In this article, we are listing out the Snapdragon wear 3100 watches, either available or already announced.
The Qualcomm Snapdragon 3100 is the next-generation smartwatch platform. It is based on the latest ultra-low power hierarchical system architecture. Within the corresponding hierarchical architecture, several components are working together to deliver the best performance for wearables. These components come with efficient integrated DSP, high-performance quad-core Cortex A7 processor, and the ultra-low power co-processor. All these components work collectively with each other to re-establish smartwatch experiences.
Here is a quick comparison between Snapdragon 2100 vs. 3100:
|CPU||Snapdragon 2100||Snapdragon 3100|
|Core CPU Features||4x ARM Cortex A7 – Up to 1.2 GHz, 32-bit||Up to 1.2 GHz Quad-Core 4x ARM Cortex A7, 32-bit|
21 mm² package
|Lithography Process||28 nm||28 nm|
|Cellular Modem||Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ X5 LTE modem|
LTE FDD, CDMA, GSM
|Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ X5 LTE modem|
LTE FDD, CDMA, GSM
Bluetooth 4.1, BLE, NFC
USB 2.0 support
Beidou, Galileo, GLONASS, GPS
Bluetooth 4.2, BLE, NFC
USB 2.0 support
|Display||640×480 VGA Up to 60 FPS||640×480 VGA Up to 60 FPS|
|GPU||Qualcomm® Adreno™ 304 GPU|
OpenGL ES 3.0 API Support
|Qualcomm® Adreno™ 304 GPU|
OpenGL ES 3.0 API Support
|Memory||400MHz DDR3 RAM|
eMMC 4.5 ROM Storage
|400MHz DDR3 RAM|
eMMC 4.5 ROM Storage
The Snapdragon 3100 is essentially a low-power chipset, and unlike the budget-oriented 2100 chip, the 3100 platforms are uniquely designed for the high-end smartwatch. It conveys a wide range of innovation so that you can see the cutting-edge smartwatches perform quicker and more efficient with improved battery life.
List of Snapdragon Wear 3100 Watches
The present discussion is centered on all the best Snapdragon wear 3100 watches currently. It came to know that Snapdragon Wear 3100 is prepared out of 4 A7 big cores, a DSP, and a small co-processor. Its architectural design will feature a robust design and several fitness tracking features. Take a look at the best Snapdragon wear 3100 watches to get a complete idea:
|Louis Vuitton||Tambour Horizon 2nd Gen:|
|Fossil||Sport Smartwatch (Gen 5 Based):|
|Fossil||Gen 5 Wear OS Touchscreen Smartwatch (Carlyle Stainless Steel)|
|Montblanc||Summit 2 Plus|
|Motorola||Moto 360 3rd Gen|
1. Louis Vuitton Tambour Horizon 2nd Gen:
This 2nd Gen smartwatch from Louis Vuitton is mostly a fantastic luxury smartwatch equipped with a chic design and tons of fascinating features. These features convey it to surpass several other high-end smartwatches.
Taking a look at its design, it boasts a stylish appearance and exceptional design. It conveys the identical design as its predecessor and signifies the perfect touches of luxury. This smartwatch comes with a reasonably sized 42mm case, so it is found quite simple to use for many people. Being only 12.6 mm thickness, it is not at all bulky.
It came to know that this Tambour Horizon 2nd Gen is not the most elegant choice for fitness tracking. It is equipped with an accelerometer and gyroscope sensors. It is capable of tracking your distance, steps, and physical activities accurately. Also, it is essential to note that this smartwatch does not come with a built-in GPS and a heart rate sensor (HRM).
The users acclaimed how it proves to be the best companion for your cell phone. Since it is a Bluetooth enabled watch, it will always keep you connected with notifications and a few other updates right from your phone. With the availability of WiFi, it makes sure the user always stays connected even when it is not paired with a phone.
The critical aspect to note about this snapdragon 3100 wear watch is battery efficient operations. Looking at its battery life, it is quite impressive and long-lasting too. The manufacturer mentioned that the battery life must last up to one day on typical usage.
In terms of compatibility, this watch can seamlessly work with Android 4.4+ and iOS 9.3+ OS. Once connected to a compatible device, the Tambour Horizon 2nd gen watch makes sure you always stay connected. It comes with notifications for emails, text messages, calls, schedules, and some other push-notifications from native as well as third-party apps available on your watch.
Inside its structure, there is the inclusion of an NFC chip which supports Google pay. So, you can easily make payments instantly from the watch. For added customization, it comes with the custom watch face and changeable straps. With the use of durable top-grade materials, this watch is built to last.
- The size of the display is 1.2 inches display, and it is being powered by AMOLED through high resolution. So, the output picture quality is incredibly sharp. This display is a touchscreen type and showcases a swivel digital crown button. Therefore, the navigation of the interface becomes smooth, and using Wear OS becomes simple.
- On its screen, there is a sapphire glass, which is one of the most robust materials utilized in the industry. This glass material comes with high durability and excellent resistance to scratch.
- When the watch only mode is enabled, it allows the smartwatch to work up to 5 days.
- It comes with an enormous memory of 8GB ROM, and it is sufficient to take up all your files as well as app installations. Moreover, it also comes with 1GB RAM for the Snapdragon 3100 to make sure the watch responds quickly to remove annoying lags.
- There is the inclusion of a microphone, which allows you to attend calls directly from the watch. It would receive your commands through the advanced Google Assistant.
- Being rated 3ATM, this Louis Vuitton is water-resistant up to 30 meters. Therefore, it is always safe to wear it while you go outside in rain, pool, or shower.
2. Fossil Sport Smartwatch (Gen 5 Based):
The innovatively designed Fossil Gen 4 Sport smartwatch is essentially the first Fossil smartwatch to be driven by the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 3100. It guarantees improved fitness tracking accuracy and enhanced battery life. Its overall design and all the specifications make it a perfect smartwatch to track fitness. Similar to any top-notch smartwatch, it comes with GPS, NFC, and a heart rate monitor.
Looking at its appearance, it boasts an appealing design exterior and interior. As the name implies, the Fossil Gen 4 smartwatch flaunts a sporty look that seems classy and exquisite. The highly durable build showcases an aluminum material along with a thermoplastic back. Furthermore, the interchangeable straps are prepared out of silicone.
Essentially, it is a focused fitness smartwatch so that you can stay stress-free about your health. It incorporates all the standard hardware usually anticipated in any contemporary smartwatch. There are plenty of sensors included -accelerometer, barometer, gyroscope, and magnetometer.
These sensors function collectively to make sure you track approximately 40 unique sport modes. In this smartwatch, there is a total of 17 watch faces preloaded. Out of them, three functions to inform you about the time and fitness statistics.
Whenever there is any notification on your phone, the Fossil Gen 4 Sport proves to be a perfect companion to notify you instantly. When paired with a compatible smartphone, it always informs you whenever any new notification pops up from any native and third-party applications on your phone.
One of the most enticing specialties of this Fossil smartwatch is the simplicity with which one can access it. It is not difficult to learn all the features of this device, and within a week, you will get familiar with all its features. The users gain the flexibility to choose from the 17 distinct watch faces enabling you to wear it in the desired style.
- The Fossil Gen 4 sport smartwatch is presented in 2 variant – a 41mm case size and the second comes in a 43 mm case. Both these variants come with 12mm thickness, so they are incredibly slim.
- Its display features a 1.4 inches screen size, which is powered by AMOLED. With high resolution, you can easily see its reading sunlight. There is a touchscreen on display, and there are three buttons available.
- The battery packed inside its structure is a non-removable Li-ion battery with a capacity of 350mAh. On standby, the battery would last approximately 2-3 days, but on regular use, its battery life declines to around 18 – 24 hours.
- It is a 5ATM rated smartwatch, so it suggests that it is water-resistant up to the depth of 50 meters. In the rain, shower, or any damp environment, you can comfortably wear it without worrying about the damage.
- Unlike other smartwatches that cannot be used while swimming, Fossil sport works perfectly to track all your swimming activities. It is essential to understand that the users cannot directly monitor the swimming activities from the Google Fit app, but you need to install another app for that. Whenever the smartwatch is in contact with water, make sure to dry it thoroughly using a soft clean cloth.
- There is an NFC chip included, and it supports Google pay. During the situations, when you intend to make payments instantly, this chip assists a lot.
3. Montblanc Summit 2:
It has been more than a year since the Summit got released. The Montblanc Summit smartwatch packs in lots of features that are found highly useful. After the launch of the latest Montblanc summit 2, there are lots of improvements observed. It came to know that Montblanc Summit 2 is the first smartwatch to be driven by the newest Snapdragon 3100 dedicated to enhancing battery efficiency.
Taking a look at its appearance, Summit 2 is showcased in a beautiful and chic design, which adds a classic look to your personality. It is equipped with excellent precision in its design, thus resulting in a classy appearance. The watch will look compact, beautiful, and bold.
The Montblanc Summit 2 watch’s body is elegantly crafted, keeping in mind the durability. Its body case is prepared with the superior quality DLC stainless steel, whereas its back casing is made from fiberglass resin and glass. It came to know that Summit 2 supports 22mm interchangeable strap size, which is prepared out of leather. There is a wide range of color options available, including bicolor steel, bicolor steel, black steel, and titanium sport.
Regarding the fit, it is perfect for both men and women. The size of the screen is approximately 1.2 inches, and the screen packs in a colorful AMOLED display. This display can be easily viewed under powerful sunlight. The screen is essentially touchscreen, and it supports multi-touch.
On the side, you will notice three buttons for the hassle-free navigation of the small interface. Its structure showcases an incorporated HRM, GPS, and NFC. Its operation is dependent on Google’s new Wear OS 2.1.
If you desired to use a smartwatch to track your fitness activities flawlessly, then summit 2 is an ideal choice. So, you can effortlessly track outside events like distance, location, etc. it is certain that the Montblanc summit 2 proves to be an ideal companion to your phone. It will instantly notify you whenever there is any new notification popping on your phone. Whenever this watch is paired with a compatible device, you will quickly receive an alert from 3rd party apps and native apps on your phone.
- In terms of media features, the new Summit 2 does not lack at all. Primarily, it comes with an 8GB internal storage space allowing you to store all your preferred tracks as well as download videos. It will be quite simple to install your desired apps right from the play store.
- With the assistance of a microphone and loudspeaker incorporated inside the device, you can flawlessly play media files right from the device, and there is no need for an earbud.
- The longer battery life is comparatively better to the fact that the contemporary Qualcomm Snapdragon 3100 chip powers Summit 2. This chip is intended to enhance the battery efficiency. It comes with a battery capacity of 340mAh so that it would last for approximately 5 to 6 days on a single full charge.
- You can use it in any water conditions since it is 5ATM certified. This suggests that Summit 2 is water-resistant up to 50 meters. There will be no problems while using it in the rain, pool, or the ocean. You will be astonished to know how easily you can track your swimming activities.
4. Fossil Gen 5 Wear OS Touchscreen Smartwatch (Carlyle Stainless Steel)
Google’s Wear OS platform was earlier recognized as Android Wear. Formally presented as Google’s cohesive platform for smartwatches and few other wearable gadgets, this platform witnessed a decline in fame for the last few years. The prominent reason behind the same is the Tizen-based Galaxy Gear series from Samsung, and the Apple Watch series has already amassed more users.
However, few smartwatch manufacturers continue to market watches over the Wear OS by Google platform. The present discussion is centered on the Fossil Sportswear OS smartwatch, which was initially presented during November 2018. The Qualcomm Snapdragon Wear 3100 SoC drives it.
This latest Snapdragon Wear 3100 SoC presents several advanced features right on the Wear OS smartwatch platform. However, lots of manufacturers are not observed who persist in working with the wearable-optimized OS from Google. It is known that Fossil is among the few brands that have launched the latest Wear OS product in country India. The news around his smartwatch suggests that this SoC is assumed to present enhanced better battery life. Generally, its battery life would last for a day on regular use.
Based on your preference, you can purchase it online or offline through different channels. Most major retailers, as well as Fossil stores present in India, offer this watch. It usually proves to be a decent option for buyers using Android smartphones, and its compatibility is extensive too.
- The two case sizes available are 41mm and 43mm. Both these size options support the interchangeable watch straps of size 18mm and 22mm, respectively.
- Inside the Fossil Sport smartwatch, there is a GPS chip, a heart rate sensor, a gyroscope, accelerometer, altimeter, microphone, and an ambient light sensor.
- It can seamlessly work with the compatible Android or iOS smartphone via Bluetooth.
Montblanc Summit 2 Plus
The Montblanc Summit 2 Plus is one of the most popular options among the smartwatches launched by the brand and is a successor to Montblanc Summit 2. It also comes with an e-SIM functionality, and that would make it one of the excellent options in the long run. It is perhaps one of the first Wear OS devices powered by Snapdragon 3100 OS.
The watch is available in four types of finishes viz stainless steel, rose-gold, DLC, and Titanium. You would get access to glass & fiberglass resin. You would get access to a leather construction while you can convert it into any compatible 22 mm straps. The smartwatch comes with an AMOLED screen of 1.3 inches size. The Sapphire crystal glass should be one of the best durable options. The Summit 2+ is protected with the IP68 rating ever. That would make it an excellent choice for the rain or small showers, but may not be the right one for swimming activities. Heart rate sensor, altimeter, inbuilt GPS, and accelerometer are a few factors that would make it a great choice as a fitness focussed smartwatch.
It can handle a wide range of activities and thus can be one of the great options you would find quite impressive enough. The cellular connectivity available on the device provides you access to an improved 4G signal availability in Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Poland, Russia, Spain, UK, and the USA.
This should be one of the latest additions to the best options from the Suunto smartphones. The smartwatch is, once again, fitness-oriented. However, the watch runs on Snapdragon 3100 chip and comes with a truly enhanced functionality. A great looking design coupled with an 8 GB storage and a perfect sport mode is what should make it one of the ideal options I the long run.
A full single day charge option along with an activity tracking feature is what should make it a perfect solution in the long run. You can get access to an excellent premium design that is both sturdy and stylish. You would get access to a glass fiber reinforced polyamide case and 22mm silicone straps, making it one of the excellent options in terms of providing it with lightweight construction. The smartwatch offers a 50mm and thick at 15.3mm construction, it does come with a 1.4 inch AMOLED display. The smartwatch comes with an 8 GB storage. It also offers you access to a few popular streaming services such as Spotify.
The Suunto 7 offers you access to several tracking options such as altimeter, gyroscope, accelerometer, heart rate sensor, and inbuilt multi-satellite system. It can track a host of activities such as calories, steps, and outdoor activities and heart rate. The smartwatch does come with over 70 different sport modes.
Skagen Falster 3
This is one of the newest options among the best smartwatches powered by Snapdragon 3100 processor. A higher 1GB RAM, 8GB onboard storage, loudspeaker, and battery saver mode should be what should ideally make it one of the most potent and efficient smartwatches in its genre. We indeed loved the outstanding design offered by the watch. The slim and fine-textured appearance are a few features that we found incredibly perfect in more ways than one.
The Skagen Falster 3 has a case made of stainless steel and the 22mm straps. The straps are available in both stainless steel and leather mesh. The smartwatch comes with a 1.3 inch AMOLED display, and that is precisely what should make it more colorful and fascinating in every respect. The touch response and three physical buttons would make it one of the great options with the beautiful design. The screen comes with Corning Gorilla Glass protection that should help you get access to an accidental fall. The smartwatch does offer you a 3ATM water resistance. Maybe it would survive regular swimming in a pool, but it may not be the right one for deep diving such as in a sea. The Snapdragon 3100 is known to offer the best possible battery-saving features, and you would find the best battery performance on the Falster 3. The activity tracking and fitness options offered by the service should ideally make it one of the great options ever. The device comes with sensors for altimeter, accelerometer, gyroscope, heart rate sensor, and inbuilt GPS. You should be able to get alerts for steps, distance, sleep, heart rate, calories, and outdoor activities.
Moto 360 3rd Gen
Motorola is not much active in the smartwatch arena, but it seems to have made a comeback. With the Snapdragon 3100 chip, the Moto 360 3rd gen is both stylish and classy. The smartwatch is equipped with 1GB RAM, 8GB ROM, and of course, a built-in microphone. The smartwatch is equipped with all the features and specifications from tracking your current fitness regime.
The smartwatch is quite slim and compact. Offering you a Top grade SUS316 Stainless steel with DLC/PVD coating and comes with 20mm straps. The straps are available both in silicone and leather. The 1.2 inch AMOLED screen does provide you access to improved performance with an always-on display. Two physical buttons ably support the touch screen compatibility for navigation. The support for Google Voice Assistant should be yet another great option that would make it a great performer ever. The 3ATM water-resistant properties would be best suited for using it while swimming as well. The battery backup offered by the smartwatch is also quite impressive, but if you enable the battery saver option, you should be able to get access to around three days of backup.
The small-sized processor, i.e., Snapdragon 3100 platform, guarantees an efficiently working smartwatch with tons of useful features. When you wear it on your wrist, you will be pleased with their sleek designs and stylish appearance. You will be benefitted from the precise activity tracking and long-lasting battery life.
More on Wearables:
- Skagen Falster 2 vs. Fossil Sport 4 vs. Apple Watch 4
- Ticwatch Pro vs. Ticwatch 2
- TicWatch Pro vs. Amazfit Pace 2
- The Summit 2 – Official
- Snapdragon Wear 2100 Watches