AMD recently launched the X470 motherboards. There has been a good deal of motherboards available in the range of $120 to $180. Coming from the bigwigs like Asus, MSI, and Gigabyte, these new motherboards have been promising enough. Are you looking for budget X470 motherboards that you can lay your hands on at an affordable price tag of approximately $150? We will list out a few good options you can try out.
Budget X470 Motherboards: Our Recommendations
We looked through the options and found plenty of motherboards available under the price tag of $150. Not that any of these are cheaply made either. We have checked for the specifications and user reviews before putting them down for your reference.
Check out the affordable X470 motherboards and opt for the one that best meets your needs. Since the newly launched Athlon 200 GE is socket compatible with AM4, we highly recommend them for great budget builds.
1. Gigabyte X470 AORUS Ultra Gaming
One of the best options with the excellent audio solution, the Gigabyte X470 AORUS Ultra Gaming is indeed your value for money motherboard. The motherboard packs in a host of special features, noteworthy among them being multizone GB design, M.2 thermal guard and support for Supports AMD Ryzen 1st & 2nd Gen.
Some of the features that would make it an excellent choice including
- Dual Channel Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4
- The 8+3 Hybrid Digital Power Design ensures that the power-hungry components of the motherboard are correctly handled.
- The M.2 thermal guard takes care of dissipating the heat an easy affair
- The availability of USB 3.1 Gen 2 will ensure transfer speeds up to 10 Gb per sec.
- The built-in ALC1220-VB Immersive Gaming ViBes provides you with the best audio experience while gaming.
Price – $109.99
A Couple of Queries You may Have –
Q – Does it come with WiFi adapter or separate purchase required?
A – The motherboard comes with built-in WiFi
Q – How many RAM slots available?
A – Four
Q – Can I use a 3000 MHz RAM with it?
A – You should be able to use one, but we do not recommend it.
2. MSI Performance Gaming AMD X470 Motherboard
Are you looking for an option for the best in class gaming motherboard? You can give MSI Performance Gaming AMD X470 a try. The customization options provided by the motherboard should ideally make it one of the grand bargain.
Some of the features that we found interesting enough include
- Support for AMD RYZEN Series Processors and 7th Gen A-series/ Athlon Processors
- It comes with a DDR4 Boost functionality to provide a boost to your DDR4 memory
- The motherboard supports multi GPU options.
- Support for AMD crossfire
- Mystic Light Sync technology sync with your gaming rig.
- Specifically built hardcore gaming enthusiasts and PC die-hard fans.
Price – Check on Amazon
A few Queries You may Have –
Q – Does the motherboard come with SATA III cables?
A – Yes, you get the cables as part of the package
Q – Will it work with GTX 1080 graphics card?
A – Yes, it would work.
Q – Can I use it with a mid-sized tower case?
A – Yes, it should fit a mid-tower case easily.
3. Asus TUF X470-PLUS GAMING
The motherboard is powered by AMD Ryzen 2 AM4 processor and offers you a 24 x 7 gaming experience. On the face of it, you may thin the motherboard is quite a low end, but that is just the façade.
ASUS has been making attempts at broadening its portfolio with the TUF branding. And it succeeds in making it the best option for the value for money segment.
What qualifies it to make it to this list? Here are our reasons and entirely valid enough –
- The TUF gaming alliance itself should be one of the major plus points. A collaboration between the well-known brands like Ballistix, Cooler Master, Corsair, G.Skill, In Win and Thermaltake – that should be a gamers’ paradise.
- An excellent aesthetics provided by ASUS Aura for the best in class RGB lighting.
- With the USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A, you can experience the ultrafast performance regarding transfer speeds up to 10 Gbps.
- The TUF range of components offers you a never seen before durability.
- World class shearing resistance and retention with the Asus SafeSlot.
- An excellent Fan Xpert 4 Core ensures an optimum temperature as it sources the temperature details from three sources.
Price – $131.74
A Few Queries You may Have –
Q – What are the M.2 sizes available?
A- It comes with two M.2 slots. Both can fit 2242, 2260, or 2280, but not 22110
Q – Does it have a TPM socket?
A – No, it does not come with TPM slot.
Q – Does it support 3000 MHz DDR4 RAM?
A – We would advise you to check out the official website for the compatibility of the RAM modules.
4. MSI X470GPLUS Performance Gaming AMD X470
Immersive gaming experience is what you would enjoy with this motherboard. The motherboard comes with MSI Audio Boost that enhances the sound quality. Go with the exciting, game-changing scenario ever.
You also have access to high-end BIOS (UEFI) that offers highly scalable fonts and search functionality.
A few features that would make it an exciting option include
- An excellent cooling performance.
- The smart fan optimization technology lets you manage the speed and temperatures efficiently. This enhances the system durability.
- The MSI Mystic light technology lets you customize your color scheme to suit your mood and theme.
- Thee DDR4 technology ensures memory enhancement.
- Multi GPU compatibility with PCIe slots. It also supports 3-Way AMD Crossfire
- Automatic optimization features for VR utilization.
- Go for the best online gaming experience with GAMING LAN with LAN Protect.
Price – $129.99
A few Queries You may Have –
Q – WiFi dual band available?
A – No.
Q – What is the amount of DRAM supported?
A – it supports up to 64 GB of DRAM
Q – Does it come with an onboard GPU?
A – No. You will need to buy a new graphics card unless the processor has it inbuilt.
5. GIGABYTE X470 AORUS Gaming 5 WiFi
One of the best motherboards for the gaming freaks, it offers you thermal guard for M.2 and USB 3.1 Gen2 (Type-C + Type-A) for the faster data transfers. The M.2 Thermal guard is one of the thoughtful additions to eradicate throttling due to heat accumulation.
A few features we found interesting enough include
- The 8+3 Hybrid Digital Power Design offers precise control over the power requirements for the power hungry components.
- USB 3.1 Gen2 (Type-C + Type-A) offers you faster data transfers up to 10 Gbps.
- Integrated Intel 802.11ac Wave 2 WiFi that ensures gigabit wireless services with ease.
- Faster speeds for a smoother video streaming and a lesser number of dropped connections.
- Multi-zone RGB design ensures that you have complete control over the appearance of your motherboard.
- 2-Way CrossFire/ SLI Graphics Support with Dual Armor and Ultra Durable Design
Price – $174.99
A few Queries you may have –
Q – Can it handle SLI and Crossfire?
A – Yes, the motherboard is capable of handling both of them
Q – Can I install GTX 1070 Graphics card on the motherboard?
A – Yes, you will be able to use the GTX 1070 graphics card
Q – Can I use GTX1070 SLI with this motherboard?
A – Yes, the GTX 1070 SLI has supported the motherboard.
The Concluding Thoughts
Well, those were a few top class motherboards utilizing the X470 architecture that you can lay your hands at affordable pricing. Of course, you can check out a few excellent options beyond that pricing of $ 150, but we have focussed on the low end of the rung for those looking for the budget options. Not that any of the motherboards included in this compilation are substandard regarding quality or performance. These should live up to your expectations and provide you with a long lasting service.
Which motherboards among the ones we have listed would you opt for? Share your reasons and expectations from these capable motherboards. If you have already been using any of them, feel free to share your experiences with these motherboards. You may also share your inputs on any other options we can give a try too.