The Sandisk Connect Wireless USB device is a great option for all those iPhone/iPad users who are struggling to make some extra space. Apple sold a lot of those 16GB storage options with their phones/tablets for a long time where space runs out easily. What the Sandisk Connect Wireless USB offers you is to be able to backup your photos, videos, files, and contacts externally using WiFi (Either Ad-Hoc or in Infrastructure Mode) using a companion app. The Sandisk Connect Wireless USB in iPhones & iPads are easy to configure and you should be able to access the content in no time.
How to Configure the Sandisk Connect Wireless USB in iPhones & iPAD’s
Here is the step by step walkthrough to configure a Sandisk Connect Wireless USB device:
- Step 1: Download and install the Sandisk Connect Wireless USB companion app from here.
- Step 2: After when the installation is complete, Open the App to configure it with your Apple device. Ensure that the Sandisk Connect is adequately charged or is connected to a power source. Do not connect it to a PC, else the configuration will not be possible.
- Step 3: Go to your iPhone’s/iPad’s WiFi settings and search for the Sandisk connect SSID. Connect to it. Now from the companion app, select your device to get into the settings.
- Step 4: Once you have configured the Sandisk Connect Wireless USB device with your iPhone and iPad, configure the device’s access to the local home WiFi connection.
- Step 5: Please refer to the screenshot below. Tap on the “Internet Connection” option and select your home network and connect to it. Provide the Username/Password when prompted.
Note: The home network can only be configured when you connect to the device directly.
The next steps would be to setup your camera roll backup settings to backup your photos externally to the drive. Here are the steps:
- Step 1: Open the companion app and tap on the option “Camera Roll Backup“
- Step 2: Select the items that you want to transfer (Photos/Videos) and a file retention policy.
- Step 3: Tab on “Backup Now“
See the screenshots below for your referance:
There is also an alternative option to directly connect the device via. a web browser which can be accessed from any device including a PC. I hope this was helpful. Do drop us a comment below in the comment section for any suggestions that you may have.