Why look for the best laptops with Xeon Processors? It is because Intel Xeon’s has been one of the premium processors for your laptops, especially for professionals. The new range of Xeon processors has indeed been one of the preferred options for the performance improvements provided by them. If you are looking for the laptops with the Xeon processors and finding it really hard to pinpoint the best alternatives in the realm, we are here to help you with the choicest laptops.
Why Opt for the laptops With Xeon Processors?
Well, the Xeon Processors offer you a wide range of benefits you may be lacking in the previous range of processors. It helps you deliver the best performance and enterprise level features.
Some of the advantages associated with the Xeon processors include
- It offers you a professional grade graphics. The graphics are optimized specifically for software and stability
- You have access to the error correction code memory. The processors can detect most of the memory errors and fix them. This will help you avoid blue system error screens and any other memory related issues.
- The Xeon processors have support for multiple SSDs in RAID. You can be ensured of enhanced reliability for the data and improved storage capacity.
In addition to the above advantages, the Xeon processors also support a wide range of capabilities like enhanced security and remote management ability.
Best Laptops With Xeon Processors
Having understood what Xeon processors are capable of, you would be looking forward to gathering information about a few laptops that come with the Xeon processors. If you are into hardcore professional requirements such as CAD-CAM, engineering, video editing, and similar other high-end elements, laptops powered by Xeon processors would be the best you would go with.
1. HP ZBook 17 G3
The HP ZBook 17 has been one of the most popular mobile workstation devices in recent times. Having faced backlash for the lowest ever battery backup, HP has now released a new variant with the G3 version.
The new ZBook 17 G3 is indeed lighter and pretty cooler with its performance, and also has improved its battery life. Powered by Intel Xeon processor (you have a variant with the 6th gen Core i7 as well), you have access to 64GB of ECC memory and 4TB of storage. High-efficiency engineering applications and tasks like Lightroom are excellent with the power that Xeon processor packs in.
You come across a powerful combination of Windows 10 and UHD resolution on the HP ZBook 17 G3. The DreamColor display is one of the advantages that offers you a resolution of 3840 x 2160 pixels. Ideally, it should be one of the cheapest options with the Intel Xeon processors.
The specifications include –
- Processor – Intel Xeon E3-1575M v5 7700HQ
- Graphics – Intel Iris Pro Graphics P580
- Screen Size – 17.6 inches
- RAM – 64 GB
- Storage – 500 GB HDD
- An excellent build quality
- A host of configuration options
- Suitable for almost all high-end applications
- Battery life is not at par with other competitors
2. Lenovo ThinkPad P70
The laptop is one of the best when it comes to the needs of an engineer or a designer. In fact, Lenovo has only two models that feature a Xeon processor, and the ThinkPad P70 is just one of them.
Since the laptop is targeted towards the designers and graphics professionals, you can be assured of a larger 4K display. The massive size of the computer brings in an option for a host of port options. You should be able to configure it with a 3 TB storage option. That would make it an ideal choice for larger video files. The RAM begins with 4 GB at the lowest model to 64 GB on the highest.
The configuration of the software reads –
- Processor – 2.8GHz Intel Xeon E3-1505M v5
- Graphics – Nvidia Quadro M5000M 8GB
- Screen size – 17.3 inches with 3840 x 2160 pixels
- RAM – 16 GB to 64 GB
- Storage capacity – 512 GB SSD + 500 GB HDD
- An excellent performance that suits graphics professionals
- An excellent 4K display
- An integrated colorimeter
- Weight can be an issue
- Storage options can be an issue
3. HP ZBook Studio G3
Looking for a workstation model squeezes inside an Ultrabook? Well, the HP ZBook Studio G3 should be the best you can opt for. You have access to a 4K display that hosts a massive array of features underneath it.
The build is indeed without any smudges and not a fingerprint magnet as most of its competitors have been found to suffer with. Portable workstations are bound to have issues in many cases. However, the ZBook Studio G3 is an excellent option from that perspective. Heat dissipation can be one of the problems in its own right. This would also have an impact on the battery lie as well.
The laptop is a performance powerhouse. A professional GPU, ISV certification and the Xeon processor are what would make it a robust processor in almost every respect. We will treat it to be one of the best options if you are looking for an attractive, yet powerful laptop.
The specifications read –
- Processor – 2.8GHz (3.7GHz) Intel Xeon E3-1505M v5
- Graphics – Nvidia Quadro M1000M
- Screen size – 15.6 inches with 3840 x 2160 pixels
- RAM – 32 GB
- Storage – 512 GB SSD
- 4 K display quality
- An excellent look
- Thunderbolt 3 options
- There is no display port available
- There are no optional drives option
- Battery life can be an issue
4. Lenovo ThinkPad P51
The Lenovo ThinkPad P51 ships with Windows 10 Pro. There is no any bloatware of any nature. It does pack in everything that you would have looked for in your mobile workstation. The components within the laptop are capable of letting you handle all the demanding tasks you throw at it.
The lightest ever laptop provides you with a dedicated Nvidia Quadro M2200 graphics and Intel Xeon CPU E3-1535M v6. The laptop is designed for the best durability functionality. Lenovo has claimed that it has tested the computer with 11 different durability tests. The laptop also comes with a calibration sensor for handling the color temperature while working on professional photo editors or video editing tools.
If you are into 4K video editing, 3D modeling, and similar other activities, the Lenovo ThinkPad P51 should be an ideal choice for you.
The specification of the laptop read –
- Processor – Intel Xeon CPU E3-1535M v6
- Graphics – Nvidia Quadro M2200
- Screen size – 15.6 inch – 4K resolution
- RAM – 64 GB
- Storage – 512 GB
- An excellent display
- An all-day battery life
- A high performance that handles everything you throw at it
- Some of you find it a little bulky
- The screen appears a little dimmer.
5. HP ZBook 15 G4
Professionals would always be on the lookout for the best in their mobile workstation platforms. If you are one of them, the HP ZBook 15 G4 should be a great choice you can go with. The capability of handling a complex and colossal database and visuals, faster performance with durability and an ISV backing are a few features that would make ideally one of the best choices for your needs.
Battery backup can be one of the best options for making it an excellent choice for those long hours at work. You get a minimum of 11 hours of backup on a single charge. Except with a few design parameters concerning the keyboard and the bulky design, you would find everything on this laptop quite formidable. Its new functionality and sterling performance have proved the benchmark tests.
The Intel Xeon processor, 64 GB RAM capacity, two Thunderbolt ports, and three drive bays are a couple of aspects that would make it a great choice when it comes to a formidable choice for the mobile workstation par excellence.
The Specifications of the laptop read –
- Processor – Intel Xeon E3-1505M v6
- Graphics – Nvidia Quadro M2200
- Screen size – 15.6 inches with 4 K resolution
- RAM – 64 GB
- Storage – 512 GB SSD
- High-end customization options
- Excellent security options embedded
- DreamColor LCD screen
- Bulky design can be an issue with the portability
- The keyboard is a little smaller and may be uncomfortable if you larger fingers
- The design language does not appear to be up to date.
The Parting Thoughts
Well, that was a select list of the laptops that come with the Intel Xeon processors. Not that the list is exhaustive and complete in any manner. But, the devices featured in the above compilation should provide you with an idea into the choices available at your disposal.
With the wave of Xeon processors being on the rise, the professionals like engineers, video editors, 3D animators, and similar trades can indeed benefit a lot from the strength and performance excellence that these new age processors can offer you. Go with a laptop that best suits your working style and load that you would put your new laptop on. And yes, never forget going through a complete review before you can opt for a computer with Xeon processors.