How is CV Important for Job?
If you are dreaming to bag that dream job, and wondering how to impress the interviewers, you should start from improving your “Curriculum vitae”. You can actually goof up unknowingly because you failed to take note of a few essential factors or points on your C.V?
Your C.V is one of the most essential factors which will help you to bag the job because it is the initial impression that you make to your potential employer before they see you in person. Therefore while applying for a job, steps should be taken to ensure a proper C.V which will include all the necessary details that will prove to be the deciding factor.
Your C.V shouldn’t include too little or too much information. You have to strike a balance and mention just what is required for that particular job precisely to the point.
There are few things which should definitely be included in your C.V. They are-
1. Include a lot of details(but not unnecessary details) about your past jobs clearly defining the roles and responsibilities that you had in your past jobs.
2. If you can mention your achievements, then you can mention your failures. Yes, it sounds surprising, but if you can convey to the employers that you have tried, yet failed to do something, yet also learnt something, then it is also an achievement because unless you have tasted failure, you can ‘t achieve success. Failure goes hand in hand with success and you are bound to face failure at some point of time which will make you a more mentally strong and determined person.
3. If you have worked in different places, cities or even organizations which are different in nature, it might help because then it shows that you can adapt to different situations, with different people and don’t always like to be in a comfort zone.
4. A lot of people might have done low level jobs at the beginning of their career and don’t like to mention it as they think mentioning it will go against them, but sometimes it helps to learn a few things which will help you in your future job which the employers take note of.
5. If you do any side business or associate yourself with any such project which will help you grow and develop skills outside of your immediate job, then it should be mentioned.
6. If you have won any awards or been recognized for your professional achievements in the past it needs to be mentioned. Also any extra curricular activities that you might pursue which might make you learn how to work as a team is a plus point so it needs to be highlighted.
7. If you think you possess a few skills which will help you stand out, clearly highlight them and mention them.
Your C.V should be different for each job. It should be tailored accordingly and should mention the relevant details, achievements and job experiences that are relevant only for that job. It should reflect how positive a person you are and should create an impression on your future employer or employers.
Remember, the job is in your hand only if you can create an impression and a lot depends on your C.V.
Affiliate Disclosure: Faceofit.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.