If you have multiple displays, matching the native resolution can be a considerable issue in its own right. In such situations, the best solution for you would be able to make use of a 4K HDMI 2.0 Upscaler Downscaler converter switches. These devices should be your best bet against the issue of mismatched resolutions that you may be facing with respect to your applications with multiple displays. If you are looking for a few good options in the realm of 4K HDMI 2.0 Upscaler Downscaler converter switches, we present the top choices for the best options available at your disposal.
Related: Best HDMI 2.0a & 2.0b cables
Best 4K HDMI 2.0 Upscaler Downscaler converter switches
Matching your native resolution with the input resolution of your source is indeed very much needed. They should be your ideal option for use with splitters, matrixes and several other applications.
We do not have many choices as such when it comes to the best options in this scenario. Let us check out a few good options that can be helpful enough.
1. Sewell Echo V2 HDMI to HDMI Upscaler / Downscaler
The Sewell Echo V2 HDMI to HDMI Upscaler / Downscaler should be your ideal option for all your needs with a universal connector. It offers you an HDMI input to HDMI 4K x 2K@60Hz output converter functionality. The switch provides you with a host of features that include color transition improvements, dynamic range expansion, blue stretch auto-detect, and auto-conversion for HDMI to HDMI output.
Some of the features you would find interesting enough with the product can be summed up as
- Easy plug and Play compatibility. No need to install any drivers or software
- An excellent signal processing functionality.
- Perfect accuracy for colors reproduction, resolutions, and details
- The switch supports HDMI 4K x 2K@60Hz, 4K x 2K@30Hz, 1080p@60Hz or 720p@60Hz output
A Few FAQs
Q – Is it compliant with HDCP?
A – Yes, it does support
Q – Is there any lag in 4K?
A – No – we did not find any lag
2. Atlona AT-HD550 HDMI Up/Down Scaler/Converter
The Atlona AT-HD550 HDMI Up/Down Scaler/Converter is best suited for a wide variety of displays. They find a broader usage in standard displays, HDMI Matrix switches, HDMI distribution amplifiers in addition to a few other applications where you would be using HDMI.
If your displays tend to be incapable of providing outputs in high resolutions, the Atlona HDMI Upscaler/ Downscaler is the best you can go with. Some of the features that the display switch comes with include the following:
- It has a compact and portable design that would fit your rooms quite snugly.
- Plug and play compatibility that would not need any drivers and software to begin working with it.
- Manual fine-tuning options
- Compatibility with HDCP 1.1, and DVI 1.0 standards
- Support for resolutions up to 480@60, 720@60, 1080@60, and other resolutions up to 1920×1200
A Few FAQs
Q – Can it convert scale from 1080p to 1080i?
A – Yes, it should work
Q – Does it help rotate video by 180 degrees?
A – No, it will not work in landscape mode.
3. Gofanco Prophecy Intelligent 4K 60Hz HDR 1×2 HDMI 2.0 Splitter
The device is compatible with almost all primary HDMI source devices, HDMI displays, monitors, and HDTVs, gaming consoles such as Xbox One S/X and PS4 Pro. The Gofanco Prophecy Intelligent 4K 60Hz HDR 1×2 HDMI 2.0 Splitter supports downscaling from 4K to 1080p as well.
Some of the features that we loved with the switch include:
- The switch supports 4K @60Hz (4:4:4 8-bit), HDR 4K @60Hz (4:2:0 10-bit)
- The auto-detect feature would automatically scale up or scale down depending upon the capacity of each of the connected devices.
- The game capture feature should be one of the excellent options making it easy to capture your games without the need for opting for unique game capture.
- High-end components and lower generation of heat.
- Inbuilt firmware update mechanism
A Few FAQs
Q – Does it work with Freesync and VRR?
A – No, it does not
Q – Can I connect more than two 4K devices?
A – Yes, you should be able to do that
4. Portta HDMI 3D to HDMI 4K x 2K @60HZ Mini Converter Upscaler
The Portta HDMI 3D to HDMI 4K x 2K @60HZ Mini Converter Upscaler offers you an excellent functionality. The hassle-free plug and play compatibility should ideally make it a great choice in every right.
Some of the features worthy of mentioning can be summed up as given below:
- The complete compatibility with HDMI 2.0 functionality
- No need for installation of any software or drivers. Fully plug and play compatible
- The switch supports a wide range of resolutions including 480i/480pat60hz, 576i/576pat50hz, 720pat50/60hz, 1080pat24/25/30hz up to 4K x 2Kat24/25/30hz and 1080pat50/60/Hz up to 4K x 2Kat50/60hz
- Small and compact form factor improves the portability
A few FAQs
Q – Does it need to be powered through USB, or HDMI can work a Power source?
A – No, you need to connect to USB for the power requirements.
Q – This can upscale from 4k 30hz to 4k 60hz?
A – No, it does not support.
The Concluding Thoughts
Well, those were a few options you would be able to use for your upscaling and downscaling requirements. We would assume that the list of best switches we have been able to compile in this list should help you to the best possible level.
If you have used any of the options that we have enlisted here, do share your experiences and opinions about the Upscaler/ Downscaler switches that we have reviewed in this compilation.