The MediaTek Dimensity mobile series redefines the smartphone experience. MediaTek’s technological and product leadership is implemented in the new set of 5G-integrated SoC’s (system on chip). The design for the same is intended for premium-to-flagship smartphones. Surely, the MediaTek Dimensity 1000 SoC brings 5G to everybody.
Related: Phones with HDR Display
Key Feature Highlights:
- Impressive CPU & GPU performance in Apps & Games
- MediaTek 5G UltraSave Technology + 2CC Carrier Aggregation support
- Whole Smartphone Enhanced Gaming by MediaTek HyperEngine 2.0
- MediaTek MiraVision premium 4K HDR multimedia
- MediaTek Imagiq Smart AI-Photography & Video Capture
- 144Hz Ultra-fast Refresh Displays
On the technical front, in the Dimensity 1000 series, MediaTek adopted the ARM’s ‘big.little’ architecture to create the CPU with eight cores. In a 1:1 ratio there are a total of 4 high-performance Cortex A77 cores (each clocked @ 2.6 GHz) and 4 power-efficient cores (each clocked @ 2.2 GHz).
The cutting-edge Mali-G77 MP9 is capable of running any graphics-intensive game effortlessly. With the smart combination of efficient and advanced technologies in its design, this small 7nm chip is recognized as the latest mobility era. Every component is seamlessly connected. Let’s look at the specifications of the MediaTek Dimensity 1000 SoC:
|MediaTek Dimensity 1000||Processor||Octa-Core, 64 Bit HMP|
Type 1: Arm Cortex-A77 @ up to 2.6GHz
Type 2: Arm Cortex-A55 @ up to 2.0GHz
|Max Camera ISP||32MP + 16MP, 80MP|
|Video||3840 x 2160|
HDR-ISP (3+2) / Video HDR / Video NR / Video Bokeh / Video EIS / AI-Shutter / AI-AE / AI-AF / AI-AWB / AI-NR HDR / AI-HDR / AI-FD
|GPU||Arm Mali-G77 MC9|
H.264, H.265 / HEVC Video Encoding
H.264, H.265 / HEVC, VP-9, AV1 – Video Encoding
16GB – Max
ROM – UFS 2.2
|Display||2520 x 1080|
144Hz – Max Refresh Rate
|Cellular Connectivity||2G / 3G / 4G / 5G Multi-Mode, 4G Carrier Aggregation (CA), 5G Carrier Aggregation (CA), CDMA2000 1x/EVDO Rev. A (SRLTE), EDGE, 4G FDD / TDD, 5G FDD / TDD, GSM, TD-SCDMA, WDCDMA|
SA & NSA modes; SA Option2, NSA Option3 / 3a / 3x, NR TDD Band, NR FDD Band, DSS, NR DL 2CC, 200 MHz bandwidth, 4×4 MIMO, 256QAM NR UL 2CC, 2×2 MIMO, 256QAM VoNR / EPS fallback
Peak Download Speed : 4.7Gbps
|GPS||GPS L1CA+L5 / BeiDou B1I+ B2a / Glonass L1OF / Galileo E1 + E5a / QZSS L1CA+ L5 / NavIC|
|WiFi & Bluetooth||Wi-Fi 6 (a/b/g/n/ac/ax)|
5.1 – Bluetooth Version
Phones List with MediaTek Dimensity Series 1000:
|Oppo||Reno5 Pro 5G|
|Realme||X7 Pro 5G|
|Xiaomi||Redmi K30 Ultra|
|Oppo||Reno 3 5G|
3. Xiaomi Redmi K30 Ultra:
Expected to release on Feb 20, 2020, Released in 2020, the Xiaomi Redmi K30 Ultra smartphone will be equipped with 5G connectivity. Based on the MediaTek Dimensity 1000L SoC architecture, this phone will function efficiently and seamlessly. This Xiaomi phone runs on Android v10 (Q) OS, and the Octa-core processor powers it.
However, its nearest sibling, the K30, is based on an Octa-core processor composed of 2.2 GHz, dual-core, Kryo 470 + 1.8 GHz, and a Hexa Core, Kryo 470 processor. The presence of the Qualcomm Snapdragon 730G chipset makes sure K30 delivers efficient performance. When it comes to memory and internal storage, this Xiaomi phone will not disappoint you. This is because it comes with 6 GB RAM and 64 GB of internal storage.
The Xiaomi Redmi K30 is considered a remarkable mid-range smartphone that will possess tons of flagship features. Its design showcases a notch-less and fully bezel-less display with excellent resolution. This makes sure there are no problems with the display quality. Also, Xiaomi has included efficient front and rear cameras.
The smooth performance is supported by the strong battery capacity and support for quick charging. One thing to note is that its storage department is slightly disappointing. This is because it does not come with expandability. When it comes to connectivity, the K30 phone supports
4G VoLTE enabled networks. Different connectivity options supported are Wi-Fi 802.11, b/g/n/n 5GHz, Bluetooth, Mobile Hotspot, Glonass, GPS with A-GPS, and USB Type-C, etc.
- The dimensions and weight are respectively 165.3 mm x 76.6 mm x 8.7 mm and 208 grams.
- It comes with an IPS LCD having a screen resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels and a pixel density of 395 PPI. The aspect ratio and screen-to-body ratio are respectively 20:9 and 84.83 %.
- The primary camera is a 20 MP + 2 MP dual front camera system. At the rear, there are 64+8+2+2 MP cameras present.
- The rear cameras come with auto flash, 10 x digital zoom, face detection, and touch to focus.
- The Redmi K30 is equipped with a Li-ion battery having a capacity of 4500mAh. This battery comes implemented with a fast charging technology helping the users to refill the battery quickly. Its reliable battery life offers excellent power backup, which lasts longer even with intense usage.
2. Realme X50 Pro:
Originally rumored to feature the Dimensity 1000 series chipsets, it now comes equipped with the Snapdragon 865. Instead, Realme released the X7 (listed above) with the Mediatek chip.
The launch of Realme X50 Pro will bring excitation among its fans. This smartphone model is the brand’s first phone with 5G connectivity and will be launched in February 2020. It is expected to have up-to-date specifications. One of the advanced features it will have is a dual punch-hole camera to boot. This Pro version will have the latest premium Snapdragon silicon. The price of the Realme X50 Pro will be higher than X50, but its features justify the cost.
Formerly, it was believed that the successor of Realme X2 Pro would be named Realme X3 Pro. But now, the Realme has modified the name and gave it a new name as the Realme X50 Pro 5G. The digit ‘5’ in the title shows the forthcoming 5G generation and digit ‘0’ is for new beginnings. It is expected that the phone may be available in different color options like Glacier Blue and Polar White.
- There is a 6.57-inch super AMOLED display having a resolution of 1080 × 2400 pixels. The show comes with an aspect ratio of 20:9, and the pixel density is 402 PPI.
- The refresh rate will be 120Hz.
- Snapdragon 865 processor powers it. The memory is up to 12 GB, and internal storage is up to 256GB.
- This phone will run on Android 10 OS.
- The built-in battery is non-removable, with a capacity of 4200 mAh. This battery supports the 50W SuperVOOC fast charging mechanism. Therefore, the battery would be fully charged in less than 35 minutes.
- It will have a quad rear camera setup along with 108MP primary sensor. At the front, there will be a hole-punch that will accommodate dual selfie cameras. The corresponding camera system will have an 8MP ultra-wide sensor and a 16MP Sony IMX471 sensor.
1. Oppo Reno 3:
Multiple devices in the Oppo Reno range offer outstanding specifications and features. Though some of these models are expensively priced, they fully justify the features. Recently, Oppo has revealed the details of the Reno 3 Pro. It will be the first dual-mode 5G smartphone of a Chinese company. This means that it will flawlessly function with both standalone and non-standalone 5G networks. You can choose from different color options like Moon Night Black, Sunrise Impression, Misty White, and Blue Starry Night. It is a dual-SIM (GSM and GSM) smartphone with support for Nano-SIM and Nano-SIM cards.
One noticeable aspect of this phone is it is made slim and will have a thickness of just 7.7mm. The famous brand Oppo guarantees that the Reno3 will deliver up to 20% faster than a platform with Cortex-A76 cores. The APU 3.0 makes this chipset work faster.
Different connectivity options supported are Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, 3G, 4G NFC, GPS, and USB Type-C. Many different sensors include accelerometer, compass/ magnetometer, ambient light sensor, fingerprint sensor, and proximity sensor. This Oppo phone will support face unlock.
- There is a 6.4-inch full HD+ OLED touchscreen display having a resolution of 1080×2400 pixels. The refresh rate is 90Hz. In the show, there is support for HDR10+ and an in-display fingerprint sensor for security.
- It operates on Android 10 with ColorOS 7 custom skin on top.
- An Octa-core MediaTek processor powers this 5G phone.
- The memory and internal storage space are respectively 8 GB and 128 GB.
- The built-in 4500mAh battery supports VOOC 4.0 30W fast charging mechanism.
- At the rear, there are four cameras included. They are 64 MP, 8MP, 2 MP, and 2 MP. The rear camera setup comes with autofocus. This quad-camera setup comes with a 13MP telephoto lens, an 8MP ultra-wide-angle lens, a 2MP sensor, and a 48MP Sony IMX586 primary sensor.
- There is a 32-megapixel camera on the front to capture high-quality selfies and support video chats. There is a punch-hole cutout present at the top to hold the selfie camera.
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G SoC powers the Oppo Reno3.
To fulfill the need for 5G connectivity, the above discussed are the best phones with MediaTek Dimensity 1000L SoC. They will flawlessly eliminate the slow-speed performance and delivers efficient output for personal or professional usages.