What Features are Deprecated in Windows 10
Windows 10 is the latest OS release from Microsoft and Users from the previous releases of Microsoft (7, 8.1) are eligible for a free upgrade to Windows 10 for a limited time. I have already mentioned upgrade considerations in my previous post and in this post, I am going to talk about What Features are Deprecated in Windows 10.
Here is a summarized list of features that has been removed from Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 that have been deprecated in Windows 10:
Some bad news for Media Center users. If you currently running the following Editions :
- Windows 7 Home Premium,
- Windows 7 Professional,
- Windows 7 Ultimate,
- Windows 8 Pro with Media Center, or
- Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center
There is no Media Center in Windows 10. So, if you install Windows 10, Windows Media center will be removed.
- DRM enabled DVDs will require you to buy a separate playback software like Power DVD etc.
- This one is obvious and holds try to Windows 8 as well. There are no Desktop Gadgets like Windows 7 and any desktop gadgets will be removed as part of the Windows 10 installation.
- You will get automatic updates for Windows 10 Home installations, and users will not be able to defer the Windows Update which is automatically available. Only Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Enterprise users will have the ability to defer updates by their IT Administrator via. Group Policy.
- All Windows games such as Solitaire, Minesweeper, and Hearts Games that came installed on Windows 7 will be removed as part of the Windows 10 upgrade process. These games are not AD supported and can be downloaded from the Microsoft Store where a version of Solitaire and Minesweeper called the “Microsoft Solitaire Collection” and “Microsoft Minesweeper.” is available.
- As a precaution, you will need the latest drivers if you have a USB floppy drive downloaded from the manufacturer’s website.
- The older version of Onedrive is removed which was a part of Windows Live Essentials installed on your system, the OneDrive application is removed and replaced with the latest version of OneDrive. Users can choose which folders to sync from OneDrive settings which was not available earlier.