Connecting to a Reliance JioNet WiFi Hotspot using PC, Android or iOS or any other WiFi enabled devices is fully support by Jio. Reliance Jio provides thousands of WiFi Hotspots across the country, mainly in the urban commercial areas. If you have a Jio number, you can easily authorize your WiFi-Device to connect to the JioNet WiFi network. If you want to avoid the manual process of searching for WiFi hotspot availability, simply install the JioNet app for hotspot discovery. Interested? Find out the steps to connect to reliance JioNet WiFi hotspot below.
How To Connect To Reliance JioNet WiFi Hotspot
In order to get started, install the JioNet app from the respective app store. Once installed, the App will notify you when a JioNet WiFi hotspot is available nearby. If you are within the range, you can use the App to authorize you to connect. If you have the app on your phone, but you want to connect your PC, then you will have to generate an OTP (One Time Password) to authorize your PC. But first, let’s look at how to connect to Reliance JioNet WiFi hotspot using Android and iOS.
How to Connect to Reliance JioNet WiFi hotspot using Android and iOS
Follow the steps below to connect to a JioNet WiFi hotspot.
- Download and install the JioNet App from the respective App store. Currently, Android and iOS apps are available.
- Once installed, check if you are near a JioNet WiFi hotspot. If yes, use the App to connect and authorize your connection.
- If you want the JioNet app to automatically notify you when a Hotspot is available, keep the WiFi on.
- If you are not nearby a JioNet hotspot, tap on “Find a Hotspot” to locate one.
- Once you are connected to JioNet, enter your Jio phone number for OTP verification.
- Enter the OTP to complete the authorization process and start browsing the internet.
- Optionally, use the Jio-Sim based Auto-Login to automatically log you in when connected to a JioNet WiFi hotspot.
Note: You can install the JioNet app on any Android or iOS device. However, for the authorization process, you would need to have a valid Jio number. You can manually enter the OTP from a different Jio number and connect to the JioNet WiFi. In fact, this is the process that you would need to follow if you want to connect your PC/laptop to a JioNet WiFi hotspot. Secondly, you would need one Jio number per device that needs to be connected to a JioNet WiFi hotspot. However, in the testing phase, we were able to authorize both our PC and an Android phone simultaneously by generating two OTP’s. I believe once the testing phase is completed, only one device per Jio number would be supported.
Here are the screenshots below for your reference:
How to Connect To Reliance JioNet WiFi Hotspot Using PC
When you want to connect your PC to a JioNet WiFi hotspot, you would need to connect to it manually. In this case, the companion app will only tell you if you are within a JioNet WiFi range. Once in range, follow the steps below:
- Connect to JioNet from the PC WiFi list. See screenshot below.
- Once connected, the default web browser will open and will prompt you to enter the “Mobile Number” first and click on “Get Verification code“
- Once you enter your Jio mobile number and request for a verification code, an OTP would be sent to it.
- Enter the OTP to authorize your PC to connect to JioNet WiFi hotspot.
Here are the screenshots for your reference:
JioNet WiFi Hotspot Speed Test
We tested JioNet WiFi hotspot speeds in multiple locations and got blazing fast speeds. Yes, we did take screenshots of it. See below:
We got upload and download speeds of more than 100 Mbps over WiFi which is incredible. We need more of these hotspots across the country and never complain about internet speeds ever.
Currently, there are no data limits for connecting to these WiFi hotspots. However, down the line, we believe Reliance Jio would definitely monetize users for accessing their hotspots. We hope this post was helpful. If you have any suggestions or queries, please drop us a comment below in the comment section.