If you are looking for the best monitors with KVM switch built-in, we have one for you.
Due to the rapid evolution and development of sophisticated desktop monitor technology, the typical workspaces gradually get rid of the extra clutter. These latest advancements have incorporated a multi-profile, multitasking keyboard, video, and mouse (KVM) switch built into the display system board.
In simple terms, a KVM switch is a tiny hardware device allowing power users like us to watch and control various sources from the convenience of a single screen, keyboard, and mouse. A monitor with a built-in KVM switch is handy at workstations and highly beneficial for home office or gaming setups.
Few multitaskers can run different applications from a single PC. But the situations arise when different devices are required for various specialized tasks. In the absence of a switch, the users may need to reach behind monitors, plugin multiple dongles, or try out many independent controls and settings to receive the screen’s desired input. A monitor with a built-in KVM switch solves these problems. Before getting into the details of the best monitors with a built-in KVM switch, let’s first look at their benefits:
Reduced costs and clutter:
The features and costs of external KVM switches differ significantly. Though it is possible to source entry-level devices at an affordable price, the corresponding price range will convey consumer-grade technology. This perhaps does not fulfill the operating needs and reliability levels demanded by desktop IT teams in most organizations.
With the facility of a built-in switch, there would be no such additional costs. It will significantly benefit large-sized enterprises having hundreds of workstations. Though an external KVM switch is usually small in size, it would create clutter on the desk.
PC power users always care about the effectiveness of their work. With keyboard shortcuts and KVM switches, it is easy to work efficiently with many applications. The built-in KVM switch enables a multitasker to switch between apps and also switch between computers. This makes a significant difference in fields where powerful compute. PCs are required for medical, 3D graphics, video editing, and seismic imaging.
The typical applications like word processing, email, spreadsheets, social media, and few other office collaboration applications execute more efficiently with the help of a built-in KVM switch.
Reduced power consumption:
The KVM switches save a significant amount of space in cramped workplaces. This is because they are capable of controlling multiple devices from one standard input-output hardware system. It significantly decreases the power consumption by reducing the total electrical load over the power supply system. Therefore, in terms of energy, they are environment-friendly too.
Best monitors with KVM switch built-in
|Sr. No.||Image||Product Name||Manufacturer||Buy Now|
|1||Samsung LC43J890DKUXEN 43.3-Inch LED Monitor||Samsung||Buy from Amazon|
|2||Dell U-Series 32-Inch Screen LED-Lit Monitor (U3219Q)||Dell||Buy from Amazon|
|3||Samsung CJ89 43″ Curved Monitor (LC43J890DKNXZA)||Samsung||Buy from Amazon|
|4||Dell U-Series 38″ Screen LED-Lit Monitor (U3818DW)||Dell||Buy from Amazon|
|5||Dell U3419w Ultrasharp 34-Inch WQHD Curved IPS USB-C Monitor||Dell||Buy from Amazon|
|6||ViewSonic VP2771 Professional 27″ 1440p Monitor||ViewSonic||Buy from Amazon|
6. ViewSonic VP2771 Professional 27″ 1440p Monitor:
This ViewSonic 27-inch monitor is designed to provide unparalleled color accuracy. This color accuracy helps while using professional applications like photo editing. It comes with a WQHD display that showcases lifelike colors. With the help of a smooth frameless design and a SuperClear IPS panel, the VP2771 monitor offers a flawless viewing experience. This kind of experience is suitable for multi-monitor setups. For single-cable daisy series of multiple monitors, this ViewSonic monitor is equipped with advanced DisplayPort technology.
With ultra-wide viewing angles, the output represents attractively detailed images without borders, irrespective of your vantage point.
There is plenty of flexible connectivity options included. The VP2771 monitor supports PCs, laptops, Apple/Mac operating systems, HDMI 1.4, and USB 3.1 type C ports. The pack contains this LCD Monitor, a DC/AC adapter, a power cable, a mini DP to DP cable, and a USB 3.0 cable. The supported mounting type is a 4″ x 4″ VESA compatible wall mount.
- If multiple PCs or systems are connected to your monitor, the built-in KVM switch enables you to switch between a set of peripheral devices. In this way, it reduces clutter and removes the need for multiple mice, keyboards, etc.
- To guarantee accurate, consistent color, this monitor is factory calibrated. So, it conveys a superb Delta E<2 value for high color accuracy.
- The built-in color uniformity function guarantees consistent chromaticity all over the screen.
- The 14-bit 3D look-up table produces a smooth palette consisting of 4.39 trillion colors.
- The built-in KVM switch, ambient light sensor, and cutting-edge ergonomic design boost your productivity.
5. Dell U3419w Ultrasharp 34-Inch WQHD Curved IPS USB-C Monitor:
Dell equipped this 34-inch USB-C monitor with a KVM switch. It allows easy switching between different applications from two computers on your screen. Also, it lets you manage the content with a single keyboard and mouse. The unique aspect of this monitor is it comes with increased screen curvature.
It enhances your field of view, decreases reflections, and generates near-uniform visual focus. Hence, you can comfortably work for a more extended period. The curved screen creates a panoramic cinematic experience. It lets you immerse in endless entertainment.
When there is a need to picture different computer sources simultaneously, this curved monitor is the right solution. The included USB-C connectivity allows you to connect your laptop to this monitor. As a result, you can charge up to 90Wi from one source. Moreover, this monitor unit is protected by Dell’s built-in surge protection. The power consumption is not much, i.e., 41W.
- The screen curvature limits your eye movement across the screen. It makes sure your eyes do not get fatigued.
- This curved monitor’s broad peripheral vision generates incredible depth and breadth and presents a wrap-around view. All these aspects let you focus on your work and ultimately increase work efficiency.
- The wide viewing angle enabled by In-Plane Switching (IPS) and the QHD 3440 x 1440 resolution make sure you view fine details and dynamic colors from any perspective.
- With the help of an ultra-wide 21:9 aspect ratio, the screen shows impressive visuals.
- The built-in dual 9W speakers provide enhanced audio quality output.
4. Dell U-Series 38″ Screen LED-Lit Monitor (U3818DW):
You can now get an immersive experience and incredible visuals on this LED monitor from Dell at your convenience. It is a 38-inch WQHD+ curved screen monitor from the U series of Dell. The vivid visuals, sharp details, and accurate color let you complete your work projects and offer an excellent home entertainment experience. The curved screen conveys a panoramic viewing experience. This monitor is compatible with all operating systems such as Windows and macOS.
With a single KVM feature, you can display and edit content from two PCs. There is a unique cable solution equipped with USB Type C connectivity. It can transmit audio, video, and power signals between this monitor and a laptop. It is possible to alter the video resolution to the appropriate aspect ratio. With all the available tools, features, and ample screen space, make sure you can do multitasking efficiently.
- The large-sized 37.5-inch curved screen is paired with the virtually borderless InfinityEdge. It generates a comprehensive field view. This view offers a consistent visual focus that decreases eye movement across the screen. There will be reduced distractions and a boost in productivity.
- At the output, you observe the uniform color and outstanding detail over a wide viewing angle. The screen resolution is WQHD+ 3840 x 1600, and it comes implemented with In-Plane Switching technology.
- The display comes with an aspect ratio of 21:9. The InfinityEdge provides virtually a borderless screen.
- Its flicker-free screen is equipped with the ComfortView feature. This feature filters blue light emissions to provide eye comfort.
- The Dell Easy Arrange allows you to organize your projects to suit your screen space in the best way.
- It allows connecting up to six compatible RF devices or Bluetooth 4.0 devices.
- The built-in 9W speakers convey high-quality sound output.
3. Samsung CJ89 43″ Curved Monitor (LC43J890DKNXZA):
If you are looking for a display having built-in KVM switch an ultrawide array, go for this Samsung monitor. At a 43-inch diagonal screen size and aspect ratio of 32:10, the CJ89 monitor is equivalent to 24″ monitors placed together. So, it works as a smart alternative to the dual monitor setups without any bezel blind spots. The image quality is stunning, and there is a reduced cable mess.
Whenever two devices are connected to this curved monitor, its built-in KVM switch allows you to control both of them with a single keyboard and mouse. You can now efficiently multitask and save desk space. The USB Type-C transmits audio, video, data, and power all across the cable. You can connect a laptop, smartphone, or tablet to one of the monitor’s two USB Type-C ports. This makes it possible to display content on the screen and simultaneously charge the device.
- The display comes with a resolution of 3840 x 1200 pixels and a refresh rate of 120 Hz. This refresh rate makes sure the scenes flow flawlessly. To optimize the monitor performance, this refresh rate can be adjusted to 60 Hz.
- The Picture-by-Picture simultaneously displays input from two PCs. This makes it easy to communicate with other persons.
- It allows you to connect a second device to simultaneously view its display on your primary PC’s display side by side.
- The Easy Setting Box software instantly splits the monitor workspace into many windows. You can divide the screen into up to six windows through a mouse click. This allows you to view all your projects instantly. To get a customized view, the window sizes can be adjusted.
- In standby mode, the power consumption is less than 0.3 W.
2. Dell U-Series 32-Inch Screen LED-Lit Monitor (U3219Q):
The Ultra HD 4K resolution makes this 32-inch monitor precisely show detail on the screen. You will notice that the images appear sharp and detailed on the screen. The display comes with VESA certified DisplayHDR 400i that features HDR content playback support. This LED-Lit monitor is factory calibrated at 99% sRGB coverage. So, your videos display lifelike colors.
The built-in KVM switch conveys easy manageability. You can easily switch between applications from two computers or two laptops on your screen. Consequently, you can work on the content with the help of one keyboard and mouse. This is made possible with the easy-to-use Keyboard, Video, and Mouse (KVM) feature. The included USB-C cable lets you organize cable clutter on the desk. This cable solution provides up to 90W of power. This much power is sufficient to charge your device and also transmit video, audio, and data simultaneously.
- The Ultra HD 4K resolution (3840×2160) captures every element and provides four times more detail than Full HD resolution.
- The display shows lifelike colors ranging from the deepest darks to the brightest whites. The peak brightness is 400 nits, and the color depth is 1.07 billion colors. The refresh rate is 60 Hz.
- Under the standard setting, the response time is 8 ms, and under a fast environment, it is 5 ms.
- The flicker-free screen comes with the ComfortView feature. This feature decreases damaging blue light emissions. It optimizes eye comfort even during prolonged viewing sessions.
- The Picture-In-Picture (PIP) and Picture-By-Picture (PBP) features help in multitasking. They make sure it easy to view content from two different PCs simultaneously.
- There is the Easy Arrange feature available on Dell Display Manager software. It selects from predefined templates to provide multiple ways to work.
- The Auto-restore allows you to overlay and arrange your applications quickly. It lets you get back to work immediately.
1. Samsung 43.3-Inch LED Monitor (LC43J890DKUXEN):
The 43-inch LED monitor from Samsung, as mentioned above, provides a vivid movie watching and gaming experience. The wide field of view, i.e., 99°, gives you an ultimate virtual reality experience. The built-in KVM switch allows you to control two disconnected devices with a single mouse and keyboard. It quickly switches control between the devices through the one-touch button.
The included USB Type-C sends data, audio, video, and power all across the cable. Based on your needs, you can connect your portable device to USB Type-C ports. These ports display content and can charge mobile devices simultaneously.
- The 43.3-inch display comes with 3840 x 1200 resolution and a 32: 10 aspect ratio.
- Its 120 Hz refresh rate reduces image lag and motion blur to convey a smooth gaming experience. When the refresh rate is customized to 60 Hz settings, it allows you to optimize performance through the on-screen display instantly. There is no need to access the menu.
- The incorporated 5W stereo speakers deliver powerful sound output. So, you can enjoy your movies, music, and games in clear sound. These stereo speakers also save space on your desk.
- With the help of ‘Easy Setting Box‘ software, the monitor workspace can be instantly divided into multiple windows. It allows you to share the screen into a maximum of six windows with a mouse click. So, you can immediately take a look at all your projects.
- It comes with an Eye-Saver Mode. It protects your eyes against blue light emissions.
- Flicker-free technology reduces distraction from screen flicker. So, you can continue to play for long hours with reduced eye strain.
How to set up a KVM switch with dual monitors?
The need may arise to use two or sometimes three computers at your workplace or home office. Setting up multiple mice and keyboards takes a lot of desk space and adds clutter. Even if there is a dual monitor setup, you will get confused about neatly accommodating all of their accessories. Moreover, you may need to switch among hundreds or more servers in rack cabinets if you work in a data center with servers in racks.
A KVM switch is useful to provide easy and quick access to two, three, or more computers with just a single keyboard, mouse, and monitor. This switch is known to improve productivity, save space, and offer a cost-effective solution. Some of the advanced features include centralized, real-time updating, and maintenance. Now let’s learn about how to set up a KVM switch with dual monitors:
Steps to set up a KVM switch:
Step-1: Connect your peripherals to the KVM console ports:
Firstly, connect monitor cable, USB keyboard, USB mouse, microphone, speakers/headphones, and USB peripherals of each monitor to the equivalent KVM console keyboard port.
Step-2: Connect computers to the computer ports on the KVM switch:
In this step, connect each computer to the KVM keyboard & mouse computer port through a USB A to USB B cable. Make sure to connect the USB A end to the computer and the USB B end to the switch.
This step also suggests connecting the audio ports of a computer using an audio cable and a computer’s video port using a video cable.
Step-3: Turn ON your system:
Before powering on the KVM switch, you need to power on your dual monitors. Make sure to connect every computer and peripheral to the switch before powering the system. Next, you need to power on the switch by plugging it into the AC wall outlet. By default, after the system gets powered up, the active channel will be computer number 1, and the same is shown by the corresponding push-button LED on the front panel.
Step-4: Reset to factory defaults:
When you reset to factory defaults, it clears the device settings. Also, it restores the particular device to its earlier configuration. The complete reset clears all device settings and then resets it to factory defaults. From the Terminal menu, choose the “Reset to Factory Defaults” option.
The built-in KVM switch in all these monitors allows you to quickly toggle between computer inputs and controls through a single button. With the KVM feature’s help, there would be reduced cable clutter on the workspace, and work efficiency is improved significantly.