Outlook is arguably the most used email client in the world, thanks to its corporate users. Since a majority of them use Microsoft Office for productivity, Outlook has become the de facto standard for sending and receiving emails. If you have spent in an organization long enough, you will eventually end up having the need to back them up to a file. Hola PST! Yes, when you export your emails to a file in Microsoft Outlook, they have a file extension of *.pst.
- How-To Create an “Outlook-.PST” Data File
- On the File menu, Click on New, and then click Outlook Data File.
- Select “Office Outlook Personal Folders File (.pst)” and click OK.
- Choose the location where the file will stay on the network.
- In the “File name” box, type a title for the file, and click OK.
- In the “Name box,” type a display name concerning them-.PST folder.
- Accept the remaining as default settings, and then click OK. The name of the folder connected with the data file should then be presented in your folder list view.
- Continue to create any desired folder structure.
- Pull any items from your current folders to the current folder.
- Open an Outlook-.PST Data File
- On the “File menu,” point to Open, and then click Outlook Data File.
- Navigate to the wanted folder on the network drive, then select the “.PST” file you need to open and click OK.
That’s it! You have all your email items backed up to a file. Now, typically these files reside in your archive folders or on a portable hard disk. Now, these PST files can get corrupted over time and become inaccessible. Microsoft provides a repair utility called “SCANPST.EXE” which can help you recover your PST files. But, what to do when SCANPST.EXE does not work? Behold “Stellar Phoenix Outlook PST Repair” software.
How To Repair Corrupt Outlook PST Files
When “SCANPST.EXE” does not work, you typically search for 3rd party products which provide advanced features. But, which one to choose? Since there are many software vendors out there offering the same solution, it becomes difficult to determine which ones are genuine.
To repair corrupt Outlook PST files, we recommend the “Stellar Phoenix Outlook PST Repair” from Stellar software, which offers a complete solution to restore damaged Microsoft Outlook Personal Storage (PST) files.
The software repairs corrupt PST files and restore all its content, such as e-mails with attachments, contacts, calendars, tasks, & journals. Stellar Phoenix Outlook PST Repair scans and extracts data from a damaged PST file, repairs it and then saves it as a new usable PST file. To view fixed items, you need to import the original PST file into MS Outlook.
“Stellar Phoenix Outlook PST” Repair also ensures recovery of accidentally deleted e-mails that you have emptied from the deleted items folder. After rescuing the PST file, the software shows its original content. All folders from the original PST file are presented accompanying with their content in a three-pane structure.
The latest version supports Outlook 2016 and provides a new and enhanced UI. Also, the current version added the option to “save and load scan” information.
• Allows you to view messages in a 3-view format.
• “Selective recovery” of emails.
• Find option to search emails faster.
• Repairs e-mails, calendar entries, contacts, notes, tasks and journals from damaged PST files.
• Restores rich formatting from RTF and HTML messages.
• Repairs encrypted PST files.
• Repairs PST files larger than 2GB.
• The repaired file is saved as new PST file on any (including network) disk visible by the host
• Can save single mail messages in EML, MSG, RTF, HTML, and PDF format. It also creates a unique profile for each PST files.
• The enhanced preview feature for calendars, tasks, journals, and contacts.
• Support for MS Office 2016 / 2013 / 2010 / 2007 / 2003.
• Right-click option to save emails in any one of the following formats from preview section itself –
MSG, EML, RTF, HTML, and PDF.
• Option to arrange scanned emails and messages as per Date, From, To, Subject, Type, Attachment, and Importance.
You can also arrange the scanned emails in the form of groups.
If you want to check out the Stellar Phoenix Outlook PST Repair Ver 8.0, do visit their website to download the tool.
We hope you like our post. You can directly contact Stellar using the following URL’s which also includes product information. Feedbacks and suggestions are welcome in the comment section down below. Thank you for visiting!
User Manual Guide: