How to Manage Pop ups and Compatibility Settings in IE 11
Chrome might be the dominant browser in the consumer market, but Internet Explorer still leads the enterprise browsing market. This is due to a variety of reasons. First, backward compatibility to older enterprise apps. Secondly, all the major enterprise applications like SharePoint, Dynamics CRM and others use the IE standards. Most Enterprise desktops and laptops will not have any other browsers apart from IE due to security and other reasons. So, in this post, I am going to talk about how to manage pop ups and Compatibility Settings in IE 11.
How to adjust the Pop-up Blocker settings in IE:
- Navigate to the Tools menu and select Internet Options.
- Click the Privacy tab.
Note: The Pop-up Blocker is enabled by default, and will prevent most pop-up windows from opening.
Click on > Settings button and perform the following actions:
- Adjust the filter level based on user preference (High, Medium, or Low).
How to Allow pop-up windows from a particular Web site in IE 11
To do this, enter the web address under “Address of Web site to allow”, and then click the Add button.
- You can optionally select your preference(s) for playing a sound if a pop-up window is blocked by IE.
- Please select your preference for showing the Information Bar when a pop-up window is blocked.
- You may select any other preferred settings, and click on the Close button.
Click on the Apply and Close buttons on the Internet Options windows to save your IE setting changes. It is recommended to close all instances of Internet Explorer and restart Internet Explorer for your changes to go into effect.