The industry is moving from Qualcomm’s proprietary Quick Charging technology to a unified single charging port. The tech industry is unifying various charging standards into one standard USB Type-C PD (Power Delivery). It makes it easy for device owners to charge multiple devices using a single unified charging port. The USB-C PD chargers can deliver up to 100W of power and can charge laptops and smartphones alike. In this post, we will be listing out the best USB C PD car chargers suitable for the latest iPhones, Android, and compatible laptops.
Laptops from Apple (Macbooks), Google (Pixel 2), and others follow the standardized USB Power USB-PD specifications. Since Qualcomm dominates the high-end smartphone market, it is easy for them to push their own proprietary quick charging technology. We cannot recommend one over the other, but they are mutually not compatible with each other. It means that if you swap chargers, you might not get the best performance.
Google is actively pushing USB-C PD charging and has added a clause in their Android Nougat (7.0) to officially recommend the USB-C PD open specifications. We have briefly explained what the USB-C PD charger offer and its standardized approach that allows interoperability in an earlier post.
A typical USB Type-C can only support up to a maximum of 15W of power output. Yes, it will charge your device, albeit slowly. However, the Type-C specification is not just meant for data transfers. Some of its advantages include the following:
- Reversible plug adjustment and cable management: Increasing end-user experience
- Raised current capacities: Up to 15W & 3A of power, dropping the need for an external power source
- Improved data capacities: USB 3.1 up to 10 Gbps to support and gets jobs done more promptly
- Power Delivery (PD) assistance: acknowledging every port to be your power, data & video port
Best USB C PD Car Chargers
Now that we understand USB PD’s advantages, let us come back to our topic, where we will be listing out the best USB C PD car chargers. All of the chargers mentioned on this list support the new standard and can be safely used across multiple devices which support it. Some of them are backward compatible with legacy devices like USB 1.1 & 2.0. So, here we go!
Best USB C PD Car Chargers for India:
|Sr. No.||Image||Product Name||Manufacturer||Buy Now|
|1||Anker USB-C Car Charger with PowerDrive II PD||Anker||Check on Amazon|
|2||Meagoes USB C Fast Car Charger||Meagoes||Check on Amazon|
2. Meagoes USB C Fast Car Charger:
Efficiently charge your portable devices on the go with this Meagoes car charger. It comes with 18W dual power delivery ports and an adapter. The 3.3 feet long MFi certified lightning cable is also included. Generally, it can charge most models of iPhones and iPads. To make sure you can easily locate the ports in the dark, a blue LED indicator is available. It does not distract you when driving.
This USB C fast charger meets the UL standard and is tested for quality. The included safeguards defend this charger from over-heating, over-current, and over-charging.
- The dual PD ports allow simultaneous charging of 2 devices at a fast speed. Each of the two ports can charge an iPhone 11 and 12 from 0 to 50% within a half-hour.
- During charging, it allows sharing of a port with other persons. Hence, this charger is helpful during travel trips.
- The included USB C to lightning cable can bend more than 10k times without damage. Its strength is 6 times more than conventional cables.
1. Anker USB-C Car Charger with PowerDrive II PD:
With this Anker car charger, you can charge standard USB phones and tablets. It comes in a portable and travel-friendly design. The advanced Power Delivery technology offers fast charging speed for USB-C devices. On the other hand, the flagship Power 2.0 technology provides full-speed charging.
The entire structure is ultra-compact, tinier than a credit card. This kind of petite structure offers hassle-free access to the port. Also, it offers a perfect fit for most types of vehicles. The compatibility and portability are great even in a mobbed desktop setup. The pack offers you 2 PD chargers i.e., a PD and a PIQ car charger, and a welcome guide.
- It takes 20 to 30 minutes to charge the compatible devices up to 50% capacity. The full charging takes an hour.
- The chargers are compatible with Pixel, MacBook, and iPhone X/8/8 Plus.
- The PowerIQ 2.0 fast charge provides high-speed charging for Samsung S9, S8/S8+, Note 10/Note10+, S20/S20+/S20 Ultra, Nintendo Switch more.
- It comes with a soft blue light indicator to depict the working status. This light turns off when the car engine turns off.
- For device protection, it comes with full UL certification and Anker’s Multipotent safety system.
Best USB C PD Car Chargers: Global
|Sr. No.||Image||Product Name||Manufacturer||Buy Now|
|1||AUKEY 30W USB C Car Charger||AUKEY||Check on Amazon|
|2||RAVPower 48W USB C Car Charger||RAVPOWER||Check on Amazon|
|3||Spigen 45W USB C Car Charger||Spigen||Check on Amazon|
|4||Nekteck USB Type C Car Charger||Nekteck||Check on Amazon|
|5||AINOPE Mini 36W USB C Car Charger||AINOPE||Check on Amazon|
|6||QGeeM 42.5W USB C Car Charger Adapter||QGeeM||Check on Amazon|
|7||Cluvox 25W USB C Fast Car Charger||Cluvox||Check on Amazon|
|8||WOTOBEUS 95W USB C Fast Car Charger||WOTOBEUS||Check on Amazon|
|9||Baseus 65W USB C Car Charger||Baseus||Check on Amazon|
9. Baseus 65W USB C Car Charger:
For efficient charging at a fast rate, you can go for this Baseus car charger. It implements the 65W quick charging PD3.0 via the corresponding 65W PD USB-C port. Moreover, it implements QC4.0 quick charging through the corresponding 30W Quick Charge 3.0 USB-A port. The input range it supports is 12V-24V. It is perfect for cars, trucks, SUVs, and all types of vehicles.
Along with charging efficiency, the physical design matters too. This car charger boasts a chic design that depicts soft LED indicator light. It lets you easily find out the charging port in the dark. Furthermore, the aluminum body offers enough strength and resists scratch. With durable housing, the charger ensures longevity. The finish on the body is such that the charger always appears like new. The heat dissipation is also efficient.
To ensure the charger does not get burnt away, the manufacturer certified it with multiple safety certifications. With the purchase of this charger, you get a warranty card and a user manual.
- This Type-C car charger offers rapid and stable charging for charging 2 devices at once.
- It can be connected to a power source on a laptop, PC, notebook, etc., for you.
- The built-in intelligent circuit protects against over-heating, over-current, over-charging, and short-circuiting.
- To save power, the charging automatically stops once the battery gets full.
- It is compatible with USB-A and USB-C powered devices.
- Its aluminum alloy metal body stays in place and does not eject away while driving. It can be plugged into a power source.
8. WOTOBEUS 95W USB C Fast Car Charger:
Featuring a 3-port design, this car charger comes with a single Smart IC USB port and dual USB-C ports. Both these ports provide quick charging performance without safety concerns. Moreover, this charger is found compatible with the Samsung Galaxy super-fast charging 2.0 protocol.
Though it comes in a compact form factor, the charging efficiency is excellent. Its pocket size, multi-port design is capable of providing fast charging output for multiple devices at once. The blue LED light seems appealing on the black exterior. This light precisely indicates the charging status. The metal body stays sturdy even after multiple plugging in and pulling out. Furthermore, the exterior plastic layer offers anti-scald protection. With the multiple protection features, the charger is sure to last for years.
- The Smart IC USB port supports 2.4A, 18W Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0.
- The dual USB-C ports support PPS/PD65W and PPS/PD30W. They also support Power Delivery 3.0, QC4.0+, and come implemented with the AiPower Adaptive Technology.
- Due to universal compatibility, it can fit various cables and systems. It is compatible with Apple iOS devices, USB-A Android cellphone, Type-C tablets, USB-C notebooks, and switch.
- This charger is also compatible with power cords like C to C, C to USB, and C to iPhone.
- It can work well with the cigarette lighter plug available in most vehicles.
- There are built-in protection features like ULCE, FCC& ROHS certifications. They protect against over-current, overcharging, and excess temperature.
- All the ports offer ultra-fast charging output for charging 3 electronic gadgets at once.
7. Cluvox 25W USB C Fast Car Charger:
For making easy connections with your electronic gadgets on the go, this Cluvox charger comes with a 3.3 feet long Type-C cord. The entire body is devised from metal, and hence the build quality is excellent. The overall size resembles a thumb that fits well in a car cigarette lighter and does not occupy extra space.
The blue light indicator assists you with easy identification of the port while driving at night. The glow of this light does not distract you while driving. Apart from its key charging functionality, a standard USB port is also included. It lets somebody else in your car charge their phone simultaneously.
- The included USB-C to USB C cable is useful to obtain a 25W fast charge via the USB-C outlet.
- There are various safety protections implemented in its intelligent chipset. This chipset automatically identifies the phone model and restricts more volts’ delivery than the gadget’s capacity.
- Various safety features it comes with are over-current, over-charging, and over-heating.
- The aluminum alloy body comes with high heat dissipation. It eliminates the risk of melting and fire.
- The anti-skid cartridge can be reinforced on both sides to ensure it stays in place even during steep charging.
6. QGeeM 42.5W USB C Car Charger Adapter:
When you intend to charge 2 devices at once, this car charger adapter can prove useful. It supports high-speed power delivery that lets you charge 2 smart phones at full speed simultaneously. Typically, you can use this adapter with an iPad, Macbook, iPod, digital camera, MP3 player, PDA, and more. The overall design is compact yet durable, constructed from PC and ABS material. Despite presenting the coin size structure, it packs in a huge power. You will find so much convenience while carrying it anywhere.
Use the soft blue LED light to locate USB sockets in the dark. It does not hamper your driving. Apart from the side light, the adapter connections are also illuminated. Hence, you can clearly see what you are connecting to. For benefitting from Quick Charge, make sure your phone supports this technology.
- The 6.5A/42.5W rating provides charging up to 60% within 35 minutes. The full charging takes 1-1.5 hours.
- This charger supports Quick Charge 3.0 and dual smart power delivery.
- With the help of a super-fast and PD port, the charger easily recognizes mobile devices.
- It provides charging efficiency that is 4 times more than standard charging.
- The gold-plated circuit limits heat production during charging. It protects your device against overheating, overcharging, and over-current.
5. AINOPE Mini 36W USB C Car Charger:
There are dual PD3.0 fast-charge ports available in this AINOPE car charger. They lead to the maximum output of 36W (18W per port). This finger-size charger seems easy to carry around.
The petite thumb size blends well with the majority of the car cigarette lighters. Moreover, it fits well on the edge of the power outlet. The zinc alloy construction is resistant to scratch and offers durability. Even at high temperatures, it will not overheat. Though the fit is perfect, it is easy to pull out when needed.
- Twin USB-C charging ports can simultaneously charge 2 mobile devices without compromise in charging speed.
- Each of its 2 PD ports can deliver fast-charge output to quickly charge iPhone 12 from zero to 80% in 35 minutes.
- Various protocols it supports are PD3.0, QC3.0, QC2.0, AFC, and FCP.
- For the complete safety of your device, the internal chip comes with various protection features. They are advanced temperature control, overload protection, over-current protection, over-voltage protection, and short-circuit protection.
- Once set up properly, it does not hinder access to the dashboard functions.
4. Nekteck USB Type C Car Charger:
When using a cheap quality car charger, your devices may be susceptible to damage. This Nekteck Type C charger has passed the rigorous test as per the USB compliance standard. It ensures the complete safety of your device and also guarantees optimal performance. The included cable’s length of 3.3 feet is enough to provide flexible connectivity. This cable depicts an advanced Type-C connector with a fully reversible design. It ensures perfect plugging irrespective of how you hold and insert the cable.
There will be a secure transmission of constant power from a cigarette lighter plug of the car. Its overall size is not so bulky, and it feels convenient to carry around.
- It is compatible with smartphones and tablets having a USB Type-C connector. For example, you can connect it to phones from Apple, HTC, Nokia, Asus, Samsung, and more.
- It can charge Nintendo Switch, Google ChromeBook Pixel, Macbook, etc.
- This car charger is certified by RoHS, USB-IF, CE & FCC;
- The use of fireproof materials and oxidation-resistant aluminum pull tab guarantees extra safety. There is no radiation loss or harmful effect to wireless connectivity.
- With an extra smart USB-A port, this charger automatically recognizes your devices. Subsequently, it tries to maximize the charging speed for the USB devices like iPad and iPhones.
- The USB A port can also charge non-USB-C devices to full speed with the 57W output (45W+12W of each port).
- When there is a risk of overvoltage or overcharging, it automatically stops charging for safety.
3. Spigen 45W USB C Car Charger:
The compact footprint of this Spigen car charger ensures a snug fit in the dedicated space. It saves enough space around, and you will find it convenient to move it around. You can connect this charger to the USB-C and USB-A charging ports of a car. The ergonomic design, ease of plugging, and ease of maneuver are some of the additional benefits of using this charger. The cable length is sufficient to reach all parts of the car.
- The IP Technology from Spigen recognizes your devices and provides optimal charging current output. So, the charging is accomplished at high speed with safety.
- It can work flawlessly with smartphones that support Qualcomm Quick Charge and Power Delivery.
- There are 2 ports available to let the other person charge his/her device.
- The 27W port can quickly charge recent phone models through a USB-C cable.
- The 18W port is more suitable for the older USB-C-to-A cables for quick charging.
- Names of some of the devices it can work with are iPhone 12/Pro/Max /12/Mini/11, Samsung Galaxy S21/S20/Ultra/Note 20/ S Plus, and iPad.
2. RAVPower 48W USB C Car Charger:
Whether it is a car or truck, or any kind of vehicle, this 48W car charger works well. The built-in USB-C port and USB-A port deliver enough power output to concurrently charge 2 devices faster. It becomes easy to locate this charger even in the dark due to the included LED light. This light does not distract you while driving.
The mesh grip offers ease of plugging and unplugging. The carbon-fiber finish provides a comfortable grip. An easy-to-follow user guide is included.
- The total output from both its ports is 48W. The USB-C port delivers 30W output, whereas the USB-A port delivers 18W output.
- Its 30W PD port can quickly charge cutting-edge USB-C devices like iPhone 11 to 50% within 30 minutes.
- Its USB-A port supports Quick Charge 3.0 with compatible devices.
- The device compatibility includes Samsung Galaxy S10+/S9+/S8+, iPhone 11/11 Pro/XS Max/XR, iPad Pro, MacBook Air, etc.
- For the device’s safety undercharging, it comes with overload protection, short-circuits protection, and advanced temperature controls.
- The USB-C port outputs can be 5V/3A, 9V/3A, 12V/2.5A,15V/2A, 20V/1.5A, and 30W max.
- The USB-A port outputs can be 5V/3A, 9V/2A, 12V/1.5A, and 18W max.
1. AUKEY 30W USB C Car Charger:
Presented in the form of a small cylinder, this AUKEY charger incorporates a huge power. It can perfectly fit into the standard DC socket of the majority of vehicles. With this charger, you can charge a wide range of Android and Apple smartphones and tablets.
A foldable handle is available for ease of extraction. The snug fit ensures that the charger stays in place while driving and does not fall off accidentally. It is easy to pull it out from a cigarette lighter; need not hold a grip. Use the flip-out handle for ease of removal. The aluminum alloy body offers excellent heat dissipation. Along with this 30W charger, you get a user manual.
- This CC-AC dual-port car charger provides 30W output. The corresponding power can charge devices like mini laptops, tablets, iPhone 12/12 Mini/Pro/Pro Max, etc.
- It comes with a standard USB port and a USB-C port.
- To provide charging at high speed, it supports Quick Charge 3.0 and USB Power Delivery.
- Multiple Technologies –Supports both USB PD and Quick Charge 3.0, allowing for maximum-speed charging for a broad range of Apple and Android smartphones and tablets.
- The 24W is divided between both of its ports. So, it simplifies the fast charging of 2 devices concurrently.
- It fits perfectly into the cigarette lighter and does not protrude out.
- It is PPS compatible and provides fast charging at a maximum power of 30W.
1. AUKEY Delivery Dual Port 36W Car Charger with USB-C Power
You can charge your USB Type-C phone or bigger USB-C machines with Power-Delivery 2.0. The inbuilt Ai-Power acknowledges your devices’ charging specifications and equals the power output for safe and effective charging. It is harmonious with all USB-C & USB-A powered devices, including Android and Apple smartphones, laptops, and tablets PCs. Plus, the built-in safeguards shield your devices against your devices’ excessive flow, heating, and overburdening. The retail package contains an AUKEY-CC-Y7 Car Charger and a user manual.
2. Anker 2-Port 24W Car Charger with Lightning Connector
The Anker car charger comes with advanced PowerIQ & energy boost technologies that can deliver universal full-speed charging. Do not that this device is not Qualcomm Quick-Charge supported. The charger also comes with a built-in durable Apple’s Lightning cable that ensures that you have access to high-speed charging every time you use it in your car.
It comes in a premium design with glowing LED ports and a carbon-fiber finish. The mesh grip strengthens your car’s interior and provides an excellent car charging experience.
You get the PowerDrive 2 Elite with Lightning Connector, Installation Guide and an 18-month warranty, and excellent customer service.
3. iVoler (USB C Port with Power Delivery & QC 3.0+) 42W 2 Ports
The iVolter charger is an attractive device because it is compatible with Qualcomm’s proprietary Quick-Charge 3.0 and the standard USB PD. You can charge your USB Type-C smartphone or bigger USB-C devices with Power Delivery or QC 3.0.
The USB-C port is outfitted with Power-Delivery & Qualcomm’s QC 3.0 specifications with up to 3A to load your type c assisted devices. It can charge compatible devices up to four times faster than normal chargers and 40% faster than Quick Charge 2.0.
4. Gearmo 75W USB C PD & Quick Charge 3.0 Car Charger
The car charger from Gearmo is another example of a device that maintains dual compatibility. It works with USB-C-enabled phones & tablets, as well as laptops. The total Power output is 60watts over the Type C port and 15W over the Type-A port. For QC 3.0, it supports Qualcomm QC 3.0: 12V-1.5A, 9V-2A, 5V-2.4A.
5. ESR 45W USB Type C Power Delivery 2.0 2-Port Car-Charger
Dual-USB Ports Design car charger with USB-C & USB-A ports perfectly combines QC 3.0 & 1 PD port for compatible devices that can charge simultaneously.
The Type-C port with Power Delivery (PD) provides a maximum of 27W of charging power. The Type-A port comes with Quick Charge 3.0 with speeds of up to 3X faster than standard chargers, producing up to 18W of charging capacity. It works with all previous Quick-Charge 2.0 compatible devices.
The built-in Smart chip can identify your devices, preserving your devices against excessive current, heating, and overburdening. With universal compatibility, it is compatible with Smartphones, Tablets & Laptops, and other USB-C devices.
Even though this is not an exhaustive list, it should help you identify the best USB C PD car chargers available on the market. Comments and suggestions are welcome in the comment section below.