Crowdfunding is contributing to great product innovations, and the OmniCharge took shape as a part of a kick-starter project. Currently they already got 1709 backers and have raised $254,903 USD till date. This is 510% over what they initially wanted for the project. It is touted to be the world’s smallest power bank with an AC/DC Power outlet and adaptive USB fast charging. The OmniCharge comes in two different packages. One is a 13600 mah battery capacity and the other is a 20400 mah capacity. For charging laptops with screens of over 14″, the 20400 mah capacity is recommended.
- Battery Capacity: 13600 mah or 20400 mah (3.6 volts)
- Battery Cells 4 & 6 respectively
- USB Output: 4.8A shared across 2 USB ports
- AC Output: 120V
- AC Max Output: 65 W for the 13600 mah spec, and 120 V for the 20400 mah spec
- Input: 4.5v – 80V via. power adapter
- Charging Time: 2-3 hours
- Battery Efficiency of 90%
What you will like
- Adaptive Fast USB Charging. Does not overload smaller devices like a smartwatch or ipods.
- LED Display indicator showing charge inputs and outputs
- Can charge a Surface Pro 4 to full once
- Powerbank itself charges within 3 hours
- Simultaneously charges while the powerbank is connected to a power outlet
- Compact size and is easy to carry
- Great build quality
What you will not like
- Price is on the higher side
- Concerns of after sales service
- Can get hot when used with multiple devices
Overall, the power-bank is a well balanced product, designed to support today’s mobile lifestyle. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone who is willing to support the project.