Why would you need a wireless mouse with on and off buttons you ask? The ON-OFF button on the bottom enables you to turn this off while not in use over longer periods to conserve battery.
Wireless mouse is one of the ideal options for the ergonomic and comfortable connectivity options. However, most of the wireless mice tend to be in an always On status. This can be a little troublesome if you manage to get disturbed with the light emitted by the mouse when you sleep. Of course, it can also have a few other disadvantages as well. How about an optical mouse that has an on-off button? Here are a few wireless mice that come with a physical On-Off switch.
Related Reading: Ergonomic Ambidextrous Gaming Mouse for left-handed People
Best Wireless Mouse with On and Off Buttons in 2019
We understand the need for your comfortability and power saving features in a wireless mouse. That is precisely why we have pinpointed our top picks for the best wireless mice with on-off buttons. So, without wasting time, let us check out the high-end wireless mice for the best experience.
1. JINHEZO Nano 2.4G Wireless Optical Mouse Switch
An excellent option for the best experience concerning ergonomic design and power saving features, it is one of the most affordable options you can ever lay your hands on. Best suited for office or home usage, this is one of the budget choices you can opt for.
A few features that impressed us are
- Two AAA batteries power the mouse.
- The On-Off switch ensures the power saving functionality.
- The mouse does not need a specific mouse pad and works on almost all surfaces except on glass.
- The wireless range offered is up to 10 meters over 2.4 GHz.
- The rubberized grip offers you a smoother performance
If you think the mouse is best suited for your needs, you can check it out at this link on Amazon.
A few FAQs
Q – Does the mouse come with batteries?
A – No, you will need to buy them separately.
Q – Does it work with Windows 8?
A –Yes, it works with Windows 8 and 8.1
2. Logitech M220 Silent Wireless Mobile Mouse
One of the most quieter options for your wireless connectivity options, the Logitech M220 Silent Wireless mouse offers you 90 percent reduced click sound. The comfortable shape should make it an excellent choice for handling it efficiently.
A few features that make it a great choice are
- The mouse connects easily through the nano receiver connected to your USB port.
- A reliable and long-range functionality with a range of up to 33 feet.
- 18-month battery life as per the company.
- The ambidextrous shape makes it an excellent mouse for your needs.
- Advanced optical tracking and high-performance pairing.
If you like the mouse and want to make it your own, you can check it out at this link on Amazon.
A Few FAQs
Q – Does it come with a visible laser?
A – No, the mouse comes with an invisible laser
Q – Where shall I find the drivers for the mouse?
A – You will not need the drivers. The mouse is a plug and plays compatible operating systems such as Windows and Mac.
3. Logitech MX Anywhere 2S Wireless Mouse
What if you are looking for the cross-compatibility with multiple computers? The Logitech MX Anywhere 2S Wireless Mouse is an excellent option for those needs. You have access to a unifying receiver for dual connectivity features.
What makes it a great choice in this compilation? Here are our reasons –
- The mouse can work anywhere and on any surface. It even works on a glass surface.
- It works with a rechargeable battery and offers you a 70 days power supply.
- An excellent hyper-fast scrolling.
- You can even work seamlessly across multiple computers. You can also work with activities like navigating and copy pasting.
- A 3-minute charge lets you work for a full day, while a full load will enable you to work for 70 days on the go.
If you find the mouse a good option for your use-case, why not check it out on Amazon.
A few FAQs
Q – What type of sensor does the mouse come with?
A – It works with Darkfield Laser Sensor technology
Q – Which connectivity options does it use?
A- It comes with multiple connectivity options – Wireless, Bluetooth, and USB
4. Microsoft 7MM-00001 Wireless Mobile Mouse
The mouse is designed for the life on the go and offers the built-in trans-receiver. What makes it one of the excellent options for ambidextrous usage. It should be the best you can get for the best mobile usage.
What is the feature that makes it one of the best choices for the mouse with an on-off switch? The following reasons may be the best you can go with –
- You have access to 2.4 GHz wireless technology.
- The mouse offers you a range of up to 15 feet.
- You will be able to use the mouse with Android, Windows, and Mac with ease.
- The mouse offers you up to 6 hours of battery backup.
- The plug and play compatibility should make it an excellent choice.
If you are interested, check it out here on Amazon.
A Few FAQs
Q- Does it work on Windows 7?
A – Yes, it can work with Windows 7
Q – What is movement resolution of the mouse?
A – it comes with the 1000 dpi resolution.
5. HP 2.4GHz Wireless Mouse X3000
With a reliable 2.4 GHz connectivity option, this is an excellent option for the roam free wireless freedom. It provides you with one of the best efficient and long-lasting battery life. A natural contour and low profile are what would make it a great choice.
A few salient features that make it a great option can be summarised as
- The long-lasting battery offers you up to 12 hours of backup
- You can stay connected for distances up to 10 meters.
- HP assures you a battery life up to 12 months.
- The textured grips will be helpful in handling it effectively with left or right hands.
- You can get an assured accuracy with 1600 dpi optical sensor.
Do you think you should give it a try? Check it out on Amazon today.
A few FAQs
Q – Does it work with Mac?
A – The mouse is designed to work with Windows. You can try though.
Q – Does it work with Windows 8.1?
A – Yes, it works with Windows 8 and 8.1, as well as Windows 10.
Tabulated comparison between the wireless mice:
Now that we have understood the wireless mice that offer you an On-off switch, how about comparing them with one another in a side by side comparison? This will perhaps be more helpful in understanding the concept better.
|Features / particulars||JINHEZO Nano 2.4G||Logitech M220 Silent||Logitech MX Anywhere 2S Wireless Mouse||Microsoft 7MM-00001 Wireless Mobile Mouse||HP 2.4GHz Wireless Mouse X3000|
|Color||Black||Black||Light grey||Black||Empress Red|
|Physical Dimensions||3.54 x 2.36 x 1.18 in||1.54 x 3.89 x 2.36 in||1.77 x 7.09 x 5.51 in||—||2.24 x 3.73 x 1.54 in|
|Sensor technology||Optical||—||Darkfield laser||Optical||—|
|Weight||2.4 Ounces||1.76 Ounces||0.53 pounds||1.74 Pounds||3.53 Ounces|
|OS Compatibility||Windows XP onwards||Windows 8 Onwards||Windows XP onwards||Windows 10||—|
|Wireless range||10 meters||10 meters||10 meters||10 meters||10 meters|
Almost all the wireless mice listed in this compilation come with excellent functionality and features. Coming from the reliable and established players, you can expect all the mice featured here should provide you optimum performance and durability.
The Concluding Thoughts
That was a list of the top end wireless mice with an on-off switch. We have made it a point to list out only those options that are from the reliable manufacturers and have a few good reviews. Choose a mouse depending upon the operating system you are on. We have focussed on the Windows ecosystem, but you can check if the mouse is supported on Mac as well.
Have you used any of the wireless mice outlined above? If yes, do share your experiences with us. Use the comment section down below for any questions or suggestions. Thanks for visiting!