Creative is a brand that is synonymous with excellent sound products. If you had built a PC yourself back in the days, there is a high chance that you would have considered a creative sound card for a premium sound experience. If you think yourself as an audiophile, the Creative brand needs no introduction. Sound Card’s and PC speakers have always been their preferred niche.
Also Read: Motorola Pulse Max Headphone Review
However, when it comes to headphones, it is a crowded market out there. When someone is in the market for a new set of headphones, Creative is not the brand that comes to your mind first. So what Creative did is borrow some features from their sound department into their headphones. For example, 3D 7.1 up mixing, positional audio (CMSS ?) designed for gaming, etc. Sounds familiar? Yes, definitely. Creative is well known for their 5.1 or 7.1 sound cards for gaming, and targeting their headphones for the same purpose (Gaming) is smart marketing for sure. So here is our review of Creative Sound Blaster Tactic 3D gaming headphones.
Note: I have been an old customer of creative. So the Sound Blaster sub-branding from Creative is pretty familiar to me.
Review of Creative Sound Blaster Tactic 3D Gaming Headphones
The Creative Sound Blaster Tactic 3D comes with dual inputs. You can either use the 3.5mm Stereo AUX Input or a Wired USB connection. Now, you need to keep in mind, that both these inputs do affect the sound quality. When you use the 3.5 mm headphone jack, the sound is a bit low, compared to its USB input performance. It might be because the USB input gives more power than the 3.5 mm headphone jack. Another critical thing to remember is that the headphones come with a companion app. In case if you want the maximum performance out of these, install the drivers and the App and configure it to your taste. Here is a screenshot:
If you have used the Creative bundled software before, you should be familiar with the terminologies. It also comes with a detachable Mic (See Image below) which can be used for communication or multiplayer gaming. However, the build quality is questionable over its long-term longevity.
- Frequency-Response : 20Hz ~ 20kHz
- Sensitivity : 102dB /mW
- Impedance: 32 ohms
- Audio Drivers: 50 mm Full Spectrum
- Bluetooth/NFC Support: No
- Microphone: Detachable Noise Canceling Condenser
- Software: Not included, needs to be downloaded.
- Color Illuminated Ear Cups (Can be Turned Off using Software)
- Dual Inputs: 3.5 mm and USB Inputs
- Physical Volume and Mute Buttons on the Earcups
- High-Quality USB and Aux Cables provided in the Box
[image_items link=”LINK_IMAGE” source=”https://www.faceofit.com/reviews/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Creative-Rage-Feat-1.png”] Headphones [/image_items]
[image_items link=”LINK_IMAGE” source=”https://www.faceofit.com/reviews/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Creative-Mic.png”] Detachable Mic[/image_items]
[image_items link=”LINK_IMAGE” source=”https://www.faceofit.com/reviews/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Creative-Feat-1.png”] Full View [/image_items]
[button_link size=”medium” src=”http://amzn.to/2b65E0Z”]Buy Now[/button_link]
What Will You Like
- Great Bass and Sound reproduction across the range
- Improved sound quality when used along with the companion software
- The Dual Input option with detachable cables gives you more flexibility
- Detachable Mic is useful and can be removed when not needed
- Noise Cancellation on the Mic is above expectations
- Great value at $50
What you will not Like
- Plastic build. Long-term longevity is not guaranteed
- Ears may pain when used for a long time
- The detectable mic is sometimes not detected in Windows
- The Entire setup is a bit complex for novice users. Users may find the initial hardware and software configuration a bit complicated
- The Lights on the Ear Cups is cheesy and not up to everyone’s taste
When we look at the price, all the negatives of this product only go away. For users who have already owned and used Creative products, buying this is a no-brainer. The overall performance blows the competition away and even costlier headphones. Overall, a recommended buy!