AMD seems to be having a great time recently. The innovative product range is widely accepted by hardware enthusiasts. They are coming up with newer and unique concepts with continuous improvements, better functionality, and performance. If you have been following AMD and its recent product launches, you may have heard of FreeSync 2. They have been bringing up newer display tech to the fore. With that background, we thought of listing out the best FreeSync 2 monitors currently available.
FreeSync 2 – An Overview
FreeSync 2 is not a new concept as such. It was announced at the CES 2017. However, it has been only recently that the idea has been evident with its new range of monitors being advertised. How does it differ from the original FreeSync technology? Before we can dwell upon the latest range of FreeSync 2 monitors, let us understand what FreeSync 2 is all about.
FreeSync primarily refers to adaptive display technology. As things were standing until now, displays always have had a fixed refresh rate, while the content developed for them will not have a fixed refresh rate. If you have a game that has a refresh rate of 54 Hz, which occasionally jumps to 60 Hz, you will experience a stuttering and frame loss in an ordinary monitor. FreeSync helps your monitor to vary the refresh rate to match that of the content being displayed.
FreeSync 2 takes it further ahead. In fact, the name FreeSync 2 may give an impression that it is an upgrade to the original FreeSync technology. It isn’t. It adds functionality on the already existing FreeSync functionality. What are these additional features? Well, the premium features introduced by FreeSync 2 include high dynamic range, low framerate compensation, and low latency.
We would guess going into the more in-depth details of what FreeSync 2 offers is beyond the concept of this post. We find it sufficient to know that FreeSync is all about a variable refresh rate that offers a stutter-free functionality for your content. Moreover, in sharp contrast to the G-Sync from Nvidia, it does not need any additional hardware for its functionality.
The Best FreeSync 2 Monitors That may Interest You
The technology is taking shape only recently. We may not be able to find many options as of now, though we expect the number to explode going forward. Let us check out a few announcements made for the FreeSync 2 enabled monitors.
|Asus||ROG Strix XG438Q|
BenQ 32″ EX3203R
BenQ recently announced its new range of monitors – the BenQ EX3203R FreeSync 2 Monitor. It is mostly a 32 inches FreeSync monitor with a curved screen and a refresh rate of 144 Hz.
Some of the features that the monitor comes with include
- Complete support for FreeSync 2 including LFC support
- Enhanced HDR compatibility as part of FreeSync 2.
- The contrast ratio of 3000:1
- Access to USB 3.1 and USB-C type port connectivity options
- Ergonomic design.
- Low Blue light mode
- Ambient light sensor.
AOC has been well known for introducing the new age monitors. Now, with the emphasis on FreeSync 2 and variable refresh rate, it was expected for them to launch a monitor that is capable of doing that.
What are the features that would be worth mentioning? Well, here we go –
- Support for FreeSync 2 including HDR and LFC.
- The resolution of 2,560 x 1,440 that should be ideal for most of the gamers
- A 144Hz refresh rate and 4ms response time
- The curvature of 1800R provides an excellent peripheral vision.
- Other features include high peak brightness, improved black levels, a higher color gamut, and more bit depth.
Gamers will love the high dynamic range offered by the FreeSync 2 technology. The Samsung CHG70 is ideally the best PC monitor you would ever find with the latest technology. The elegant colors are what would make it a gamers’ paradise.
Here are a few features that the monitor offers you –
- The 2560 x 1440p resolution that provides an accurate color reproduction.
- Full support for FreeSync 2 technology that eliminates tearing and stuttering
- Optimized video performance while handling the HDR content.
- A curved 32-inch panel
- The 1800R curvature ensures a clear peripheral vision.
Nixeus EDG 27
Well, Nixeus has been involved with AMD right from the initial days of FreeSync development. It was ideally the first manufacturers to provide the FreeSync functionality with its product line up.
Some of the excellent features that the monitor comes with include
- The IPS panel has a resolution of 2560 x 1440 WQHD
- 27″ IPS (AHVA) Panel
- A refresh rate of 144 Hz and a response time of 4 ms.
- 1000:1 contrast ratio
The product comes with a host of accessories including external power brick, basic lit pack, a 3.5mm stereo audio cable, and a short 5-foot DisplayPort cable.
The best gaming experience at your fingertips – that is what Pixio New PX277 promises. You can be sure of accessing the tear-free gaming and excellent support for LFC through FreeSync 2.
A few features you would expect to work wonders include
- A 27″ 2560×1440 AH-VA Panel
- A frequency range of 30 to 144 Hz – ensuring the best support for tear-free gaming
- Full support for FreeSync 2 including LFC and HDR
- A contrast ratio of 1000:1 and a 6 ms response time.
- A wider viewing angle of 178 degrees.
The sales package comes with the monitor, the stand, plus DisplayPort and power cables. So, you can set it up right away.
If you are looking for the monitors with a high refresh rate, the LG 32GK850F should be an exceptional choice by many standards. It offers you a stronger contrast and a decent color option. You also tend to get outstanding responsiveness.
Some of the features we loved with the monitor include
- The high refresh rate will offer you exceptional gaming experience.
- It offers you the minimalistic design
- It should be one of the preferred choices for multiple monitors.
- The 2560 x 1440 resolution, 144Hz refresh rate, and 5ms response time should make it an exceptional choice for your high-end gaming.
- You have access to a great panel and color uniformity.
Marketed under the Philips Momentum range, the Philips 328M6FJRMB provides you with more vibrant images with a smoother experience. The model has several advanced features that include Quad HD resolution, Ultra Wide-Colour Technology, and Display-HDR 400 on a 32″ curved screen.
Some salient features that you will stand to gain include the following –
- FreeSync 2 compatibility and a 144Hz refresh rate.
- You will be able to ensure that ultra-smooth without blurring, stuttering, and tearing
- The proprietary Flicker-free backlighting and LowBlue Mode offers you a higher option for the best gaming experience
- Enjoy hours of trouble-free gaming that is devoid of eye strain, fatigue, or retinal harm of any nature.
ASUS ROG XG32VQR
An improved model for the already available Asus XG32VQ, the ASUS XG32VQR comes with an added support for FreeSync 2 and HDR. Developed on the Samsung VA panel, the monitor presents a vibrant and vivid experience for the best performance.
A few features that should provide you an excellent performance should be
- The curved screen should give you the best experience in a curved monitor.
- The compatibility with FreeSync 2 should provide you access to adaptive sync’s benefits with refresh rate range up to 48 to 144 Hz.
- It offers you a 3000:1 contrast ratio that enhances the best in class images.
- The matte-coated screen and curvature should provide you access to improved visual comfort.
Another offering from Agon, this is an excellent monitor option you can go with if you are a gamer. High-end responsiveness and high-end image qualities that should make it a great choice. Featuring a bezel-free design, the Asus AG273QCX has several features that make it aesthetic and a performer at the same time.
Some of the features you would indeed fall in love with the monitor should include the following aspects –
- The screen now comes with the matte design instead of the glossy plastic.
- It also comes with the OSD remote called AGON GamePad as part of the sales package
- The monitor is HDR10 compatible and offers you a more magnificent performer.
- The curved display will make your immersive experience even more exciting and more expression-filled
- You also have access to proprietary gaming features from AOC that include Dial Point crosshair, an FPS counter, and the Game Color digital saturation control.
Samsung (C27HG70QQN) Q-LED Curved Gaming Monitor
Equipped with the Quantum Dot technology, it offers you excellent gaming experience. It delivers a billion shades of accurate color. It also provides you a magnificent High Dynamic Range. That would make the darker areas to appear darker and lighter ones to look brighter. Support for Radeon FreeSync 2 technology for a smoother plug and play compatibility.
A few features worth mentioning would include –
- The advanced motion blur reduction technology offers an unprecedented gaming performance.
- Faster 144Hz refresh rate ensures a smoother flawless action scene from your game.
- The arena lighting feature lets you get deeper into the zone.
- A DP and 2 HDMI ports are provided to increase your connection interface options to multiple devices.
Samsung CHG90 (LC49HG90DMNXZA) Series 49-Inch Curved Gaming Monitor
The larger 49 inches may appear to be stupidity, but you will find it impressive enough in more ways than one. The quantum dot technology can be yet another advantage, especially if you are a professional. You can be assured of a stunningly accurate color performance along with extreme contrast.
A few features that should make it one of the best choices would include
- The support for AMD’s new Radeon FreeSync 2 technology that provides a smoother experience.
- The advanced motion blur technology is yet another added advantage
- The faster 1ms MPRT (motion picture response time)
- Ergonomic design with the adjustable stand and VESA compatibility.
Philips Momentum 436M6VBPAB
This is the first monitor to feature the VESA DisplayHDR 1000 specification. It also comes with an Ambiglow technology that helps you in background lighting. It makes use of a fast internal processor. It adjusts the background color and images according to the ambiance.
A few salient features worth mentioning can be
- It comes with a diagonal screen size of 42.51 inches
- It offers you a 4K UHD resolution of 3,840 x 2,160 pixels
- The 16:9 aspect ratio combined with 4ms gray-to-gray response time.
- You also have access to a contrast ratio of 4,000:1 and 178-degree viewing angles.
This is one of the low-cost monitors ever and offers you FreeSync compatibility at its best. However, the low price should not mean that there are not many features missing. The display features offered would include HDMI, VGA, DisplayPort, and more. The monitor provides you access to a full HD resolution at 1080p.
The AMD FreeSync offers you access to enhanced efficiency with no tearing functionality. The Flicker-free technology and Blue Light filter are a few features we found quite impressive. The connectivity flexibility offered would include laptops, PCs, and Macs with HDMI, DisplayPort, and VGA inputs.
Some of the features we found impressive are
- A lighting fast TN panel
- Extremely Flicker-free technology.
- A black stabilization provides ultimate visibility option
- An extremely ultra-fast response time
Acer Nitro XF252Q
This is yet another excellent option for the budget FreeSync monitor. Of course, the viewing angles are not that effective. The TN panel comes with the capability to deliver a 240 Hz refresh rate. You also get access to improved response time. You would have access to an efficient apparent motion, extremely lower input lag, and Zero Frame design.
A few features we found high enough would be
- A high degree of visuals.
- Radeon FreeSync technology
- The HDR Ready feature would make it the right option for a higher level of immersion.
- The Game View technology offers you multiple modes to choose from – Action, Racing, Sport, User, Standard, ECO, Graphics, and Movie.
One of the best options for the 43-inch ultrawide screen, the ASUS XG43VQ is one of the excellent options you can opt for the best possible gaming experience. The 32:10 super ultrawide gaming monitor should perhaps be one of the top choices with top specs that you would want to go with. The wider screen estate would translate into a wonderful experience and a perfect companion for your gaming rig.
A few features that make it a worthy inclusion can include:
- It comes with a 21:9 aspect ratio. Make sure your games support this aspect ratio
- You can get access to a contrast ratio of 4,000:1, a peak brightness of 450-nits, and a wide 90% DCI-P3 colour gamut
- The Display HDR 400 is what would further make it one of the great choices ever.
- The monitor comes with a 48-120Hz VRR range and there’s the 1ms MPRT backlight strobing technology.
- The shadow boost technology enhances the gaming in darker games
- A set of rich connectivity options and ergonomic stand
The Samsung CRG9 should be your prime choice for the excellent functionalities with respect to a super ultrawide monitor. The 49-inch monitor comes with a resolution of 5120×1440. Make sure your CPU can handle the demanding workload. You can have access to a contrast ratio on 3000:1. The 1000 nit brightness is yet another excellent wonderful option that would further make it a great choice for gaming and content creation work.
Some features worthy of mention would include the following:
- It provides you the variable refresh rate of up to 120Hz with 8-bit colour
- The features would include Black Stabilizer, custom crosshairs, and pre-calibrated picture pre-sets
- Connectivity options available would include two DisplayPort 1.4 inputs, a single HDMI 2.0 port, a headphones jack, microphone in/out, and a quad-USB hub
- Wide color gamut, strong contrast and brightness
- Ergonomic stand
Well, those are a few excellent alternatives you can check out if you are looking to FreeSync 2 enabled monitors for your gaming experience. The FreeSync 2 coupled with the original FreeSync functionalities, works effectively in improving your distortion-free display experience.
Of course, it is too early as we are finding the FreeSync 2 technology is taking shape and possibly in a nascent stage of development. However, in the technology world where a couple of months makes a huge difference, we expect more monitors with the FreeSync 2 functionality quite soon.
- List of Phones with HDR10+
- Best DisplayHDR1000 Monitors
- List of TVs Supporting 8K
- AMD Freesync vs FreeSync 2