The ASUS X555LA-HI31103J is an affordable laptop with an unbelievable sub-300$ price tag. At this price, this laptop is competing with Chromebooks, Android Tablets and other consumption devices. However, this Asus laptop is not a consumption device, but a full fledged laptop with a 15.6″ screen. On top of this, the laptop comes pre-installed with the latest version of Windows 10 Home Premium Edition.
- A large screen of 15.6″ with HD LED Display with a maximum resolution of 1366 x 768
- A 0.3 Megapixel camera and Dual Microphones on the front
- An Intel broadwell based 5th Generation Core i3 5020U processor from Intel with 3M level 3 Cache @ 2.20 GHz
- Low Power 15 Watt TDP Processor
- Intel HD 5500 Graphics running at 900 Mhz (Max Dynamic Frequency)
- 4 GB DDR3L RAM, can be upgraded to a maximum of 12 GB using the empty memory slot.
- 1 Terabyte 2.5″ HDD with 5600 rpm spindle speed. Recommended to upgrade to an SSD.
- Connectivity options include 2 USB 3.0 ports, 1 USB 2.0 port, a DVD Reader/Writer, 1 HDMI & VGA port, 1 Ethernet Port.
- WiFi with a,b,g,ac support
- Front Stereo speakers.
RAM Type supported for expansion is a Non ECC CL 9 with 1.35V, Unbuffered SODIMM memory with 204-pin
What you will like
- Excellent Pricing from Asus for a Laptop with great specs and Windows pre-loaded.
- Great upgrade options for both Memory and SSD based Hard-Drivers.
- 1 TB Hard-Drive is a bonus for this price range.
- Latest low power processor from Intel with 4 Cores and Hyper-threading.
- Great for School and Office workloads.
What you will not like
- The Glossy finish at the back can be a fingerprint magnet.
- No Full HD display
- Keyboard does not have a back-lit display.
At this price, Asus has a winner in this category of laptops. With great built-quality and excellent performance for simple workloads makes this a great buy for students and offices alike. One shouldn’t be looking for a Chromebook when this is available, seriously!
Download Laptop Manual for AsusX555LA