Acer is known for its cost effectiveness and their Ultrabooks are no exception. If you are in the market for one, check out our Buyers Guide to Acer S7-393-7616. Read along to know more!
Note: If you buy something from our links, we might earn a commission. See our affiliate disclosure statement.
Introduction (Buyers Guide to Acer S7-393-7616)
The Acer Ultrabook line up is a bit confusing since it uses the term “Ultrabook” for both the entry level, as well as the higher end laptops. The Acer S7-393-7616 is a decent Ultrabook with specs matching its competitors on most of the features and functionalities.
Also Read: Top Laptops with Dedicated Graphics Cards
- 13.3″ WQHD IPS widescreen LED-backlit display with a resolution of 2560 x 1440 & 16:9 aspect ratio.
- Touch-screen, supporting up to 10 finger touch points.
- The Latest 5th-Generation Intel Core i7-5500U Processor with base clock speed of 2.4GHz and Max Clock Speed (Turbo Boost Technology) of up to 3.0 GHz
- Latest Windows 10 Home Premium Edition
- 8-GB of DDR3L-RS Non-ECC Memory (formerly known as DDR3Lm)
- A Fast 256 GB 2.5″ SSD Disk Drive
- An Integrated-Intel HD Graphics 5500 (Max Frequency of 900 Mhz)
- Integrated Digital Media Card Reader – Secure Digital (SD)
- Dual band WiFi support for 802.11 a,b,g,ac and featuring MIMO technology
- Support for Bluetooth 4.0
- Supporting Intel-WiDi (Intel Wireless Display)
- Front only HD-Webcam with resolution of 1280 x 720 (720p)
- Dual Stereo built-in speakers
- Only 2 USB 3.0 ports with one of them support power off charging
- 1- HDMI Port and with HDCP Support
- 6280mAh Battery with 8 Hours of real-world usage using a 4-cell lithium battery
- Lightweight 2.87 lbs & 0.51 inch thickness
What you will like
- Low Price compared to competitors
- Refurbished ones come at a stellar price of $449.95
- Back-lit Keyboard support
- Latest Edition of Intel Processor with better battery life
- Battery life is marginally better than competitors with same specs
What you will not like
- Acer Brand value. Better Laptop Brands available at similar price points.
- It’s the closest competitor; the Asus Zenbook comes at about 200$ cheaper.
- The Track-pad could have been better.
[image_items link=”Backside” source=”https://www.faceofit.com/reviews/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Featured-2.png”] Backside [/image_items]
[image_items link=”Front” source=”https://www.faceofit.com/reviews/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Featured-3.png”] Front Right [/image_items]
[image_items link=”Front Side” source=”https://www.faceofit.com/reviews/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Featured-4.png”] Front Left [/image_items]
[image_items link=”Lid Closed” source=”https://www.faceofit.com/reviews/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Featured-5.png”] Lid Closed [/image_items]
[image_items link=”Top” source=”https://www.faceofit.com/reviews/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Featured-6.png”] Top [/image_items]
Overall, the Acer S7-393-7616 gives you a well balanced performance at a good price point. If you are not very brand conscious and is looking for a lightweight all-rounder touchscreen laptop, then this could be your choice.