Sometimes Google Chrome Extensions Installed by Enterprise Policy are malware in disguise. These applications get installed forcibly without user’s consent. They are designed to capture user’s data and very difficult to remove them. If you are a victim, read along to know how to remove them.
Certain malware products like Media Player 1.1 and EasySearch surely gets into the unwanted list of Google Chrome extensions. They cannot be uninstalled due to fact that it is “Installed by Enterprise Policy“. If you want to remove them, follow the steps given below.
Applicable to Operating System (Windows 10/7/8/Vista/XP)
1. Note the ID of the extension you wish to remove, then close Google Chrome.
2. Open Windows Explorer and select the Show hidden files, folders and drives by selecting Organize > Folder and search options > View.
3. Navigate to C: > Users>”Your username“>AppData>Local >Google>Chrome User Data>Default>Extensions (Ensure that no Google Chrome is running in the background)
4. Delete the folder that matches the ID on the Chrome Extensions screen.
6. Restart Google Chrome and you are good to go!
Do drop us a comment below if the above steps did not solve your problems and we would be happy to assist you further. Cheers!
Comments are closed.