You are looking for instructions to Setup and Use Amazon Fire TV Stick; then you are on the right page. Amazon’s fire TV stick has been around for a while in the US and UK markets. They are a relatively new entrant in the Indian market, where Google Chromecast has already been around for a while now. The hardware itself is based on a MediaTek chipset with 1 Gigabyte of RAM and 8GB of onboard storage.
Also Read: How to Reset the Amazon Fire TV Stick
Here are the items that come in the package:
- Amazon Fire TV Stick
- Amazon Fire TV Remote
- HDMI adaptor
- Standard micro-USB cable for power
- Power adaptor (1 amp)
- A pair of AAA batteries
Here is a quick look at its system specifications:
|SOC (Processor)||MediaTek Quad-Core ARM 1.3 GHz with Mali450 MP4 GPU|
|RAM & Storage||1 GB DDR3 RAM and 8 GB of MMC ROM|
|WiFi||Wi-Fi with support for 2×2 MIMO 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, Dual band Dual Antenna|
|Supported Video Formats||Video Output @ 720p and 1080p up to 60fps
Video Formats: H.264 1080p30H.265 1080p30
Audio: AAC-LC, HE-AACv1 (AAC+), HE-AACv2 (eAAC+), AC3 (Dolby Digital), eAC3 (Dolby Digital Plus), FLAC, MIDI, MP3, PCM/Wave, Vorbis, AMR-NB, AMR-WB
Photo: JPEG, PNG, GIF, BMP
|Audio Output||Support for Dolby Surround
Dolby Digital 7.1 over HDMI
2 Channel Stereo
How to Setup and Use Amazon Fire TV Stick
The first step is to install the hardware to a compatible HDTV. This is the easiest part. You would need to plug in the Amazon Fire USB stick to an available HDMI port on your TV. Connect the micro-USB cable using the supplied power adaptor. You can optionally use the USB port on your HDTV for powering the Amazon Fire TV stick, but that might be insufficient for installing and updating automatic updates. In fact, you will be warned initially if the TV stick does not detect enough power. See the screenshot below:
You can continue with the TV setup. In our testing, we used the available TV USB port for power input and did not face any problems. Once the hardware setup is complete, you can turn on your HDTV and follow the onscreen instructions.
You would need to pair the Amazon Fire TV Remote with your TV stick before getting started. Press any button on the remote to pair with the TV stick.
Amazon Fire TV Remote pairing
If you are facing any trouble with your remote, do the following:
- Remove and reinsert the AAA batteries in your remote.
- The remote is designed to pair with your device automatically.
- If your remote isn’t discovered by the TV Stick, press and hold the “Home” button for at least 10 seconds.
Next, is the software setup.
Onscreen Software Setup Steps
The Amazon Fire TV stick already comes preconfigured with your Amazon ID using which the product was purchased. The onscreen instructions are self-explanatory and should be completed without any hiccups. Here is the step by step instructions below:
- Once the Amazon Fire TV stick is booted up, press the “Play” button on the supplied remote.
- Select your language. You can change the preferred language later as well.
- Connect to your WiFi network. Use the onscreen keyboard to type in the password.
- Once the connection is successful, the device will check for updates. Updates will not work if you did not plug in the power adaptor.
- The TV stick would be preconfigured with your Amazon ID. If someone else has purchased the stick, Select “Change my account” and type in your Amazon ID and password. Press continue.
- Optionally, you can save your WiFi passwords securely on Amazon Cloud.
- Once done, your setup would be completed, and you should reach the home screen.
Here are the screenshots for the steps mentioned above:
Download Amazon Fire Stick User Manuals
We hope the instructions to Setup and Use Amazon Fire TV Stick was useful. If you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to use the comment section below, and we will be happy to respond.