If you are a Samsung fan and looking for a cost effective Android smartphone, the Galaxy J7 is an excellent choice, because it comes with a dedicated SD Card slot, along with a pair of sim card slots. In our Buyers Guide to Samsung Galaxy J7, we focus on the 2016 model. However, the Galaxy J7 2017 model is also out on the market with better specs.
Note: If you buy something from our links, we might earn a commission. See our affiliate disclosure statement.
Introduction (Buyers Guide to Samsung Galaxy J7)
Only recently have Samsung started to respond to the competition catering to the lower and middle end of the spectrum where most of the mobile phone sales happen. This segment is crowded and a lot of competitors like Asus, Xiaomi, InFocus, Lenovo and others offer flagship specs and top notch performance. This have forced Samsung to release competitive devices hoping to grab some market-share with its brand value and after sales service. In this post, I am going to talk about Review, Specs and Buyers Guide to Samsung Galaxy J7 – 6 2016 Edition.
- 5.5″ S-AMOLED (S for Super) 720p (1280×720) HD Touch-screen
- 4G Support with GSM Bands 850, 900, 1800, 1900 WCDMA – 2100
- 2GB DDR3 RAM and 16 GB of e-MMC ROM
- Rear Camera is a 13 MP shooter with f 1.9 and Focal Length of 28mm
- 5 MP Front Camera with f 1.9 and LED flash for selfies and video chat.
- 1.6 GHz Exynos 7870 Octa Core Processor (S5E7870)
- Full Day Battery backup with a 3300 mAh Battery
- Samsung “TouchWiz” 6.0 based on Android Marshmallow OS
- Dual Micro-Sim Support (GSM + CDMA)
- Integrated Sensors Accelerometer, Hall Sensor, Proximity.
- Product Dimensions of 76 x 151 x 7.8 mm weighing 169 g
- 72.3% (SBR) screen body ratio.
- In-build Wi-Fi 802.11 b,g,n with DLNA, NFC and Bluetooth 4.1 support.
[image_items link=”LINK_IMAGE” source=”https://www.faceofit.com/reviews/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Featured-1-white-back.png”] White Backside[/image_items]
[image_items link=”LINK_IMAGE” source=”https://www.faceofit.com/reviews/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Featured-1-White.png”] White Front[/image_items]
[image_items link=”LINK_IMAGE” source=”https://www.faceofit.com/reviews/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Featured-1-black-right-side.png”] Black Side View[/image_items]
[image_items link=”LINK_IMAGE” source=”https://www.faceofit.com/reviews/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Featured-1-black-back.png”] Black Back Cover[/image_items]
[image_items link=”LINK_IMAGE” source=”https://www.faceofit.com/reviews/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Featured-1-black.png”] Black Front[/image_items]
What you will like
- Latest Android Marshmallow based TouchWiz interface found on its bigger siblings.
- The Exynos Processor is fast and capable for regular users.
- The Camera takes good quality pictures.
- Battery backup is excellent.
What you will not like
- The Ring & Speaker volume is low at Max Settings.
- Call Quality is below expectations.
- TouchWiz is heavy and uses more than 60% of the system memory.
- At this price, the phone does not have a Full HD screen.
- Lack of a Magnetic Sensor
- Poor Quality Headphones
- The back side is slippery to hold.
- A lot of pre-installed Apps takes a lot of the 16 GB in-built ROM space.
You can buy the Galaxy J7 online from various e-commerce websites. We have listed out a link below. Check it out!