Since you have no access to settings and any other phone, you will find it rather challenging to find the correct option.
The Concluding Thoughts
Resetting your password on the Realme should be quite simple and easy. Of course, the tips provided here should help you reach the best possible solutions to reset your Realme password or pattern. You should ideally do not need to reset your device hard. The Google credentials should assist you in resolving your forgotten password with ease.
Check out the options outlined in the above tutorial, and you should be able to get your system back into the proper status.