What makes you a leader? What sets you apart from the rest? A leader is born, we hear most of the time. It is true. A person is born with certain values, certain qualities which he imbibes along the way which sets him apart from the rest. A leader is someone who has the drive, passion, commitment, focus and skills to make a vision turn in to reality.
A leader will always be different from his followers because of a few traits.
As someone famously said:
“Look inwards first, then outwards”
So, lets self assess then!
1. You need to know yourself and seek reassessment from time to time so that you can improve yourself.
2. You must know your job thoroughly before you can tell others what they need to do.
3. There are times when you can go wrong as well. A leader must always be accountable for his actions and take responsibility.
4. Being decisive and making key decisions at the right time is very important.
5. Set the example by doing something which will set you apart.
6. You must always look after the well being and interests of your sub ordinates or colleagues.
7. You have to make sure that your workers are responsible and carry out or accomplish the tasks which is set for them.
8. You must ensure that the people under you work as a team and the team spirit is something which everyone needs to imbibe. It is not about me, it is about us. That is what is going to make you different from the rest.
Leadership is about effective communication and having certain traits in you which should make people believe in you and follow you. It is about inspiring people and making them gain confidence by constantly pushing them to do their best even in the harshest of circumstances. The body language and level of confidence should say a lot about you .You have to make the workers always believe in themselves. You have to think out of the box, have interpersonal skills and be a planner. You have to be a thinker and acquire knowledge along the way. You should have certain values in you which will reflect the person you are and will further consolidate the goodwill and strength of the organization. Commitment is also a key point because once you commit yourself to do something, you can never fall back on it. In fact on a quite a few occasions, it is commitment which takes a person forward in life and if you are committed, then only will your workers be committed too. Focus also needs to maintained because if you lose direction, then you lose your job. You need to constantly motivate and inspire your fellow workers. You need to be creative and need to always think of ways in which the output of the organization can be increased. As a leader, you have to have the inner strength that pushes you forward in spite of the obstacles.
Think for your workers and about your workers and always reassess your skills from time to time and help your workers to imbibe good values and make them work as a complete team. That is what is going to make you a leader.
Affiliate Disclosure: Faceofit.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.