The processor (SoC) chipset decides the overall performance of smartphones and tablets. The speed of operation, gaming performance, GPU performance, battery life, camera capabilities all rely on the type of chipset present in your smartphone or tablet. The discussion of this article is all about the three different chipsets –Helio G90T, Snapdragon 730, and Kirin 810. Before jumping to the detailed comparison between them, let’s look at the description of each of them to understand their working fully:
The Mediatek Helio G90T is widely popular as an upper mainstream ARM SoC for smartphones launched last year. This chipset is manufactured in a 12 nm FinFET process. In Helio G90T, the appropriate combination of hardware and software conveys high performance, unparalleled image quality, continuous connectivity, and flawless responsive action. Whether you play the most demanding games or work on the Microsoft Office products, there will be no compromise regarding responsiveness. The MediaTek Helio G90T processor is a feature-rich and quite powerful processor that conveys the benefit of high-end gaming to people.
It is known that this product comes with LTE Cat-12 network support. Moreover, there is an Intelligent Dual Mic Wake-up feature. This feature is aimed to boost the performance of voice assistants like Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant. The fast GPU and support for more RAM make G90T unique. The company has also shown the G90T frame rates infamous games, and it works efficiently. The game launching speeds are better than those in Snapdragon 730G.
From the appearance, the Helio G90T certainly looks like a powerful processor. Intelligent Resource Management makes sure you obtain a flawless gaming experience without excess power consumption.
- The Mediatek Helio G90T is equipped with two large ARM Cortex-A76 cores with speeds up to 2.05 GHz. There are 6 power-efficient ARM Cortex-A55 cores with speeds up to 2 GHz in two clusters (big little).
- This chip integrates an ARM Mali-G76 3EEMC4 clocked at 800 MHz.
- The built-in LTE modem supports Cat-12 600 Mbps download speeds and Cat-13 150 Mbps upload speeds. Moreover, Wi-Fi 5 (a/b/g/n/ac) also comes integrated. The memory controller supports LPDDR3 and LPDDR4x with a maximum speed of up to 2,133 MHz and a storage capacity of up to 10 GB capacity.
- It supports up to 10GB of RAM, up to 90Hz displays, and 64MP primary sensor on a quad camera setup.
- The implemented HyperEngine game technology contains a networking engine to optimize the connection made between the smartphone and its cellular network. According to the claims of MediaTek, this engine can provide up to 50% faster response than similar other competitive solutions in a crowded network environment.
- The in-house technology by MediaTek conveys the dual Wi-Fi connection support. It enables a single smartphone antenna to connect with two routers or two Wi-Fi bands concurrently.
- It supports a night shot mode and works with a multi-camera framework that allows multiple lens choices.
The Snapdragon 730 chipset uses the industry-leading AI (deep learning) into a mobile platform to provide exceptional image capturing abilities (Spectra), improved gaming, and optimized performance in the 7 Series. The working of this chipset is powered by the industry-leading 4th generation Qualcomm® AI Engine. The Snapdragon 730 chipset powers many smartphone models, and they are still being released because this is not an old chipset. The leading brand Samsung was the first to use the Snapdragon 730 on one of its mid-range phones, released during mid-2019.
The Snapdragon 730 is dedicated to offering powerful performance and extraordinary battery life. This chipset is created to handle a few of the most complex on-device interactions. The lithography used is an 8nm process for presenting high power efficiency in a compact size.
The Qualcomm Snapdragon 730 is a fast mid-range ARM-based SoC widely found on Android tablets and smartphones. The smartphones and tablets equipped with Snapdragon 730 add remarkable realism to gaming through cinema-quality processing, vibrant graphics, and real HDR gaming in more than 1 billion shades of color. The Snapdragon 730 also excels in wireless connectivity because it is Qualcomm’sfirst platform equipped with Wi-Fi 6-ready.
- The Snapdragon 730’s configuration features an octa-core arrangement segmented into two clusters.
- A fast performance cluster includes two ARM Cortex-A76 cores that are clocked at a maximum speed of up to 2.2 GHz. Also, a power efficiency cluster consisting of 6 small ARM Cortex-A55 cores clocked at a maximum speed of up to 1.8 GHz.
- Based on the workload, only single clusters or every core can operate at varying clock speeds.
- The wireless connectivity features supported are a fast X15 LTE radio (800 Mbps Cat 15 download, 150 Mbps Cat 13 upload), satellite positioning (GPS, GLONASS, QZSS, SBAS, Galileo, and Beidou), Wi-Fi 6 wireless radio (802.11ax), and USB-C 3.1.
- It comes with Spectra 350 ISP, H.265 4K30 video en- and decode, Hexagon 688 DSP, an Adreno 618 Grafikkarte, and an LPDDR4X-3733 dual-channel memory controller.
- The Qualcomm Spectra ISP offers up to 4 times power savings. It also comes with features like 4K HDR video capture with Portrait Mode. The Qualcomm Spectra ISP allows capturing photos and videos in HEIF format to make sure the file sizes are reduced.
- A built-in Snapdragon X15 LTE modem provides extraordinary LTE download & upload speeds over and above the breakthrough Wi-Fi performance.
Kirin 810 is an octa-core mid-range performance mobile ARM SoC based on 64-bit architecture. It was introduced by HiSilicon last year. This chipset is fabricated on the 7nm process by TSMC. The Kirin 810 is considered the cutting-edge mid-tier chipset from Huawei. It is the second chipset from Huawei prepared on 7nm fabrication.
The configuration showcases two Cortex-A76 big cores running at a maximum speed of up to 2.27 GHz, along with 6 Cortex-A55 little cores running at a maximum speed of up to 1.88 GHz. It comes with ARM’s Mali-G52 MP6 GPU. This GPU is known to deliver 162% better performance than the GPU embedded in Kirin 710.
It is important to note that the Mali-G52 MP6 offers up to 44% higher frame rates than the Adreno 618 present in the Snapdragon 730. With the setup of this SoC, it is sure that your smartphone or tablet will deliver an improved gaming experience. There will be a noticeable improvement in the AI FM scheduling tech, GPU load optimization, GPU essential driver updates, and HD game effects optimization.
To let this chipset surpass its competitors, Huawei has used the DaVinci NPU (Neural Processing Unit). The same is based on Rubik’s Cube Quantitative Stereo Arithmetic Unit. This unit will enable the chipset to complete AI tasks quickly. It is known that this unit makes the performance of AI tasks faster than MediaTek Helio P90 and Snapdragon 855. So, it is better to choose Kirin 810 than other chipsets when it comes to AI tasks. The corresponding AI system of NPU capable of forecasting GPU overload and varies the frequency as needed. It is possible to get confused about which smartphones this chipset will be incorporated. It will be available in the midrange Huawei and Honor smartphones; the first one is the Nova 5.
The inclusion of 8 threads, 8 cores, and a maximum frequency of 2.2 GHz lets it deliver efficient performance. Since the chipset is based on 7nm fabrication, it is expected to consume low power. Moreover, the ARM Cortex-A76 architecture allows the chipset to deliver flagship-level CPU performance.
- With this chipset’s setup, your device can track frame rates, touch input changes, and many more in real-time.
- Due to the NPU, the CPU, GPU, and memory can run more efficiently for a longer period.
- The Kirin 810 comes with a flagship-grade IVP + ISP with an advanced pixel processing unit and superior white balance algorithm. Also, it can reduce noise when processing RAW images.
- There would be more details when capturing low-light photos.
- It comes with an efficient night vision algorithm to deliver higher brightness and enhancement intolerance.
- Other features include HiAI 2.0 technology from Huawei, AI gaming, AI video, and AI US audio.
- It comes with support for Kirin Gaming + Technology and dual card dual standby (Dual VoLTE).
Comparison of Helio G90T vs Snapdragon 730 vs Kirin 810:
|Lithography||12 nm||8 nm||7 nm FinFET|
|CPU||CPU Clock Speed: Up to 2.05 GHz|
CPU Cores: octa-core – 4x ARM Cortex A55, 4x Cortex A76
CPU Architecture: 64-bit
|CPU Clock Speed: Up to 2.2 GHz|
CPU Cores: Qualcomm® Kryo™ 470 CPU, Octa-core CPU
CPU Architecture: 64-bit
|CPU Clock Speed: Up to 2.2 GHz|
CPU Cores: 6x ARM Cortex-A55, 2x ARM Cortex-A76
CPU Architecture: 64-bit
|GPU||Mali G76 3EEMC4 800 MHz||Adreno 618||ARM Mali-G52 MP6 820 MHz|
|Camera||Up to 24 + 16 MP dual cameras||Dual Camera: Up to 22MP, Single Camera: Up to 48MP, Single Camera: Up to 192MP||802.11a/b/g/n/ac|
|Video features||Up to 4K Ultra HD at 30 fps||Up to 4K Ultra HD Premium video playback, HEVC video capture formats||4K 2160pUltra HD, HDR10 @30fps|
|Display||Up to Full HD+||FHD+, 2520×1080 pixels||QHD+, 2160 x 3360 pixels, HDR10 content supported|
|Memory||Up to 10 GB, dual-channel LPDDR4X at 2133 MHz|
eMMC 5.1 / UFS 2.1 internal storage
Cellular Modem: LTE Cat.12 Download, Cat.13 Upload
|Wi-Fi 6-ready Bluetooth 5|
Cellular Modem: X15 LTE Modem
|Wi-Fi 2.4 GHz, 5 GHz|
Cellular Modem: LTE Cat.12/13 UL
|Location||GPS, GLONASS, Beidou, Galileo||Satellite Systems Support: Beidou, Galileo, GLONASS, GPS, QZSS, SBAS||GPS, GLONASS|
|Charging Mechanism||Fast battery charging||Qualcomm® Quick Charge™ 4+ technology||SuperCharge 2.0|
The choice of the right chipset for your smartphone or tablet lays a significant impact on the overall output. If you are sensitive about the overall performance of your device in terms of processing, gaming, speed, connectivity, battery life, and many more aspects, you can consider the inclusion of any one of these three chipsets in your device.