Not quite long ago, we had thought a 2 GB RAM was more than enough for a smartphone. But, things are in for a change of late. In 2016, we saw a vast number of smartphones hitting the 6 GB RAM mark. Whether a smartphone needs that much of RAM is quite arguable. However, if you are one of those who thinks that 6 GB RAM is not yet enough and looking for some more, it seems as if the manufacturers have listened to you. There are a couple of devices that come with 8 GB RAM! So, it was this thought that brought us to come up with a list of top Android smartphones with 8 GB RAM.
Best Smartphones with 8 GB RAM: The List
In fact, a smartphone with 8 GB RAM will offer you more than what a laptop provides. Asus has been one of the first manufacturers to come with a device sporting a massive 8 GB RAM. There are a couple of manufacturers who have come up with their own 8 GB RAM devices. In fact, we would expect the mainstream manufacturers like Samsung, Xiaomi and OnePlus too to offer their versions of smartphones with that sort of humongous amount of memory.
Asus Zenfone AR
As we said, Asus was the first smartphone manufacturer to offer the first ever 8 GB RAM device in the world. The phone was announced at CES in 2017.
The Asus Zenfone AR comes with Tango AR and Google DayDream VR (mixed-reality) platforms – both from Google. That makes Zenfone AR one of the first devices to be Tango enabled. The 23 MP rear camera makes it yet another great option for the photography lovers.
Key Features –
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 processor powers it. (No 835, Sorry!)
- The Zenfone AR offers you a 5.7-inch Super AMOLED display with 2,560 x 1,440 resolution.
- 515 ppi pixel density.
- 128 GB internal storage that can be expanded by another 256 GB with a microSD
- 8 GB RAM, of course.
- The 3300 mAh nonremovable Quick charge 3.0 support.
- 23 MP rear camera with motion sensing and depth sensing capabilities.
- 8 MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture and 85-degree wide angle.
- Android Nougat 7.1.1.
Price – $499.00
Launched as a successor to OnePlus 5, the OnePlus 5T is one of the first devices to be announced to sport 8 GB RAM. It could be the most expensive smartphone currently available. However, it offers you an excellent value for money.
The all-metal unibody design is what would make it a force to reckon with. The Dash Charge is a new technology adopted that charges your battery in just under 90 minutes. Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor powers the smartphone. OnePlus has done away with the secondary camera on OnePlus 5 and replaced it with a single 20 MP + 16 MP dual sensor that can capture exceptional low light photographs.
Key Features –
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor
- It sports a large 6-inch-inch AMOLED display with 2,160 x 1,080 resolution
- You get 128 GB internal storage. However, there is no memory expansion option available.
- 20 MP + 16 MP dual camera on the rear and a 16 MP front snapper.
- The 3300 mAh nonremovable battery with Dash Charge for faster charging.
- And not to forget 8 GB RAM.
- Android Nougat 7.1.1
Price – $629.50
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2
Xiaomi has been leaving no stones unturned to make its phones attractive and excellent value for money. It would be worthwhile to note that the manufacturers like Xiaomi and others have been fast joining the frontrunners like Samsung and Apple.
The special edition Mix 2 has a ceramic body with an 18 K gold plating for the camera and fingerprint sensors. The extreme thin bezels have already been making the news. The phone does miss a few features like a headphone jack, and water resistant properties in spite of being priced at that level.
Key Features –
- A Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor powers the phone
- You have access to a display that reads 5.99-inch IPS LCD with 2,160 x 1,080 resolution. The pixel density reads 403 ppi.
- The phone has 128 GB internal storage (which is on the way to become a standard). However, there is no expandable storage.
- 12 MP rear camera and a 5 MP front snapper.
- The nonremovable battery has a capacity of 3400 mAh.
- 8 GB RAM.
- Android Nougat 7.1
The 8GB variant of this phone has been launched in limited numbers and is available in China. The approximate cost would be around $ 715.
Well, they have been the newest entrants in the smartphone arena. Popular with gaming PC and console manufacturers, Razer has now diversified into smartphones arena.
The first smartphone from the company is only referred to as Razer Phone. The phone will be game-centric, and that is precisely why they have decided to make it with 8 GB RAM. Other specifications are also designed to make it one of the best regarding gaming.
Key Features –
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor powers the phone
- The phone offers you a 5.7-inch-inch LED display with 1,440 x 2,560 resolution
- 8 GB of RAM
- The Razer phone comes with a 64 GB internal storage. There are memory expansion options available.
- You have access to 12 MP dual cameras on the rear.
- 8 MP front camera for selfies and video calls.
- The phone is powered by a 4000 mAh nonremovable
- It runs on Android Nougat 7.1.1
Price – $699.99
Before We Leave…
The concept of 8 GB of RAM is entirely new for smartphones. As you might have imagined, there are only a few devices that offer you the 8 GB RAM capacity. However, we would indeed expect the concept to catch on. It may not be too long before we would be able to find more manufacturers opting for 8 GB RAM devices. We will keep you updated when it happens.
Which among the 8 GB RAM smartphones did impress you? Do share your opinions with us. Do not hesitate to use the comment box below to let us know your thoughts or suggestions.