Having conversation skills is very important when you are at a meeting. Whether you are at a professional meeting, when you are with your boss or just your colleagues or you are at other informal meetings. No matter what the nature of the meeting is all about, there are certain reasons why people will listen to you, reasons which depend a lot on you.
Here is what you should be avoiding in your meetings:
1. There are occasions when people go in to a shell when they fall into a dicey situation or they have to face uncomfortable questions. People who can handle such a situation will be welcomed.
2. There are people who ask too many questions or speak unnecessarily prolonging the meeting. You should know how to ask and what to ask.
3. If you have a poor delivery of speech and you tend to get excited or mumble while at a meeting, then it is a bad sign.
5. There are people who start talking about weird topics when it isn’t required at all and don’t touch upon the subject at all.
6. You can’t afford to be boring or too non contributing or hog the limelight.
If you want to make yourself ‘stand out’ from the rest, here are 5 things you can do:
1.Your voice has to be just right, it can’t be too low or too high at a meeting. The modulation has to be right too.
2. As you speak, create an impact on the others by talking relevant and with a proper body language.
3. Be assertive. You need to choose your words carefully as any slip of tongue might be disastrous.
4.Eye contact is very important because anyone who doesn’t make proper eye contact is considered to be someone who is either not confident or sure of himself or is a dicey character.
5.Remember you can only be a good speaker if you are a good listener. People will only be interested to listen to you if you listen to them and make observations about how they speak and what they speak.
Remember, the above mentioned points are just a documented form of commonsense. It is all up-to you and the overall way in which you conduct yourself that sets you apart from the rest at a meeting.
On a lighter note …..
Affiliate Disclosure: Faceofit.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.