Introduction to Azure SQL Data Warehouse
Azure SQL Data Warehouse is an an elastic data warehouse as a service with enterprise-class features with distributed database capabilities, which is capable of processing massive volumes of both relational as well as non-relational data.
It is the industry’s first enterprise-class cloud data warehouse that can grow, shrink, and pause in seconds.
SQL Data Warehouse is fully integrated into Azure, and it easily can be deployed in seconds. This is Microsoft’s answer to Data Warehouse as a service which is fully managed. You do not need to spend time on software patching, maintenance, and back-ups.
With seamless compatibility with other PAAS Services like Power BI, Azure Machine Learning, HDInsight, and Azure Data Factory (ADF) SQL Data Warehouse’s has self managed automatic built-in backups with support for fault-tolerance and self-service restore.
Transaction of SQL queries across relational and non-relational data in Hadoop with PolyBase
Azure SQL Data Warehouse Value Proposition
- Completeness of offering
- Only cloud data warehouse that can grow, shrink, and pause in seconds
- Hybrid deployment options with deep integration with Microsoft data platform
- Fit of data warehouse platform with analytics purpose
- Cost model
- Simplified deployment
- Security and data protection
- Integration with System Center, Power BI, Azure Machine Learning, and Azure Data Factory
- Consume data without consuming compute resources
- Separation of storage and compute for elastic scale
- Intuitive and familiar BI and data analytics tools
- Relationship with vendor
- Community and resources
- Unprecedented elasticity
- Breakthrough cloud performance
- Integrated analytics
- Consistent performance requirements
- Data connectivity and integration
Visit the Microsoft Website for Official documentation of Azure SQL Data Warehouse.