Yes, ILM Socket CPU Coolers is rare. When it comes to the heat sink or CPU coolers for the devices you use, we have two options – the standard Square ILM and the new narrow ILM. ILM stands for Independent loading mechanism, that is the norm for securing the CPU coolers.
The square ILM has an 80 mm x 80 mm hole spacing, while the narrow ILM option comes with 56 x 94 mm hole spacing. The standard square size can be a bit huge and thus may not be fit for smaller installations. That precisely explains why we have an alternative in the form of narrow ILM. Finding a Standard Square ILM may not be an easy task. That is why we have enlisted a few CPU Coolers with Square ILM.
Best Socket CPU Coolers for Intel and AMD Motherboards
As we stated before, finding a CPU Cooler that can adjust with a Square ILM socket may not as easy as it would appear. We have checked the whole of the options and here are a few CPU Coolers that we could find. We would assume these would suffice your needs and be helpful in your search for the best in the standard configuration.
The standard ILM design has been assumed to be the best as a means of saving space. Moreover, with the current trend of compact systems call for the narrow ILM design. However, we still have the standard Square ILM design, and it is one of the options that can not be done away with just so early.
1. Noctua Dual Tower CPU Cooler
The CPU Cooler has been designed for Intel LGA 2011-0/LGA 2011-3 Square ILM/1156/1155/1150 and AMD AM2/AM2+/AM3/3+, FM1/2 NH-D9L. The cooler offers you an efficient cooling efficiency.
Key Features –
- The cooler blows heat away from the motherboard. Parallel air flow parallels to the motherboard is what offers practical cooling effects.
- Low height makes them the best choice for 3U Chassis
- They have designed not to overhand RAM.
- It offers you a perfect contact pressure and maximum convenience
Price – [amazon_link asins=’B00QCEWTAW’ template=’PriceLink’ store=’foi04-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’50d6872e-0f35-11e8-a2de-4b838fc92011′]
2. Dynatron B9 Intel Xeon FCLGA3647 Square ILM Socket 1U Active CPU Cooler
This is one of the best CPU Cooler with square ILM socket. The cooler is best suited for ntel® Xeon® Platinum / Gold Family Processor.
Key Features –
- The cooler is suitable for 1U and higher servers.
- It comes with Aluminum Heatsink with Heatpipe Embedded
- CPU Power support up to 150 Watts.
- The CPU cooler has Thermal Grease Pre-Printed with Shin-Etsu G751
- The product is made of Vapor chamber base with Copper stacked fin
Price – [amazon_link asins=’B0773FNRW6′ template=’PriceLink’ store=’foi04-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’e7a8264d-0f35-11e8-a0b2-5df267d5b350′]
3. Noctua i4 CPU Cooler for Intel Xeon CPU_ LGA2011
Another CPU Cooler from Noctua that offers you standard Square ILM functionality. It provides you a quieter operation in cooling your motherboard.
Key Features –
- The CPU cooler comes with four heat pipes.
- The best upgrade and an excellent option for quiet cooling performance.
- The cooler offers you with a unique SSO bearing.
- You have access to advanced aerodynamic optimization.
- Automatic speed control options.
You can get it on various marketplaces (Online & Offline)
Price – [amazon_link asins=’B00E1JGFA0′ template=’PriceLink’ store=’foi04-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’7df9bf0d-0f36-11e8-9a63-272ea69ce6c3′]
4. BK009 Pure Rock – CPU Cooler
The brand name reads ‘be quiet,’ and that should say it all. A veteran in the arena of CPU cooling, their coolers tend to be a little expensive.
Key features –
- It offers you a high cooling capacity.
- The cooler is compatible with Intel LGA 775 / 1150 / 1155 / 1156 / 1366 / 2011(-3)
- They work well with AMD Socket AM2(+) / AM3(+) / AM4 / FM1 / FM2(+)
- Unique design that allows mounting on top of the motherboard, thus it enhances convenience.
- The CPU cooler comes with four heat pipes with Aluminium caps. It ensures that high performance is guaranteed.
- You have a compact design that saves space in addition to improving cooling efficiency.
Price – [amazon_link asins=’B00OB40ULU’ template=’PriceLink’ store=’foi04-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’efd7ae5d-0f36-11e8-b4b0-b1b63e6d0390′]
5. Cooler Master MA610P RGB CPU Air Cooler
The MA610P is best suited for the high profile users. Maybe an excellent option for the gamers and they can indeed push their system to the upper limit. You can be assured of the best cooling experience with the Coolermaster CPU coolers.
Key Features –
- The CPU cooler comes with six heat pipes.
- You can get CDC 2.0 technology.
- The service offers you Dual Master fan
- You have a specially designed top cover.
- The CPU Cooler comes with six different modes
- The CPU Cooler supports Intel/AMD AM4 Support.
Price – [amazon_link asins=’B076KNKR73′ template=’PriceLink’ store=’foi04-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’ce2bba0c-0f37-11e8-96f3-3b8cca49a14b’]
6. Dynatron B14 3U Active CPU Cooler
The CPU Cooler is an excellent option for an LGA 3647 socket size and ideally designed to work with Intel Xeon Platinum / Gold Family Processor. It comes with an LGA 3647 socket with square ILM. It offers Aluminium heatsink with heat-pipe for CPU power up to 250 watts.
The fan comes with a single 80mm PWM Fan and fits on the Xeon CPU quite well. Overall, perfectly suitable for the narrow ILM sockets.
- It supports Intl CPUs, especially Intel Skylake products
- The material used – Aluminum Heatsink with Heatpipe Embedded
- Fan Dimensions – 80 x 80 x 25 mm
7. Noctua NH-U14S DX-3647
One of the recently launched CPU coolers for Intel Xeon processors, it is the premium of the two listed on this article. In sharp contrast to the belief that the higher CPU count would translate into more cooling fans with high sound output, the Noctua NH-U14S DX-3647 offer quieter operations. The NH-U14S comes with a silent 140mm fan and 6 head-pipes for efficient cooling.
It supports both the narrow & the square type LGA3647 sockets, explicitly designed for Intel Skylake based Xeon Scalable platform. The fan on the NH-U14S supports PWM for automatic speed control using the motherboard’s thermal settings. It can be silent at idle and with full CFM performance when necessary.
- It is one of the prime choices for the premium grade quiet cooling performance.
- The CPU cooler supports both square and narrow type socket platforms.
- An enlarged contact surface at 70x56mm will make it an excellent choice for the integrated heat spreaders on Intel Xeon processors.
- The NF-A15 140mm premium fan is built with proprietary AAO standard and a precise aerodynamic design.
Well, as we mentioned before, it is a little challenging to find the CPU coolers with Square ILM are quite a more onerous task. However, we searched through a host of service providers and manufacturers and then arrived at what appeared to be the best to our conscience. Not that the list is exhaustive and over everything else. We have attempted listing out the best that would come to our attention.
Have you used any of these CPU Coolers for your needs? Do share your opinions with us as to which of these did you find practical and useful. If you think we have missed any of the excellent options that would offer better functionality than the ones we have listed out, you can share them as well with us. We may include them in our update to this post in future.