How to Enable Tabbed Browsing in Internet Explorer 11 on Windows
I have already spoken about managing Pop-ups in IE 11 in my other post. Sometimes when you are working with multiple Windows, any new window can appear either in a new Window or a new Tab. In this post, I am going to talk about how to enable tabbed browsing in internet explorer 11 on Windows 10.
When using IE 11 in tabbed browsing, new tabs which are created may not be switched to new tabs automatically by default. It will require users to click on the new tab to view it.
Note: the steps below are for IE 11. This may appear slightly different for you depending on which version of IE you are using.
- To access the Internet Explorer Options from within Internet Explorer Window, click on the “Settings menu” then click on “Internet Options” below.
- To access the tabbed browsing options found on the “General” tab in the Tabs section, click on the “Tabs” button.
- To enable tabbed browsing to check the box titled “Open Links from Other Programs in” and select “New Tab in the Current Window.” This setting causes new screens to appear in a new tab rather than a new window.
- To configure IE so that it automatically switches to new tabs, check the box titled “Always switch to new tabs when they are created.”
- In the “When a pop-up is encountered” section, choose “Always open pop-ups in a new tab.”
Hopefully, this should help you utilize tabbed browsing it its full potential. Feel free to drop us your comments and suggestions in the comment section below. Cheers!