Find the Best Compact Flash Memory Cards for Canon 5D can be tricky. As you might already know that the Canon 5D mark IV is the successor to the mighty Canon 5D mark III. The new camera gets modest upgrades when compared with its predecessor. When you want the maximum performance from your camera, you would need the best compact flash memory cards for Canon 5D. Here are some of the most notable features of this compelling image capturing device:
- 30.4 megapixel CMOS sensor
- 6+ Digic processor
- Capable of providing 29.98, 24, 25 and 30 frames per second rate while shooting 4k videos
- 61-point autofocus system
- Full integration ultra high-speed-I class 3 SDXC / CF memory cards
- Dual memory slot
As it is clear that almost every feature that was present in mark III are either refreshed or upgraded in Canon 5D Mark IV. Since capabilities are increased, memory load will increase too. Keeping that in mind, we have compiled a list of top 5 compact flash [CF] memory cards that suit best with Canon 5D Mark IV for smooth performance and more IOPS (Read/Write Speeds). Since the camera supports dual memory cards simultaneously, you will not be limited by the storage capacity of your compact flash memory cards. In this list, only Lexar and SanDisk memory cards are covered. Search for CF memory cards on the e-commerce website, and you will know why. These two brands offer best in this category of memory cards:
- Lexar 256GB Professional 1066x Compact Flash Memory Card:
With a read transfer speed of 1066x or say 160 MB/s, this compact flash is capable of capturing high-quality pictures of 4K resolution and videos at full HD, 3D, and 4K quality. It also quickly transfers them using its high speed integrated buses.
- Sufficient storage space of 256 GB
- UDMA 7 technology that serves high performance and speed and delivers 1066x transfer speed that can be stretched as high as 160 MB/s.
- Fully supported in high-end DSLRs for capturing high-quality images. It can also be used in HD camcorders and 3D cameras for capturing ultra HD videos.
- Supports VPG up to 65
- The workflow would be accelerated since files are transferred quickly from camera to PC.
- Fully compatible with UDMA, CF, and CF devices
- Downloadable image rescue software helps in recovering lost data
Price: 22,999 INR, $244 USD
- SanDisk Extreme PRO compact flash card:
This is one of the first high capacity compact flash cards having a storage capacity of 256GB. It is capable of recording 4K videos thanks to writing speed supported up to 65 MB every second. Workflow performance would be dramatically improved as the transfer speed of this compact flash card can go as high as 160 MB/s. It is capable of handling fast shots with a speed of 150 MB/s. It is quite useful for continuous burst mode and fast action shots.
- Storage capacity of 256 GB
- Writing speed up to 65 MB/s
- Transfer speed up to 160 MB/s
- Fast capture and burst mode support at 150 MB/s
- UDMA 7 integration technology
- Data recovery compatibility
Price: 19,499 INR, $274 USD
- Lexar 128 GB Professional 1066x Compact Flash Memory Card:
It is capable of capturing high-quality images and recording full HD, 3D, and 4K videos. It does not only captures quickly but also transfers them in a quick manner with “read” transfers speed up to 160 MB per second or say the speed of 1066x. Here are some fascinating features of this compact flash memory cards:
- Storage capacity of 128 GB
- Delivers high-speed performance thanks to UDMA 7 technology
- Read transfer speed up to 160 MB/s
- Supported in most of the modern DSLRs, HD camcorders, and 3D cameras
- Delivers professional quality video capturing
- High-speed transfer to pace up the workflow
Buy it for Price: 8,938 INR $95 USD
- SanDisk 32 GB Extreme Pro Compact Flash Card:
Despite having a bit of low storage space of 32 GB, this is especially decided for recording 4K videos on cinema quality with integrated UDMA technology. VPG-65 makes sure that write speed sustention is at the minimal level when capturing full HD or 4K videos. It delivers 65 MB/s speed when capturing videos. Moreover, transfer speed can go as high as 160 MB/s. Fast shots and anti-burst mode are fully supported at speed of 150 MB/s. It assures quality when using fast action or anti-burst mode. Here are some significant features:
- 1000x transfer speed when using continuous burst mode and fast shots
- 160 MB/s speed when transferring data from camera to other devices through USB bridge
- VPG-65 for smooth video recording experience
- Storage capacity of 32 GB, sufficient for short setups or shoots
- Comes with jewel case for better storing and archiving
- Writable labels for easy identifications and management
Buy for Price: 4,099 INR, $44 USD
- Lexar 256 GB 800X Professional Compact Flash Cards:
1060x flash cards from the same series are quite expensive for photographers that to do not require lightning fast transfer speed. Those memory cards are for sports photography, etc. However, this one is best for those requiring high storage but low speed is okay for them. This memory card would make sure that you get 800x sustained speed for smooth capturing and transferring experience. Here are some most significant features of this small wonder:
- Quite sufficient storage space of 256 GB
- UDMA 7 technology for delivering read transfer speed up to 120 MB/s
- Supported in most of the modern DSLRs, HD camcorders and 3d cameras for capturing full HD and 4K videos.
- VPG-20 assures smooth video capturing experience
- Includes image rescue software for avoiding data loss
- UDMA CF and CF device compatibility
Buy it for Price: 22,330 INR
We hope that you like our list of the Best Compact Flash Memory Cards for Canon 5D available at the moment. If you need the best performance, choose anyone from the list and you will not regret it. Have comments or suggestions? Feel free to give us feedback by dropping us a line in the comment section below.