Wrike, (www.wrike.com) is an online cloud based project management & collaboration platform from Wrike Inc. Based out of San Jose California, Wrike is their primary product offering. Since it is a cloud based software, there are no upfront setup costs. The user interface is intuitive and easy to use. With a centralized dashboard, users can track, assign and visualize projects from a single location. The audience that Wrike caters to have fierce competition in the market. For example, “Activecollab” directly markets itself as a “Wrike Alternative” on google. Then there is Zapier, Workfront, Jira, Zoho, Trello, Microsoft Project Online etc. all of which have good market share. So, let us find out about what Wrike has to offer.
Wrike: Cloud Based Project Management & Collaboration Platform
One of the major advantages of Wrike is that there are no infrastructure setup costs. You can literally set up the platform within minutes. Some of the major functional advantages of Wrike over its competition are as follows:
- Ability to change milestones based on dates that affect timelines.
- Invite external users/entities or vendors outside your network to collaborate and work on tasks.
- See timeline views of project progression and all its dependencies.
- Setup contingencies and maintain workflows.
- Group workspaces for real-time co-authoring.
The Wrike mobile apps provide the following functionality:
- Capture ideas and Tasks right from the mobile app.
- Prioritize your to-do lists.
- Real-time mobile notifications & alerts.
- Mobile viewer to collaborate on documents.
- Attach photos to tasks from a mobile device.
Wrike Cost: Pricing and Planning
Wrike offers multiple pricing structures suitable for small teams to large enterprises. They also offer a free tier of up to 5 users. Here is the breakup of its cost structure:
- Free: Up to 5 users, offering basic collaboration and project management
- Professional: $ 9.80 for a full project planning and collaboration experience. Users of 5,10 or 15 users.
- Business: $ 24.80 per user targeted for businesses of up to 200 seats.
- Marketers: $ 34.60 with unlimited users (minimum 5) billed per user when paid annually.
- Enterprise: You need to contact Wrike for exciting offers.
You can find more information here on the Wrike website.
Wrike External users & Email Notifications
Emails notifications are only sent when changes are made to a project task by other users. Your own changes do not trigger any notifications. The notification system is dynamic and does not reply on user settings. Users, on the other hand, can set up alerts instead. Here are the scenarios where an email notification is dynamically triggered:
- If a task assignment, Dates or assignee is changed.
- If other users mentioned you with @user tagging.
- If a new user is added to task, folder or a project.
- Changes to task description, file or comment addition.
- Reports delivery can trigger an email notification.
Here is a screenshot of the notifications settings below:
Wrike Integration with Google and Microsoft Outlook Calendar
Only Wrike users can create iCal links directly from Wrike. You can use iCalendar links for Folders & Projects, Tasks and Sub-folders. Any application which supports iCalendar should work with this feature. Here are the highlights:
- Microsoft Outlook, Google Calendar or Calendar for Mac, for example, any iCalendar compatible app should work fine.
- Wrike system uses iCalendar or Web Calendar link.
- You can export tasks from Project folders into a calendar link. This includes subfolders as well.
Here is a screenshot for your reference:
Wrike Reports, Dashboards & Templates
You can build customizable reports from your tasks and projects pane. Reports will refresh the data automatically at runtime. This ensures that you are always greeted with up to date information. As you would have guessed, external project collaborators can only consume the reports, but cannot create any. The predefined Wrike report templates give you instant access to business insights. With data and reports readily available, setting expectations with clients becomes much easier.
Here is a snapshot of a sample Wrike Dashboard:
Getting started with Wrike:
You can get started with Wrike Cloud Based Project Management & Collaboration Platform right away. For starters, here is a quick Wrike getting started video.
We hope you like our review. For any suggestions or clarifications, please drop us a comment below in the comment section. Cheers!